Brett and the Pack

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first of all, you guys can(and do) spin anything TT or MM say and turn it into brett hating.

second of all, how is their communication? well MM says he talks to Brett about every other day, and TT says he keeps in touch with Favre too.

But im sure you know more about it than they do.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:

I think they are still a few players away from getting Favre excited about this team.

You mean like a couple of stud OLmen??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well theres 0 stud olinemen in free agency

there was 1, and he got a record setting offersheet.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack Can still hopefully pick up some good lineman in the draft not saying there gonna be studs but maybe like Max-Jean Gilles a 6-4 340 pound guard from Georgia in like the second round if he is still available he would help us

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
first of all, you guys can(and do) spin anything TT or MM say and turn it into brett hating.

second of all, how is their communication? well MM says he talks to Brett about every other day, and TT says he keeps in touch with Favre too.

But im sure you know more about it than they do.

I am talking about TT's communication skills with the public trom. Do you really think so many of us are saying the same thing without any reason at all ?

I still remember how he responded on his very first question about if Brett was comming back, TT said after being asked if Brett was comming back " as a player ? I assume so " . Now those might not be the exact words but I remember thinking at the time ( as did others ) this guy does not at all seem enthused about Brett or he would have been a little more motivated here ( enthusiasm regarding Brett's return ).

I have been a team manager trom and I can tell you first hand that good leadership requires much more than I am seeing so far with TT, never mind his lack of public communication skills.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well theres 0 stud olinemen in free agency

there was 1, and he got a record setting offersheet.

Agreed. I guess I meant the quickest way to get Brett to want to come back is to show him the the line is going to protect him. GB didn't do that and now with a deadline there is no way for them to do that before he has to announce his decision.
They can tell him that they will draft OL but they will have to wait and see who is available and it is possible that who ever they draft is going to take a yr or so to develope into a solid lineman.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPBPrez said,

Truthfully, it's mute point - he doesn't have to say anything; and MM doesn't have to give him a free pass on the mini-camps, either - like Sherman would always do. I've always felt Favre should have more of a Majik Man attitude for the off-season than he has.... his INT stats demand he should be out there on the field watching his fundamentals and his decision skills constantly, which sagged under Sherman, year after year. of late....

Spending time, in the offseason with the rest of the Team wouldn't hurt him at all - and the Team wouldn't be so off-key, either...

I'd say that this year, if he does come back - then TT & MM (both) should demand his FULL participation throughout the whole offseason - no question about it.

Wow..this is just plain WRONG...

Is this how you treat your HOF QB...like a rookie? I don't think so...Try building a team around him and stop trying to lay all the blame at his feet.

Also..It doesn't look real good for TT around the NFL when your rising young star receiver wants the hell out of dodge at any cost....

This has more impact on current and future FA signings in GB then whether or not Favre is going to retire this year....

It's no wonder Favre is having such a hard time deciding to come back...

The Green Bay Packers are a MESS right now...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
IPBPrez said,

Truthfully, it's mute point - he doesn't have to say anything; and MM doesn't have to give him a free pass on the mini-camps, either - like Sherman would always do. I've always felt Favre should have more of a Majik Man attitude for the off-season than he has.... his INT stats demand he should be out there on the field watching his fundamentals and his decision skills constantly, which sagged under Sherman, year after year. of late....

Spending time, in the offseason with the rest of the Team wouldn't hurt him at all - and the Team wouldn't be so off-key, either...

I'd say that this year, if he does come back - then TT & MM (both) should demand his FULL participation throughout the whole offseason - no question about it.

Wow..this is just plain WRONG...

Is this how you treat your HOF QB...like a rookie? I don't think so...Try building a team around him and stop trying to lay all the blame at his feet.

Also..It doesn't look real good for TT around the NFL when your rising young star receiver wants the hell out of dodge at any cost....

This has more impact on current and future FA signings in GB then whether or not Favre is going to retire this year....

The Green Bay Packers are a MESS right now...

