Brett Farve Boos! Did he deserve em this time?

Did Brett Farve Deserved to be Booed at the END of the game?

• Yes - He's a traitor!! Nuff Said, except BOOOOOO

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No - He's still a Packer Legend even if he is wearing purple.

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea hes an opposing qb so i guess it was rightfully so that we boo him, but i must admit i felt really bad for the guy when he was boo'd after the game.. idk why but i did.. i felt like we shouldve cheered for him at that point

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Did we boo Chad Henne after the game last week?

I'd have been fine with ignoring Favre completely and cheering out team because they played their ***** off last night and won a HUGE game for this team. They deserved the fans attention, not Favre.

KevG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with the boos either before or after. He brought this on himself by dragging the fans into this with some of his comments over the last 2 years.

From a pure football/business standpoint, stripping away all of the drama, it made sense to go to the Vikings in the offseason in 09'. They had a good team. If he would have just left it at that "Hey, I want to play and the teams that needed a QB, this made the most sense" and leave it at that. But, he seemingly went out of his way to do little jabs at the fan base. When he gets his number retired and his name on the ring years from now, I'll politely clap, but the bloom is off the rose and his relationship with the fans has forever been changed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yea hes an opposing qb so i guess it was rightfully so that we boo him, but i must admit i felt really bad for the guy when he was boo'd after the game.. idk why but i did.. i felt like we shouldve cheered for him at that point

I felt bad too, but he is the opps q/b

And there is a TON of Packer fans that HATE him for what he did...Those are their thoughts..

Face it with the texting thing and what he did in his 5 year I retired/Dont retire

People ARE done with him...That is their way to express to HIM how they feel

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When BF said he wanted to 'stick it' to TT, he may as well have said he wanted to stick it to all Packers and their fans. That alone has evaporated all the appreciation I had for him as a Packer fan. Then the other stories of him contacting other teams to help them beat the Packers just shows his true character. If it was up to me, I would assign #4 to the next QB we sign, and he wouldn't make it into the Packer hall of fame. Maybe the ****** cakes in the mens room could be formed in his image, but thats about it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that women don't need to ******.
There are no benefits to it.
So why not boo a ****** bag?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The classless thing would be to mock him, applauding him and congratulating him for giving us 3 picks. That IMHO would be to much.

But, as I said, it's never wrong to boo the rival.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers retire his number (I don't feel he deserves it. Certainly not in the ring of honor.) I wonder how the fans will react at the ceremony?
Will they forgive and forget?
I know right now we won't.
But ever?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers retire his number (I don't feel he deserves it. Certainly not in the ring of honor.) I wonder how the fans will react at the ceremony?
But ever?

If they ever do I will be there to boo as loud as I can. I will go to the banquet dinner if they put him in the packers hof and boo him. Let the vikings have him.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
But ever?

I think eventually, many years down the road, we'll chalk it up to some muggy years and welcome him back. But it still won't be the same... the wounds will take many a great deal of time to heal before we can look back with Rosy-colored glasses

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think eventually, many years down the road, we'll chalk it up to some muggy years and welcome him back. But it still won't be the same... the wounds will take many a great deal of time to heal before we can look back with Rosy-colored glasses
I agree.

I do think he can be welcomed back eventually, but it'll never be as it was before. Never.

My god, what he could've been if he had retired a Packer...

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Farve has the ability to "Speak Out" anytime he wants. All he has to do is call ESPN and they'll rush to setup an interview. He got to lay out his side of the story and to throw a lot of jabs back at Packer fans and the team.

We as fans do not enjoy such luxury and so the only way that we can express to Farve, the media, and nation how he's hurt the GB fans is through booing. There really isn't any other way to get it across to him and make sure he receives the communication and processes it. So booing is just a one way conversation from the fan base to Farve and he HAS to hear us. Kind of an interesting public speaking dynamic. Instead of one to many, it's many to one. And the one can't leave, can't ignore us, can't rationalize it away in his sheltered protected bubble. He has to listen to our displeasure of him. So we as fans jumped on that chance and we boo'ed.

He wrecked the relationship and legacy here in GB and he'll never feel the warmth that Bart Starr does to this day. Farve threw it away for a chance at more personal glory for himself. He was very foolish.

Well, I'm cutting this short, I'm rambling.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wrecked the relationship and legacy here in GB and he'll never feel the warmth that Bart Starr does to this day. Farve threw it away for a chance at more personal glory for himself.

Yo, I just want to say GREAT POST...I totally agree that this guy is so selfish that it's all about him, and prime example of that is what's going on right now with him potentially starting against NEW ENGLAND, It's about Favre and then the VIKINGS...pathetic

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yo, I just want to say GREAT POST...I totally agree that this guy is so selfish that it's all about him, and prime example of that is what's going on right now with him potentially starting against NEW ENGLAND, It's about Favre and then the VIKINGS...pathetic

Thanks man. Yep, he has become the same as a lot of superstars who only are thinking about themselves instead of the team.

Seriously, why would ANYBODY want that kind of player on the team? The Viking players aren't idiots. They gotta be wondering why the hell Farve thinks he can play on a broken food in a big game against the Pats and realistically think he can play well and help the team. The vikings players realize Farve is playing for his record of starts and doesn't give a crap about the team. If he did he's sit. Might explain the swift decline in performance versus last year. The Viking players deep down lost their belief and trust in Farve. At least that is what I am speculating why they are playing poorly as a TEAM.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat Kirwin from SIRIUS NFL RADIO & NFL.COM picked the VIKINGS to beat the PATRIOTS WITH BRETT FAVRE!...I don't get that!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farve doesn't seem like he's into it anymore.
He seems tired and burned out.
He could have saved himself all of his problems if he had quit either last season or the first time from the Pack.
Oh well.
They are his problems.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, say 15 years form now, alumni weekend, Brett gets announced

% of boos to cheers?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat Kirwin from SIRIUS NFL RADIO & NFL.COM picked the VIKINGS to beat the PATRIOTS WITH BRETT FAVRE!...I don't get that!

He's probably going for the upset of the week and hoping he stumbles on something so if it happens he can brag that he was the one who predicted it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts