Brett Favre (No Retire)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I've been thinking about Brett joining another team quite some time now. He's said very adamantly that he doesn't want to play for any team other than the Packers.

At first the thought of him on another team was I dunno, infuriating. But the more I think of it I'd rather him play for another team then retire. Why? I think its an honor to see the man play. I believe he's a once in a life time player. And I would also like to let another city fan base be able to see him 16 times a year opposed to 8 or 4 or 2 or 1 or ... not at all.

This sort of all came to mind when I started thinking about past players, specifically Don Hutson. He's someone who I always wanted to watch play.

Barry Sanders came to mind as well. I always enjoyed seeing him play even if it was in Detroit (although I'd have MUCH rather him been a Packer instead of Mandrich but thats a rant for another time) I'd have really liked it for him to come back and play a few more years. Selfish I know, but only would want him back for those years if it was what he wanted. Same goes with Brett. If he wants to play he should whether its in Green Bay or not. We can't hold the 'unloyal' card to Brett if he decides to play elsewhere.

I'd still root for him regardless of his teams colors(except if he plays the Packers)

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Do you like Brett Favre or the Packers? This Favre worshipping thing has taken total control of some of you.

As a Packer fan it is possible to greatly appreciate Brett Favre for his contributions and leadership without having to make a either/or choice. It is also possible to be a fan of both without it being worshipping. I would guess you know this, but perhaps you have some other rationale for your shot here at the poster?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:
Do you like Brett Favre or the Packers? This Favre worshipping thing has taken total control of some of you.

As a Packer fan it is possible to greatly appreciate Brett Favre for his contributions and leadership without having to make a either/or choice. It is also possible to be a fan of both without it being worshipping. I would guess you know this, but perhaps you have some other rationale for your shot here at the poster?

Cut him a break Bruce....the guy lives on the friggin' north pole.....and we all know how painful that can be! Actually I think Gakk is a recent Packer fan. He doesn't remember what the Packers were like before Brett Favre and after Bart Starr.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
True 'dat..DePack...

He has no idea where his "hero worship" of TT can take him.....

I don't know how you can "elevate" these guys as the "second coming"...Rodgers...TT..before they've ever even done a DAMN THING...in GB...

but that's just me...I guess...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The young pups will learn soon enough.

No hero-worshipping of Tom Delay, is there? I guess he was holding his Department of Corrections ID number a little too low to show up in the picture.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have noticed this as well, why does it seem like Favre gets a pass from everyone. I have never seen anyone more loved by the media. I am a Packer fan, and a Brett Favre fan, but unless he's in the green and gold, my loyalty lies with the Pack.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Exactly what has this got to do with Z2C's initial post ?

If the choice becomes ( on a hypothetical basis ) retirement or play for another team, I for one would love to see him continue to play Z2C.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Favre and I love Favre as a player and what he has done for the packers and I hope with everything that I have that he comes back for 100 more years! But I wouldnt ever want to see him go to a different team. And lucky for me I wont have to worry about that .Cause he is either HERE or NO WHERE! And he has pretty much said that.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

I am a fan of them both. As I am of other players. Barry Sanders, Joey Galloway, Don Hutson(never got to see him play live action though) etc...

Is there a problem with enjoying watching someone play football? Is there somethin wrong with wanting a guy to continue to play because I feel he is still playin at a high level?

I apologize if there is, I just think Brett is a player everyone football fan should see play. He plays with a passion thats not often seen these days.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think people ralize what the man did to keep certain players here and he is willing to do it again,if it wrent for brett i would not be watching football it started with the colts and manning but now i watch the classics and see what i have missed,i'm a big fan of football now wish the pack was in the playoffs,we have some good people in greenbay,and look at brad johnson from the vikings he said if he can't be a starter then he wants to be let go feels he has alot left to play even at his age that should tell t.t. somthing about brett i would like to see him back where he likes to be in greenbay.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold it against Favre if he played for another team. But it would be pretty darn weird, and I doubt very much that it will happen.

The best case scenario is that Favre comes back, hopefully for two or three more years, and plays lights-out. What I don't want to see is him struggling through a bad season like he did this past year and then calling it quits. If he's not fully committed to playing this year, it would be better for everyone if he steps aside and lets a new QB take over.

Reaction score
I think #4 comes back with us !!

I don't see him suiting up anywhere else.

I'm a Packers fan first but Brett has been awesome for us,

don't forget the Packers will be around after Brett and all of us have gone !

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched Favre's DVD from his second book last night....has anyone else watched it before? It's awesome...anyway, back to the point. Favre has been the rock of this franchise for 15 years. It will be very strange to see someone else behind center but the time will come one day, I just hope it doesn't come for at least one more season. Brett has some football left in him and with a healthy team, a solid draft, who knows where the Packers could end up next season?