Great post Dorsey!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yes, Favre deserves special treatment. Thats a great message to send.

Don't be a player hater! Yea Favre does deserve special treatment. When you play 14 seasons never missing a game, take this team from the toilet bowl to the Super Bowl, overcome all the adversity he has, basically take on the pressure of being the Face of the Green Bay Packers for 15 years, then you deserve special treatment.

If you don't think he does then it is strictly because of ignorance.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i must be ignorant, i have a different opinion than you. just like people who disagree with bruce are trolls.

funny how that works.

IF Favre came back, he would need to go to camps, to work on his game, and work with the new OC, and the rookie HC, who if anything, would need Favres assistance.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then cut him. What's the problem. Favre actually has a contract. He is on the team until he retires. If TT doesn't like the way things are and IF Favre doesn't deserve special treatment....cut him....end of story.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see how that works Trom? Either give him special treatment or cut him. There is no middle ground on the issue. There is no telling a player- any player- that the coaching staff wants everyone in for all the camps since they have a new system in place.
There is no telling the leader of the team to set the example for the rest to follow. that's how to build a cohesive unit.
That means that the team leader is expected to sound off in the press and tell everyone else to honor their contract and get their butts into camp but he can sit at home and wait until later to join them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know he won't cut Favre, just like Favre won't play for another team. Don't say silly things.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Is this how you treat your HOF QB...like a rookie? I don't think so...Try building a team around him and stop trying to lay all the blame at his feet.

The Green Bay Packers are a MESS right now..."

Well said D.Levens, you explained the situation in a nutshell !!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
"Is this how you treat your HOF QB...like a rookie? I don't think so...Try building a team around him and stop trying to lay all the blame at his feet

You treat you HOF QB like any other player on your roster. Favre is more respected than maybe any other Packer player ever but he's not above the team or front office.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is, Brett is not just another employee and just as in business, you make sure your top employees want to come back with incentives that are both verbal and tangible in nature.

Verbal = some public acknowledgement on how much he means to GB.

Tangible = in this case some signings where Brett would have at least known his butt was half protected ( ie guards )

Hmmmm..............But Teddy has done what again to entice Brett back ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Problem is, Brett is not just another employee and just as in business, you make sure your top employees want to come back with incentives that are both verbal and tangible in nature.

Verbal = some public acknowledgement on how much he means to GB.

Tangible = in this case some signings where Brett would have at least known his butt was half protected ( ie guards )

Hmmmm..............But Teddy has done what again to entice Brett back ?
If your implying the TT wants to move on, I don't think your far off. My point is simple. Favre should not be above the team. Now he should be the most respected player in the locker room but not above the team. He should have to work as hard as any other player and I think he should have been giving a deadline to make a decision. You don't give your top employee special treatment because he does something better than the other workers. You make sure he keeps working which will earn that workers respect.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..Porky..

You give him a raise and make sure he is happy before he leaves your *** and goes to work for the "competition" with all of the company "secrets"......

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
No..Porky..

You give him a raise and make sure he is happy before he leaves your *** and goes to work for the "competition"....

Brett has made plenty of money. I think he made 10 mil last season... The amount of money your co workers make is none of your buisness thus nobody has to know about it. In Football that's a different thing. Your co workers no what your making. The Public knows your contract..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
D.Levens said:
No..Porky..

You give him a raise and make sure he is happy before he leaves your *** and goes to work for the "competition"....

Brett has made plenty of money. I think he made 10 mil last season... The amount of money your co workers make is none of your buisness thus nobody has to know about it. In Football that's a different thing. Your co workers no what your making. The Public knows your contract..

I think we all know that $$$ is not the issue with Brett. This was the first year he stated " I am not sure if the Pack wants me back". As we can both agree Brett is not into playing games as he has too much class, we can also assume that this statement was made for a reason.

And I will assume he is still waiting to see if he is really wanted back but my gut tells me TT has made it pretty clear by what he has not done.

Staff online

Members online