Brett Favre Pass

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who have been to Green Bay, Brett Favre Pass is a short little two block road almost like an alley. It leads to his Restaurant.

Green Bay names streets around the frozen tundra of Lambeau after contributors to the team.

There is Tony Canadeo Run which is just off Brett Favre Pass. There is Reggie White Way, and Bart Starr Dr.

The biggest and longest streets are named after Lombardi and Holmgren.

I think Brett deserves a more prominent street.

Now... S. Oneida Street would be perfect to re-name Brett Favre Pass. However, that takes the name away from the First Nation Oneida's who are so prominent in Green Bay. But it is the road that runs along Lambeau field and intersects Lombardi St.

At this time the intersection in front of the Lambeau Atrium, and home of the Packers hall of fame is... Lombardi Ave. and S. Oneida Way.

Brett deserves than more than a street that really amounts to an alley.

Lambeau Field at the corner of Lombardi Ave and S. Brett Favre Way sounds so much better, but... Would the Onieda Nation object?

R.P.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, not to go off on a total tangent, but why is it Brett Favre Pass, Tony Canadeo Run, but Reggie White Way? How about Reggie White Sack? Or Reggie White Stuff? (he was really good at stuffing the run - a "stuff" for those who don't know is when a runner is tackled for a loss of one yard or more).

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Would the Onieda Nation object?

R.P.

I can think of a lot of answers. But lest I be thought to be bordering on racist. The answer is Yes.

Something to keep in mind is that Oneida @ Lombardi is in Green Bay and Brett Favre Pass is in Ashwaubenon.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd vote to take Holmgren's road away from him and give it to Favre... but I'll admit I'm biased against Holmgren.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
I'd vote to take Holmgren's road away from him and give it to Favre... but I'll admit I'm biased against Holmgren.

Now, you're talking! :twisted:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problem with changing the name of a longer street is that it would really inconvenience a lot of business/residences (the street to the West of Lambeau - Ridge Road I think - comes to mind).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why stop at streets? Why not name buildings after players?
Bellin Hospital could have the "Darren Sharper Burn Unit".

And the "Ahmad Carroll Hand Surgeons Clinic"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh! And businesses could get into it too!

"La-Z-Boy" recliners could be renamed "Cletidus Hunt Recliners"
(Wouldn't be much of a name change, really)

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, just change the whole darn thing to Favre Bay. Or Brettsconsin. That should pretty much cover it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL Brettsconsin!!!!!!!!!!

But Greg Jennings HAS to allow this to happen ya know

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Brettsconsin!!!!!!!!!!

But Greg Jennings HAS to allow this to happen ya know

Greg Jennings is perfectly fine with it.

By the way, in case you don't know, we're changing the name of this country to the United States of Gregorious.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually called the mayors office of GB to inquire as to what it takes to change a streets name. He said quite a bit and that as someone had already mentioned, most of the recent street names were in Ashwaubanon. Also, it is easier to get a street that is new.

I was inquiring about naming a street after Cheesey, but then thought better of it. So I looked into a street named after Bob Harlan.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP & Trip and Posters on this topic.-
City of Green Bay is already considering what should be done in Green Bay area to honor retired Packer Quarterback Brett Favre. This article was posted today Tuesday ,April 8th on packersnews.com -home page- Packer News section.

"Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt said he is working with area communities and state officials to name a major thoroughfare after retired Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

Five possibilities mentioned by Schmitt are the Walnut Street bridge, Mason Street, Velp Avenue, Ashland Avenue, and Military Avenue.

Schmitt said he prefers something connected to the Stadium District, and something that is inter-community, involving more than the city of Green Bay."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP & Trip and Posters on this topic.-
City of Green Bay is already considering what should be done in Green Bay area to honor retired Packer Quarterback Brett Favre. This article was posted today Tuesday ,April 8th on packersnews.com -home page- Packer News section.

"Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt said he is working with area communities and state officials to name a major thoroughfare after retired Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

Five possibilities mentioned by Schmitt are the Walnut Street bridge, Mason Street, Velp Avenue, Ashland Avenue, and Military Avenue.

Schmitt said he prefers something connected to the Stadium District, and something that is inter-community, involving more than the city of Green Bay."

Like I said, I-43 ----> I-4

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually called the mayors office of GB to inquire as to what it takes to change a streets name. He said quite a bit and that as someone had already mentioned, most of the recent street names were in Ashwaubanon. Also, it is easier to get a street that is new.

I was inquiring about naming a street after Cheesey, but then thought better of it. So I looked into a street named after Bob Harlan.
Aww.....that would have been cool Trippster! A street named after me!!!
Taco Bell already named one of it's products after me....."Cheesey Gordita!" :lol:

Members online

Latest posts