They could have easily beat the Panthers this season, did beat the Seahawks (I know, meaningless game...etc), could have beat the Steelers (I know, no Big Ben), etc.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I am a fan of them both. As I am of other players. Barry Sanders, Joey Galloway, Don Hutson(never got to see him play live action though) etc...
Same here - watchin' my second fav team / Steelers / get reborn with Big Ben at the helm is legend in process - all over again - ala Brett Favre.

Speaking of Donny Hutson - do you have any of that old footage?
I think the old football films are excellent to bring out of hiding for a review... Makes you go 'deer-in-the-headlights' the minute you switch back to (say) last year's SuperBowl... Plus, Donny sure could run, eh.....

NDPackerFan said:
Just watched Favre's DVD from his second book last night....has anyone else watched it before? It's awesome...
Remind me - which book is this? I already have the FAVRE book, along with a couple of others...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB...

Rothlisberger is over-rated....

He's just asked to manage a game...ohh it also helps that he has such high quality receivers..that the Pack doesn't have..and hasn't for 8 years now....

ohhh..and also they have a good running game and a great defense...

and don't forget the superior coaching they have had over the Pack...

Shut down the running game...and the Rothlisberger becomes very average..QUICK!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favre book by Brett and Bonita Favre. It comes with an "In Their Own Words: Brett Favre" DVD. It's awesome. It gives a lot of sideline stuff of what goes on and what he says. His personality is almost unreal. How a guy can compete on that level and be as loose as he is...my favorite part of the DVD is Marty Mohrnigweg(sp?) as Detroit's HC. He calls the refs over to the sideline after they throw a flag for personal foul on his team and says, "Now, Brett...he baits people. Brett........Favre.........is a baitin' mother!"

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
IPB...

He's just asked to manage a game...ohh it also helps that he has such high quality receivers..that the Pack doesn't have..and hasn't for 8 years now....

You could say the same for Joe Montana, Pack66 ---- or, how about Aikman, or just about any other QB out there.... Personally, I think you're stretchin' the point to bring it up that way. We all have to remember Big Ben is a "second year Player" - as a Rookie, he went 15-1.. name another player who did that(?) He's in his second AFC Championship game... name another who did that(?) On a measurement level - Big Ben has all the tools and does pretty much whatever he decides to do - same as a young Brett always did.

All Quarterbacks are asked to "manage" the Team from an on-field aspect and all QB's suffer in their respective games when they lose a Star Running Back, like Barry Sanders, as an example.... or Emmitt Smith, etc.

Look at it this way - with Ahman Green "not" in the game, this last season.... BRETT FAVRE LOOKED VERY, VERY AVERAGE - he made some real bonehead plays and actually cost us two to three games this last season - very unlike the Favre of old.

Personally, in watching Big Ben, this year - you see a more focused QB - he's lost that happy feet attitude that Peyton Manning will most likely never lose.... Truth is - he gets it. Lets's just hope the Packers have (or find) a QB very much like Big Ben to make things go our way, like the Steelers are doing now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just average or not, he is the q/b and 2 years in a row they are one game away from S.B.

I would take that type of q/b any day of the week if the Pack would be that close to S.B.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
IPB...

Perhaps you didn't see the 1st half of last week's playoff game? The Steelers hardly attempted a running game and, let me think what was the halftime score? Oh yeah 21-3

Sure Ben isn't Favre or Montana et all .... yet. But I'll take him over 85% of the other QBs in the league.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Give Favre Hines Ward and Randle El...and see what he can do....

IPB..maybe you should change your monniker to ISB....

It's patently unfair to compare Brett Favre to anyone with the team that he had last year...you should know better...

Rothlisberger can't win games on his own...time will bear this out....

on the other hand...Brett Favre can...give him the receivers and protection and he will tear you apart...

Where have you been the last 15 years???

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope Ben ISNT Favre, dont think anyone will ever get close to the kind of person that Brett is or the kind of player....IMO......Ben does have tons of help, he has great recievers I for one love Ward hes an amazing athlete...if Brett would have had the talent around him this past year we would be close to the Super Bowl to....:)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
on the other hand...Brett Favre can...give him the receivers and protection and he will tear you apart...

Where have you been the last 15 years???

that could be said about a lot of q/b...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What can't be said about alot of QB's is that they are a sure lock for the HOF 5 years after retirement?

Why do you think that is...?

You see..this is that ungrateful attitude that I've been talking about....

(Favre should play for another team...You guys don't deserve him...)