Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we all knew about this. When people asked whether Favre would mentor Rodgers after he was drafted, Favre said "no way." In the sense that since Favre never had a mentor to help him out, why should Rodgers? This in a way makes Rodgers seem even greater b/c everyone thinks that Rodgers actually learned how to play Qb from Favre but in reality Favre didn't teach him jack squat.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I didn't know Favre was required to keep in contact with Rodgers. I don't see the issue. When you leave a job, do you stay in contact with all the people you worked with? He and Rodgers probably got along okay when he was here, but they must not have been close.

I don't see an issue. I think we're nitpicking now.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yet Rodgers did learn something from Favre, don't force the ball and make stupid mistakes.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I didn't know Favre was required to keep in contact with Rodgers. I don't see the issue. When you leave a job, do you stay in contact with all the people you worked with? He and Rodgers probably got along okay when he was here, but they must not have been close.

I don't see an issue. I think we're nitpicking now.
Mind you, this is the same brINT favre who claims to have like every player and coach in the league on speed dial - I mean, that is why he was in such close contact with the Vikings off season before last, it had nothing to do with tampering... /sarcasm

You are right, it isn't a requirement to stay in contact with someone. But Aaron has alway taken the high road and said that he thought the two of them are friends. Aaron went on record last year saying he had reached out to Favre after he left the Packers and called him a few times but favre never returned his calls. He'd return Daryl Bevell's calls in a millisecond if it was what he had to do to collude to join the Packers' arch rivals. But to not be decent enough to RETURN the calls (not singular, plural) of an ex-teammate and supposed friend? To me (and maybe my upbringing was strange or something), that is just plain rude and the sort of thing only a real ******* would do. By all accounts, AR has tried on so many occasions to befriend favre and brINT treats him like garbage. The way the story goes, when AR arrived (after the infamous quote by favre saying it wasn't his job to tutor AR) favre wouldn't give AR the time of day until one day I think in AR's second year, Aaron saved brINT's *** in an offensive meeting - helping him with an answer he wasn't prepared for. After AR actually proved he could be of value to king favre, favre supposedly started gracing him by actually speaking to him.

F favre - ****** bag supreme.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure there were times Rodgers went to Bretts for dinner, but I could be wrong

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the Favre comment from 2005, "it's not my job to mentor".

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Arod told the truth. **** happens and nobosy should expect a former teamte to be lovey dovey with his replacement. Brett knew the entire offense so what was he going to talk to Aaron about? How do ou throw the x go yz zebra post y hitch? WTF Brett got fired. He's pissed. So be it.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
:D

I don't know what it was about that, but it hit me at the exact right time and now I can't stop laughing. Well done. :good:

Funny....but absolutely too. I can see Favre sitting on his tractor in Kiln with a plug of Red Man in his mouth drooling all over himself.....

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
boo f-ing hoo. Give me a break, does this even matter? Obviously there is something there as to why they don't talk. I would think there is more to this than what we have seen or have been told.

Maybe Rodgers pulled the "Im leaving if Im not starting" card and thats why Brett won't talk to him. Idk of thats what went down for sure but it could have. Point is we don't know why the relationship is what it is at this stage. Instead of jumping to conclusions, maybe we should think about it a little bit.

Maybe he just doesn't like the guy. Does that make him bad? Of course on this site it does because non of you will try to look at it from any other point of view.

This place is becoming more more insane by the day.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
boo f-ing hoo. Give me a break, does this even matter? Obviously there is something there as to why they don't talk. I would think there is more to this than what we have seen or have been told.

Maybe Rodgers pulled the "Im leaving if Im not starting" card and thats why Brett won't talk to him. Idk of thats what went down for sure but it could have. Point is we don't know why the relationship is what it is at this stage. Instead of jumping to conclusions, maybe we should think about it a little bit.

Maybe he just doesn't like the guy. Does that make him bad? Of course on this site it does because non of you will try to look at it from any other point of view.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Sorry, that was really lame.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Show me one place that Rodgers said he was leaving if they took Favre back? It would make sense for him to go somewhere he could start, but I don't believe he said that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Show me one place that Rodgers said he was leaving if they took Favre back? It would make sense for him to go somewhere he could start, but I don't believe he said that.

There isnt but there talk that Rodgers was to get a new contract during offseason in 08..

but then Brett gate happened...Rodgers went to the team and figure that out 1st then get back to him..

Thats why that contract went so fast in the middle of the season, it was almost done to start with

source?

WSSP1250 AM Gary Ellerson on the air

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I personally think it is stupid to get upset over Brett not returning a call..Sounds like a baby..But NO ONE really knows what their relationship was like, and to say Rodgers doesnt have the right to be upset is wrong....

And why is the site becoming "that way"?

Cuz we refuse to give Brett excuses?

Or because we are PACKER fans and want to discuss PACKERS????

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow do you guys just skim posts? Read it again and you might see that I wasn't making a claim that it was a fact, just a possibility.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think it is stupid to get upset over Brett not returning a call..Sounds like a baby..But NO ONE really knows what their relationship was like, and to say Rodgers doesnt have the right to be upset is wrong....

And why is the site becoming "that way"?

Cuz we refuse to give Brett excuses?

Or because we are PACKER fans and want to discuss PACKERS????

Dont get me wrong LT, I love this site and the discussions that go on here. There are some very intellingent peeps here. But it just seems that whenever there is a opportunity to pile on Favre, it becomes viral and common sense seems to go out the window. But the discussions do provide entertainment and challenges that make coming here all the more fun.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I do like presenting the other side and arguing against (what I see ) mistruths and historical revision. Maybe its my political background and instinct to argue against certain points that I see as unfair and thats why I don't shut up and ignore some posts.

Members online

Latest posts