Brett Favre Officially Retires

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
ESPN has reported that Brett Favre has formally retired from the NFL. He turned in his retirement papers to NFL Headquarters this morning.

Hopefully this will finally end the drama and waffle sales will decrease.

~Val

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I'd turn on NFL Network and ESPN and catch the coverage, but I honestly don't give a **** anymore. Never thought I'd write those words or feel this way, but the act is old and tired. Good riddance.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Normally I'd turn on NFL Network and ESPN and catch the coverage, but I honestly don't give a **** anymore. Never thought I'd write those words or feel this way, but the act is old and tired. Good riddance.

Watching NFLN now, and not even a ticker saying it

OP
OP
Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
No one cares about him... they had a 15 second blurb on the NFL Update they do in-between shows on NFLN. People are tired of the Brett Drama... He had a great career, but tarnished it. Give it 20 years and all he will be is stats in the book and people will compare every QB in the league to him. Sad.

~Val

Watching NFLN now, and not even a ticker saying it

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win and favre wants to steal the spotlight, not surprised.

So where does he play next year? Cleveland? Arizona?

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ESPN has reported that Brett Favre has formally retired from the NFL. He turned in his retirement papers to NFL Headquarters this morning.

Hopefully this will finally end the drama and waffle sales will decrease.

~Val

Yes, I saw that on twitter this morning. A guy made a tweet " yeah, he signed the retirement papers.....in invisible ink."

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'll believe it 6 weeks into next season.

Agreed!! Not until next season is well under way, and we don't hear, see, hide nor hair of him in ANY form... articles, press conferences, and/or texts. I'LL BELIEVE IT!

Even the media is sick of it, and I can only see one blessing out of all them reaching their limit.

We don't have to see the endless show's highlighting his career.:happy0005:

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
At this point, what team would want him? He's old, injured and a major distraction. There couldn't have been a worse way for him to go out, and quite frankly, it couldn't have happened in a better way as far as I'm concerned.

I used to respect the guy, never really liked him. Then he held the Packers hostage. I was very happy when they had enough and made the move to Rodgers. His act with the Jets was a continuation of the crap he started in Green Bay. His first year as a Viking was an anomaly, everything in the cosmos came together for him. He should have just hobbled off into the sunset after the Saints ended his run, but the ego was too large.

But... we all know the drama and spotlight were too much for him. I always expected an announcement from him whenever something big happened in sports, and he rarely disappointed. Front and center was where he had to be.

All his crap made this year all the more satisfying to me. Broken, beaten, battered and bruised. I enjoyed watching every time he had to pick himself up off the turf. But I hope we're done with the live footage.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win and favre wants to steal the spotlight, not surprised.

So where does he play next year? Cleveland? Arizona?

I predict Arizona, although I saw a Browns blogger begging him to join the Browns because "the Browns would win the Super Bowl with him." Seriously.

Maybe if the Packers win the Super Bowl, he'll announce his un-retirement in the middle of the 4th quarter. Chris Berman would seriously talk more about Favre than the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
As I am writing this, the NFL Network is reporting on Favre's retirement and the only video they are showing is of him being sacked to the ground over and over again by different teams. Not ONE shot of him celebrating a touchdown or smiling. Nothing but pain. I think the NFL Network is tired of Favre. They spent no more than 90 seconds reporting on him. Yeah, they are sick of him.

Waffles anyone?

~Val

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SyX, I loved what you wrote:

"Broken, beaten, battered and bruised"

I racked my brainn for 4 hours to remember what to call that...It was over 50 years ago since I used the term. Finally it just popped in my head.
Alliteration,
And a fine example of it!