Brett conference call with WI media

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre speaks: "Never was motivated for (revenge)" - JSOnline

Seems like the questions asked are not provided..

Hmmmmmmmmm...

So he is saying Peter King and Rodgers were lying?

# Are you motivated to stick to Ted Thompson: "Never was motivated for that reason. So, no. It had nothing to do with it."

# "I didn't say it was about revenge. It wasn't about revenge to begin with. The fact that I had a torn biceps had an affect on how we finished up. I really wasn't willing to have the surgery...I felt like I could play. I think I proved that last year. Being released by New York, I still had to have the surgery to play at a high enough level. I eventually decided to have it."

# "What I said with Peter (King) was that it was human nature -- I didn't use the word revenge -- to prove to someone that I could play. That's not motivation enough, never would be for me. It's too long a season."

# "I want to win it all. I don't think I have to prove anything to anyone."

# "There were numerous, numerous throws last year...Not only was their pain, but there was (inaccuracy). It seemed like it was more and more frequent."

# "I can't answer that. I'm sure there are some people that are disappointed or upset. Sixteen years there I know how personal the Packers are to the fans. I'm very aware of that and that's the beauty of the organization, and will always be....I know people take a lot of ownership in that and that's great...

But my intentions are not to doing anything else but to play and hopefully lead this team to a championship...I'm proud of the career I had there. If there are people disappointed and picking sides, I understand that. It is what it is. I can't control that."

# Better at handling emotions: "I would like to think so."

# On whether he wanted to play in Green Bay in '08: "Yes, it was. Why wouldn't it be? I had just had, in my opinion, the best year in my career."

# Why Minnesota? Why not stay with the Jets? "Um...Well, I wasn't willing to have surgery at that time. That's first and foremost."

# On his release from the Jets: "None of that matters now anyways. The only thing that matters in the game on Monday night. I'm having a good time."

# On why not talk to Aaron Rodgers: "For what? I think Aaron has not only done well, but I think he'll have a great career. I said that from Day One. That's why they drafted him. No one's called me. I've talked to Drive...I don't know what to tell you."

# On whether the damage can be repaired: "I'm sure it can but no one's concerned about that now. We'll deal with that later."

# "He's got all the tools. Very knowledgeable in the offense. There was no reason why the offense couldn't be productive...I think he's done a very good job and I'm not surprised by it all."

# Do you have trouble making decisions: "No, I don't think it's a problem here. It's all based on winning and what have you done for me lately. The only thing I can do is do what's expected of me here. All the stuff that's happened in the past is over and done with."

# Any doubts lasting the season: "You know what, I thought about it my first, second and third year. The chances of any player lasting a season is tough. But you know what? Like I played the other day, I'm going to hit, block. Am I sure I'm going to get up everytime? No, but nobody is."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not angry at him anymore, I just feel sorry he has to do this... He needs to attend a pshychiatrist, really. His need for attention, and to mantain his "laid back, kid in heart" image above everything are sad...

Peter King was his greatest ally in the media, to the point that I couldn't even stand him. And even he turned his back after this year. Well, ESPN continues to buy into this, so...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not angry at him anymore, I just feel sorry he has to do this... He needs to attend a pshychiatrist, really. His need for attention, and to mantain his "laid back, kid in heart" image above everything are sad...

Peter King was his greatest ally in the media, to the point that I couldn't even stand him. And even he turned his back after this year. Well, ESPN continues to buy into this, so...
ESPN continues to run it because it is great television and only adds more hype for the MNF game which will ridiculous ratings. I am going to go out on a limb and say it will be the highest rated MNF game ever.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN continues to run it because it is great television and only adds more hype for the MNF game which will ridiculous ratings. I am going to go out on a limb and say it will be the highest rated MNF game ever.
85 Dolphins-Bears had a 29.6 rating. The biggest on ESPN is 2008 Eagles-Cowboys with 13.3.

It may very well beat the 2008 game, but that Dolphins-Bears is really though to beat.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
85 Dolphins-Bears had a 29.6 rating. The biggest on ESPN is 2008 Eagles-Cowboys with 13.3.

It may very well beat the 2008 game, but that Dolphins-Bears is really though to beat.

The 85 Bears/Phins was on ABC, lots more potential viewers.

There's no doubt though that Monday Night will be the most watched program in cable history. MNF breaks that record on occasion anyways, now add Favre/Packers and it's a certainty.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts