Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is something I have kept for ages...Believe Brett when he speak?

Sometimes he misremembers what he said just a week prior..Or maybe his was really lying?

I dont know the answer but these quotes show 100% he says opposite things

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I mean, I've always been a Packer. I always will be a Packer. Do I play somewhere else? That remains to be seen.
But I don't want to go back there just to stick it to them
Brett Favre on retirement, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, more - Peter King - SI.com
~~~~~
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/39660382.html
I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,''.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/31948684.html

Favre acknowledged that the money being offered by Packers president Mark Murphy was not in exchange for him not to report to training camp.He said that has been incorrectly portrayed in some media reports.

He also told Al Jones in an interview it was not a bribe..But you have to by for that article now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3520064

"Then," Favre said, "they tried to buy me off to stay retired."

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of proof are you talking about? Apparently, your whole spiel about apologies is contrived drivel because what would it matter if you wouldn't believe him anyway?

See my latest post on why some dont believe him when he is quoted..

See why flatlander said what he did,...Brett has a history of telling different stories :)

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Not why I said it..

It is HOW it is being debated

There's no greater topic in Packer Nation (other than the usual religion/politics) that can get Packer fans arguing amongst themselves quite like the Favre. I think things have been okay so far. Sure the conversations might get lively but at this point it appears most of us have said our peace and are now just having fun with the local zealot... :)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to be clear, and concise, is anyone else here flatout just tired of hearing, reading about Farve?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no greater topic in Packer Nation (other than the usual religion/politics) that can get Packer fans arguing amongst themselves quite like the Favre. I think things have been okay so far. Sure the conversations might get lively but at this point it appears most of us have said our peace and are now just having fun with the local zealot... :)

To a degree ... I wish I didn't feel the way I do. I mean that. Favre is to us, what Payton was to the Bears, Montana was to the 49ers, LT was to the Giants, etc. But, seriously ... when he threw 6 picks vs. the Rams, I had a feeling it was the beginning of the end. Sure enough, game and season-ending interceptions ... I'd argue that he's known as much for that, as he is for all the good stuff. Not that he tried to throw picks on purpose, but ... it happened. Then toss in all the following incidents, etc.

As for all the Favre stuff on these message boards ... the reason it never seems to die out, is because we all took a very firm and passionate side on the whole damn thing and, well ... it just is what it is.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there is that much difference. Demanding his starting job back would mean he was saying, "I'm going to be a Packer and I'm going to start." But he knew that wasn't going to happen, which is why he was asking to be released or traded.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/bio/

Favre disputed the notion that he doesn't want to play for Green Bay

He made clear that he would not return to the Packers as a backup .

Essentially, I only want to start or I want a trade

To me that is demanding

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this funny

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/bio/

Favre also accused the Packers of being dishonest, wishing the team would have been straightforward with him and the public.

Few quotes and few things Brett was not honest

If the Packer retirement is not really "lying" then for sure the Jets retirement is..As he stated to family and friends, this time it is for real

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why open it up?

You have that right, but it appears more than a handful still want to discuss him
Well I've mostly not opened it up... but so often I come back to this site, and damn, this is still at the top.
So yes, a handful or more still want to discuss it.
I don't have time or energy to waste on this guy.... that's why I just read a few in here... what I personally would like to know (without having to spend time page after page) is to know if I am alone: simply sick and tired of the guy at this point in time. I have been sick of him since the 2008 drama.....

Guy has 3 years til he's eligible for Canton, and it would be ideal for us to ice him for 2 years, IMO.
Anyone with me?

The PACKERS are not his team anymore... yet he still seems to love to (and get away with it) hijack this team.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I've mostly not opened it up... but so often I come back to this site, and damn, this is still at the top.
So yes, a handful or more still want to discuss it.
I don't have time or energy to waste on this guy.... that's why I just read a few in here... what I personally would like to know (without having to spend time page after page) is to know if I am alone: simply sick and tired of the guy at this point in time. I have been sick of him since the 2008 drama.....

Guy has 3 years til he's eligible for Canton, and it would be ideal for us to ice him for 2 years, IMO.
Anyone with me?

The PACKERS are not his team anymore... yet he still seems to love to (and get away with it) hijack this team.

The time you spent typing that out..You could have seen how many are tired of this talk

But it goes on just like always...It gets heated..

But in general I think people will forgive once he walks onto the field again

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW another mis truth?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3900850

"I have family and friends who are like, 'All right, Brett. Is this the real deal?" Favre said during a conference call. "To me, it is. It is. Believe me. It's been a wonderful career, I couldn't ask for anything more. It was worth a shot for me to go to New York. I wish I could've played better down the stretch. I didn't.
"It's time to leave."
That was 2-13-2009 retirement from the J-E-T-S

Believe me he said....And people wonder why sometimes it is hard to trust his statements?

M

mayo44

More than what he's said/done so far. Let him appear at a charity event on neutral ground with Ted or Mike.

Okay, so what if he shows up at Mike McCarthy's charity golf event next spring?

Maybe he can 1-2 more appearances/announcements where he issues a sincere apology to the fans.

You already accused him of lying when he said the other day the he was over it all. In light of that comment, what good is an apology?

M

mayo44

Essentially, I only want to start or I want a trade

To me that is demanding

Of course it was a demand, however, it was NOT a demand to be the starter in Green Bay because he said OR I want a trade. If you knew that you could immediately be named the starter on half of the teams in the NFL, would you not take the same position, or would you be content to be a backup? I'm betting on the former.

There are some who think he came back and specifically demanded to have his starting job back IN GREEN BAY and that's simply not true. The first thing he did was to ask to be released or traded.

Is it not reasonable to conclude that had Ted gotten serious about trading him ASAP then the bulk of the messiness could have been avoided? That would be the one thing I would hope he would do differently if he could do it over.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course it was a demand, however, it was NOT a demand to be the starter in Green Bay because he said OR I want a trade. If you knew that you could immediately be named the starter on half of the teams in the NFL, would you not take the same position, or would you be content to be a backup? I'm betting on the former.

There are some who think he came back and specifically demanded to have his starting job back IN GREEN BAY and that's simply not true. The first thing he did was to ask to be released or traded.

Is it not reasonable to conclude that had Ted gotten serious about trading him ASAP then the bulk of the messiness could have been avoided? That would be the one thing I would hope he would do differently if he could do it over.

Can you show a link stating I want a trade?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just to be clear, and concise, is anyone else here flatout just tired of hearing, reading about Farve?
What I`m tired of, is somebody clearly not listening or respecting other peoples right to feel the way they do. It`s like having a Jehovah Witness knock on your door and try to convert you. It`s irritating. I respect their beliefs, I JUST don`t share them. If the Packers retire Favres number that's fine, will I ever buy into it ?, No. Will I ever buy Favre merchandise ?, NO. As I don`t see myself attending the game they do it at, I don`t give a rats ***, because I wont be there to loudly boo the SOB, so in the big picture of things its not going to change my life one iota.
I`m just "fed up" as we say here, with some members of the forum, BANGING ON trying to change my mind.
The same people who criticise others for quoting things they REALLY don't know were said, and do the same feckin thing.
And pick me up on my spelling because WE BRITS spell it that way, and its the proper way !!! :tup:

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Okay, so what if he shows up at Mike McCarthy's charity golf event next spring?
That's a start

You already accused him of lying when he said the other day the he was over it all. In light of that comment, what good is an apology?

You take that "fanboi" thing to a whole new level, especially with selective interpretations like this.

I didn't say Favre lied when he made his latest statement. I said he's a known liar and this statement, by itself, isn't enough for many fans to trust him. I then spelled out an example or two on what he could do to further prove his sincerity.

I

Packer fans are God's chosen too!

Dang brother, that means you're like, the CHOSEN ONE and sh...

uh...

stuff!

We're not worthy!
I accept your adoration (sniff)(sniff) and will NEVER try to support another team, wait a minute.....I might, Nah, I think I`ll stick with the Packers.

Can`t think where I`ve heard this before ? :rolleyes:

I

Around the country, Packer fans are generally thought of as reasonable, friendly folks. So I hate all the nasty sentiment that gets exposed by this topic.

Favre seems to be moving in the right direction by acknowledging his mistakes. Not sure what people expect. He's not going to drop to his knees, accept full responsibility for the falling out, and beg Packer fans for their forgiveness. And I think anyone holding out for such an act of contrition should re-examine his or her priorities.

Green Bay won a Super Bowl. Favre tarnished his legacy. Move on.

A while back, Rodgers said it's time to let the healing process begin. IMO, that's a nice way of saying, "Get a ******* life" to anyone hellbent on nursing this grudge.
Beware you don`t fall off that moral High horse. And stop preaching. There are some on here that don`t care, myself particularly. I don't even want to know about Favre. I don`t spend all of my days sticking pins in an effigy of the man, but neither YOU or ANYBODY else is going to change my opinion, so I`d appreciate it if you and your like would stop trying. There`s a good chap !

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If certain people want to keep beating the proverbial dead horse and call me petty that's up to them, I'm done reacting to it. One thing you can count on, now that I've brought out the Monty Python I've said about all that needs to be said on the topic.

20+ posts later on the same topic and it's pretty clear what a crock this was. Like a Favre retirement.

Favre's history of saying one thing then doing another leads many to conclude he is a liar.
You use as evidence a quote made by Favre.
Many fans are logically suspicious of taking the man's words at face value, based on his history, and desire more proof before they believe him.

It's nice that you take everything he says at face value but not everyone else does. We're able to acknowledge Favre could be lying about this topic, you don't seem to be able to because you're argument so far seems to be: "Favre said it so you have no evidence..."

Tell me about it.

Most folks- myself included- are annoyed by mayo's quibbling nature and yet many keep egging him on...

Jesus, Badger, I don`t recall my comment as anything personal towards anybody over their views, I merely explained and expressed mine on this subject. I have not QUIBBLED with anybody, but at the same time, I`m not going to lose any sleep worrying about your threat of "old" ratings. IF discussions about Favre being accepted back into the fold, bother you, don't read them......simple really !!

Jesus, Bill, learn to read: if you haven't been quibbling, then those comments probably weren't addressed to you, were they?

Beware you don`t fall off that moral High horse. And stop preaching. There are some on here that don`t care, myself particularly. I don't even want to know about Favre. I don`t spend all of my days sticking pins in an effigy of the man, but neither YOU or ANYBODY else is going to change my opinion, so I`d appreciate it if you and your like would stop trying. There`s a good chap !

I don't particularly care either, except I quit stirring the pot long ago. You should think about that. Perhaps, after several pages of ChiTown, FlatLander, and Bill "mayo baiting," we can we all agree to disagree and ****?

This topic is old. Lock it, LTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts