Brett extending an olive branch?

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to forgive Favre as soon as he is actually retired, for good. Problem is, I don't think I can actually believe that he is until he's making a speech at Canton.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
From a pure statistical standpoint, Favre is perhaps the greatest quarterback to play the game... then again, fans and others, end up bringing in all of his personal garbage into the equation. I am glad he had the season he had the first season with the Vikings for the Vikings sake, but even then I always pictured him in Green and Gold. He'll go into Canton as a Packer. The Jets and Vikings were just blips on his career. I've never cared about Brett Favre but I have always respected his playing ability.

I know he is a bitter person in regards to how he left the Packers, but he is partially responsible for that situation whether he wants to admit it or not. All his waffling got old... and I am sure he'll 'consider' making another comeback. Curse him if he does. I just hope the Vikings are done with his rotting carcass. It didn't sit well with me that he wore HIS #4 hat on the sidelines and in the press conferences. Many people have posted on the various Viking fan sites that he pretty much only thinks of himself and not the team. He was told to cover his #4 hat on the sidelines with the purple knit hat. I'm sure he couldn't wait to take it off.

Oh well.... enough about Favre. He is no longer a Viking or a Packer... maybe the Bears want him?

:chisux: <-------------- The one thing Viking and Packer fans agree on

~Val

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a pure statistical standpoint, Favre is perhaps the greatest quarterback to play the game... then again, fans and others, end up bringing in all of his personal garbage into the equation. I am glad he had the season he had the first season with the Vikings for the Vikings sake, but even then I always pictured him in Green and Gold. He'll go into Canton as a Packer. The Jets and Vikings were just blips on his career. I've never cared about Brett Favre but I have always respected his playing ability.

I know he is a bitter person in regards to how he left the Packers, but he is partially responsible for that situation whether he wants to admit it or not. All his waffling got old... and I am sure he'll 'consider' making another comeback. Curse him if he does. I just hope the Vikings are done with his rotting carcass. It didn't sit well with me that he wore HIS #4 hat on the sidelines and in the press conferences. Many people have posted on the various Viking fan sites that he pretty much only thinks of himself and not the team. He was told to cover his #4 hat on the sidelines with the purple knit hat. I'm sure he couldn't wait to take it off.

Oh well.... enough about Favre. He is no longer a Viking or a Packer... maybe the Bears want him?

~Val
NO GIVE BACKS!!!!! You guys got him, he is now yours forever, unless some poor schmuck team signs him and removes the blemish that is Brett Favre.

And I would argue your interpretation of his statistics. The only thing absolute is his ability to play each week. His longevity blew the previous record away.

As far as his play, if you are looking at yards and TDs, you also have to include INTs. And taking a more wider view, you have too look at important-big-game-losing-stupid-'f'ing-up-INTS. An uncommon statistic that is only tracked on a ESPN web page that I just made up in my head. But Brint leads this dubious statistic by a wide margin.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, Lombardi didn't go around spilling his guts to rivals after he left on how to beat the Packers. He didn't tell Rival bear players to "Go beat the Packers" or talk about revenge.

Lombardi had a shot at team ownership with the Redskins, and he realized if it tried to take back the coaching job in GB he'd look like a ********* (or whatever they called it back then).

Lastly, his wife wanted to be back on the east coast which I think was the main reason Lombardi left. Her alcoholism was becoming a concern.

Lombardi cried when he left the Packers. You think Farve did?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm I don't get this reference... help!

It's an Illiad (Homer) reference. The Greeks left a Trojan Horse as a gift to the Trojens. The made it appear they had given up their assault on the walls of Troy. The Trojans took the horse inside their city walls. But the gift was one of treachery, for it was hollow and contained the best of the Greek soldiers within. It's how the Greeks sacked the impenetrable city of Troy.

The saying, "beware of Greeks bearing gifts is borne from this tale.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll go into Canton as a Packer.

~Val

Players don't go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a team, unlike baseball.

His greatness lies in his longevity and the individual records that resulted. Most will be broken if Manning stays healthy. The only records that will stand forever are his interceptions and fumbles records, which are the primary reasons the Packers were Champions only once with him at QB.

He's become an embarrassment, so it wouldn't bother me if he didn't mention his association with Green Bay in his acceptance speech. The Packers' history is much greater than his.

I'm hoping he gives a speech about how much he loved his teammates in Minnesota, the "greatest team" he ever played on, according to him. What an ***h*le.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

~Val

The personal life of a Packer Player (especial if it becomes public) is somewhat unique in Green Bay for a number of reasons Here my thoughts as to the reason why. It is a small town where the fans have a very close association with the players, it it a very, very Catholic, christian population with strong family values. The fans own the team, and when a player acts with poor judgment, they feel it reflects on them personally and they want that player out of town (Mark Chmura). Maybe time will heal wounds for some, here is a good example: Backers drafted a wide receiver in the late 1970's. His performance on the field was fantastic. Was all-pro in 6 of his 9 years with the Packers, yet at a young age 30 he was traded to Oakland. He was not washed-up and played another 6 years winning another all-pro selection in Buffalo. Why would the Packers dump him? Because his personal life became public.

1) in 1984 he was charged with ****** assault on a dancer in a club in Milwaukee, he claimed it was consensual sex. Not charged due to lack of evidence.

2) in 1986 he was charged again with ****** assault in a stairwell in a Green Bay night club. Charges dropped due to lack of evidence.

So here is this future Hall Of Fame Player and he was run out of town. Why? He was not convicted of anything, never spent time in jail. It was because of the reasons I gave earlier....small town, very Christian population, old-fashioned virtues, AND the fans own the team. Al Davis wouldn't have gotten rid of him.

Players name: James Lofton, inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame in 1999, 13 after he left Green Bay. He left with no hard feelings towards Green Bay or the Packers. In May 2010, in an interview with Pro Football Weekly he said " it would be fun to be playing in Green Bay. I love Aaron Rodgers and what he does for the Packers."

Favre is a different case all together, you can read all about him on this forum. At least if he gets into the Packer Hall of Dame, its 13 years after he left like Lofton because I'll be dead by then and won't have to see it. LOL...I can just see Farve saying "I love Aaron Rodgers...."

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
JBlood - I realize that. lol Maybe I should have been a little more clear. My guess is the Packers will sign Favre to a one-day contract and allow him to retire as a Packer. I'd laugh if it didn't happen. If it doesn't, maybe he'll have Brad Childress introduce him at Canton!

Players don't go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a team, unlike baseball.

GreenGoldAngel - Noted and understood. The little town we live in here, in far north Minnesota, is much the same. The town I grew up in on the Oregon Coast is the same as well. Seems like everyone and their dog know how many squares of toilet paper you use. In other words, news travels fast. Packer fans are the most loyal to their team of any franchise in the NFL, and the most passionate. (If there is a Raiders fan here, please don't tell me that just because you paint yourself Silver and Black and wear a studded collar that makes you more passionate than fans that have a team with real history) Viking fans are quite passionate but it is waning a bit with some of the newer fans. The talk of not getting a stadium, a Los Angeles group interested in bringing an NFL franchise to Southern California gets on the nerves of some. Hopefully this is resolved in the next few months.

Favre's transgressions have yet to come to full fruition. Then again, these were committed after he left Green Bay. The only thing I can think of that Favre was having problems with while he was at Green Bay was the problem with pain killers. I won't compare that to ****** harassment. Drug addiction is something that can sneak up on you. ****** harassment is a conscious choice.

The personal life of a Packer Player (especial if it becomes public) is somewhat unique in Green Bay for a number of reasons Here my thoughts as to the reason why. It is a small town where the fans have a very close association with the players, it it a very, very Catholic, christian population with strong family values. The fans own the team, and when a player acts with poor judgment, they feel it reflects on them personally and they want that player out of town (Mark Chmura). Maybe time will heal wounds for some, here is a good example: Backers drafted a wide receiver in the late 1970's. His performance on the field was fantastic. Was all-pro in 6 of his 9 years with the Packers, yet at a young age 30 he was traded to Oakland. He was not washed-up and played another 6 years winning another all-pro selection in Buffalo. Why would the Packers dump him? Because his personal life became public.

1) in 1984 he was charged with ****** assault on a dancer in a club in Milwaukee, he claimed it was consensual sex. Not charged due to lack of evidence.

2) in 1986 he was charged again with ****** assault in a stairwell in a Green Bay night club. Charges dropped due to lack of evidence.

So here is this future Hall Of Fame Player and he was run out of town. Why? He was not convicted of anything, never spent time in jail. It was because of the reasons I gave earlier....small town, very Christian population, old-fashioned virtues, AND the fans own the team. Al Davis wouldn't have gotten rid of him.

Players name: James Lofton, inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame in 1999, 13 after he left Green Bay. He left with no hard feelings towards Green Bay or the Packers. In May 2010, in an interview with Pro Football Weekly he said " it would be fun to be playing in Green Bay. I love Aaron Rodgers and what he does for the Packers."

Favre is a different case all together, you can read all about him on this forum. At least if he gets into the Packer Hall of Dame, its 13 years after he left like Lofton because I'll be dead by then and won't have to see it. LOL...I can just see Farve saying "I love Aaron Rodgers...."

James Lofton was a good receiver but had some personal problems. Glad he got it ironed out. Favre on the otherhand... he is a drama-****.

~Val

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ran into lofton in Ohio a couple years ago and asked him what team he went into the hof as. He said Packers. I guess even players mess this up.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

GreenGoldAngel, you have listed a lot of the reasons I fell in love with this team, town and fans when Reggie came here. It is so different from Philly, it's a different world. What you have listed is kind of what my inner soul truly desires. My home will always be in Philly, but my soul has loved Green Bay for a very long time. I've never been there and if it is the will of God, I may never set paw prints on the sacred grounds of Lambeau Field, but each day I thank God for Reggie and this team.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont recall Lombardi obsessing over getting back at the Packers. Or taking nude pictures of himself and sending them to someone other than Marie.

How do you know he sent nude pics of himself to Marie?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
technically...back then it would be hand delivered polaroids...
ok...ewwwww

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just like every other old person, he is headed to Arizona ;)

OUCH! Hey, "I resemble that remark" (Groucho Marx)...I only spend my winters here. Can someone make me an " ivo610 sux" smilie? If he moves here, I'll track him down thru the county recorders office and you all can send him a birthday card every
Oct. 10th.:no2:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I can sit here and thank over and over again so many people, but I'd be remiss if I didn't thank the Green Bay Packers, the fans. It's kind of tough to say that and thank Vikings fans at the same time. It was special, and so . . . wonderful experience, wouldn't change it for anything, and it was special. I don't know what else to say."

Favre says he has reached the finish line once again - JSOnline
Seems to me that he's trying to show a little class.
Too late for that since there is nothing ever classy about:
1) Wanting to get back at the Pack with revenge in mind by going to the Yikes!
2) Sending uninvited pics of his **** to a girl.
3) Wearing crocs while nude.

I am sooooooo happy that NewAwlins was the beginning of the end of this loser.

And I'm also really glad that it was the Bears who finished his career once and for all.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Seems to me that he's trying to show a little class.
Too late for that since there is nothing ever classy about:
1) Wanting to get back at the Pack with revenge in mind by going to the Yikes!
2) Sending uninvited pics of his **** to a girl.
3) Wearing crocs while nude.

I am sooooooo happy that NewAwlins was the beginning of the end of this loser.

And I'm also really glad that it was the Bears who finished his career once and for all.
Pretending to care so that the team that you are identified with will acknowledge you when you tried to screw them over...that's not classy at all.

Members online

Latest posts