Brett Favre reiterates he’s not playing in 2011

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The man who simply can’t bring himself to walk away from the NFL says he really is done after this year. Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was asked in an NFL Network interview whether he will return to play in 2011, and he offered a one-word answer. “No,” Favre said. That’s what Favre has said throughout…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You can tell he is miserable out there this year. He'd be a fool to come back for another season. Although we were saying that 3-4 years ago.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
His site said they were making farewell tour t-shirts when he returned to the Vikings...

Post is gone now and has been

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, here we go again. The Packers and the Jets have all heard this song and dance before and we know it well. Now it's the Vikings turn. I bet we see Favre is a Bears jersey in 2011. You just know it's gonna happen!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He said it was for real with the JETS and then changed his mind

Is it still a lie or just changing his mind?

I believe he is ALLOWED to change his mind, but to point blank say THIS RETIREMENT IS REAL then "change his mind" is lying

Honey I will never gamble/cheat/speed/watch full house again.

6 months later they gamble/cheat/speed/watch full house.

a liar or just changing mind?

Reaction score
Favre

AP: It was recently learned that Brett Favre has received permission from the Minnesota Vikings to speak with the Chicago Bears front office regarding a job next season. It isn't quite clear weather if it would be a multi year deal or 1 year at a time. Brett was heard saying "I definitely am leaning towards the beer vendor position versus the janitorial engineer job". But it all remains to be seen if the Bears feel he would be able to complete the whole season at either position. More on this story as it develops.:wave:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to turn off 1 million per game. I think he'll be getting the "itch" to play towards the end of training camp next year. Think the Cowpies wouldn't be interested?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he really ****** up his legacy (for a long time).

he DESERVES to be a Viking at this point.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he does retire, and that is a big "if", considering he has pulled this retirement BS for the last 3 seasons. The problem if he does retire, people are not going to believe it. Favre, add "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" to your reading list. IF he retires, don't think for one moment that will be the last of him you'll see. I don't think he'll be reclining in an easy chair and smoking a corn cob pipe while watching westerns on TV. It's hard to get football out of your blood, I think he'd get involved in announcing/ broadcasting, or coaching, some aspect of the game. That is, IF the NFL will have him after the misconduct issues are resolved. A lot of IFs here. Not many clear answers. But that's what you get when you have Favre. He's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. I always hope for butter cream, but that's just me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He said it was for real with the JETS and then changed his mind

Is it still a lie or just changing his mind?

I believe he is ALLOWED to change his mind, but to point blank say THIS RETIREMENT IS REAL then "change his mind" is lying

Honey I will never gamble/cheat/speed/watch full house again.

6 months later they gamble/cheat/speed/watch full house.

a liar or just changing mind?

so anyone care to reply?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Our local news just had a little tidbit of the interview on, and right after the part that BF says he won't be back for 2011 , the one guy says.."He sure enjoys the chase"
the sportscaster says.."your talking about football right??"

classic!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts