Bret Retire NOW

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BlueMoose said:
Brady threw THREE picks in the AFC championship game. He needs to retire.

Talk to Brady when he's 38 and in the way of his 24 year old
successor and throws the game losing interception to go to the superbowl
and possibly beat that 3 interception Brady.

Those girls in the bikin picture w/rolls definitely need to retire.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
BlueMoose said:
Those girls in the bikin picture w/rolls definitely need to retire.
Wow, now you bash the Bikini Girls. You must be a miserable person. Have fun watching Favre next year.

I live in sunny NORTHERN(southern is silicon ladies) california with beautiful women. What's to be miserable about?

Have fun in your ZERO degree weather and watching Favre throw interceptions to blow games too. But it's the team's fault.

They should retire.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's silicone ladies in NORTHERN Cali too. It's not the "organic" state they portray themselves to be.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear to Christ, some of you ******** never played the game of football.

You certainly don't understand it. It is quite apparent in your posts.

This isn't friggin' Madden, you know.

Reasons why the Packers lost the game.

1. No running game. The Giants took away the running game and beat the OL all game long. Their D-Line wanted it more.

2. No short passing game. The Giants took away the short passing game. Hell we couldn't even run a screen play without the Giants blowing it up. The O-Lineman were too slow, and the RB's not patient enough to wait for their blockers.

3. Defense. "Defense wins Championships".
Yes..it does..when they show up...and the Giants won the championship because their D showed up!

4. Our receivers couldn't get open in the second half....Why? I don't know, but the Giants had them covered. Unlike our DB's who left people open all night...

What does that leave?

Deep passes and out routes on a cold, bitter night....

Why was Eli so successful.

His receivers were getting open because the Giants were able to run the ball and not be one-dimensional, like the Packer were....

Even so...One more lucky bounce (like falling on that fumble BUSH) and the Packers could have won that game, as horribly as they executed...

Oh, and lets not forget the stupid penalties on Al Harris and Nick Collins...

Yeah..but let's blame it ALL on Brett Favre...Yeah..that's logical.

I knew the morons were going to be out posting their nonsense....

Excellent post. I dont even need to write anything now.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's silicone ladies in NORTHERN Cali too. It's not the "organic" state they portray themselves to be.

Yeah. They should retire. Silicon blows up in zero degree weather.
Women need a certain degree of body fat to survive it.

Back to topic:

Anyone gonna teach Ryan Grant how to run in cold weather?
And no he doesn't need to retire. He's not 38 and doesn't throw
interceptions.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone please delete this thread in case Favre reads the boards. I read that he was going to retire a couple of years ago, partly because the fans turned on him and he lost confidence. Lets delete this one.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Can someone please delete this thread in case Favre reads the boards. I read that he was going to retire a couple of years ago, partly because the fans turned on him and he lost confidence. Lets delete this one.

Doubt it. Unlike his fans, Brett Favre's got a thick skin and isn't
overreactive.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

Back to topic:

interceptions.

:lol: Don't get me wrong, Cal. I love San Francisco. It is a really cool city and I found everyone to be friendly. Sausalito (sp?) and Santa Cruz were nice too.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
BlueMoose said:

Brady will not last that long. Guaranteed.

Brady threw 3 INTs in the CG. He sucks. He should retire now.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
ElleBlue said:

Back to topic:

interceptions.

:lol: Don't get me wrong, Cal. I love San Francisco. It is a really cool city and I found everyone to be friendly. Sausalito (sp?) and Santa Cruz were nice too.

No problem Elle..it's all in good fun

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
de_real_deal said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
BlueMoose said:

Brady will not last that long. Guaranteed.

Brady threw 3 INTs in the CG. He sucks. He should retire now.

Groundhog day in here?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Well lets see,

Bush and Williams are young and Harris and Woodson are older...let's sit them too.
Tauscher too. And Clifton. And after all, Driver is getting up there and in the way of Ruvell playing.

this is the NFL. You play who gives you the best chance to win. Do you want the talent of this team to be wasted while waiting for Rodger to "Grow" into the position? I think that experiment played out in Chicago.....how'd that work?

I am excited because I think Rodgers will be a good fit once favre retires. He showed promise, however, we have no idea how good he is once other teams start preparing for him. But until Favre declines physically or retires, he is a much better QB than Rodger is.

Rodgers might just be a career backup with the packers.....at $3MM a season, it's not a bad gig.

You guys are hilarious. Can't really get the AGE point until you stretch it out to absurdity.

Let's talk when Harris or Woodson is 38....

Ummm..it's not 3 million per season that AR's getting as a backup (check the previous threads on this).

He makes 1.7 million and change as the backup.
He has an escalator clause that bumps his salary to 5 mil if he were to start.

Since Brett has "come back" all FOUR years of the 5 years on Aaron's deal
Brett's actually costs Aaron about 12 million bucks.

Now for him to sit back and be gracious about that is REAL character.

Do you go w/the player that shows signs he can be the man, or do you go w/the man who is nearing the end?

The Brett Favre blinders prevent some of you guys from seeing this w/some clarity.

It could be Vince Young behind Favre and I'd feel the same way.

Think of the packers FUTURE...

The 49ers held onto Steve Young till he was 38 and had no real back up groomed for him, and look how that turned out.

You guys really want to see Brett decline? I don't think the Favre faithful want to see that.

We have one..and we should take full advantage of it.

Oh, I see it with clarity.

I see that someone wants the team to replace a guy who just this past season threw for nearly 4,000 yds, had the highest (i think) completion of his 17 years, and one of the highest QB ratings he ever has had and put in a guy who has played a whole half of football. (I will disregard the broken foot game from the year before). yeah, makes sense to me....

Who cares about age? It is not how old are you, it is how good are you. We have Rodgers to step in, so I would say the future is set, but this is now. When Young retired, they got a guy named Garcia.....went to probowl his first year I believe.

favre has not cost Aaron anything. Had we not taken him he would have fallen to the second round and the $$ would be even less. Not to mention the schooling he has gotten from one of the best.

Why would you replace "the man" with someone who MIGHT be "the man"? It just does not make sense. If the packers struggled this year I would agree with you. However, no one and I mean NO ONE gets rid of the QB that led them (sometimes carried) to within 3 points of the Superbowl and does it for the sake of the "future"

Could it be that you just have your "Cal Bears" blinders on..?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I live in sunny NORTHERN(southern is silicon ladies) california with beautiful women. What's to be miserable about?

Have fun in your ZERO degree weather and watching Favre throw interceptions to blow games too. But it's the team's fault.

They should retire.

Back to topic:

interceptions.

Listen here Pal... Personally if Rodgers has an ounce of your traits... I say trade him as soon as possible... I really don't have a need for bigoted I live a better life than your life fans.

Don't like Favre or want him to retire.. so be it, post your opinion and say your peace.

But once you start running your mouth and degrading people based on their locale, I say the hell with you and your biased opinions on Rodgers.

Comprehend that my friend.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

They should retire.

Back to topic:

interceptions.

Listen hear Pal... Personally if Rodgers has an ounce of your traits... I say trade him as soon as possible... I really don't have a need for bigoted I live a better life than your life fans.

Don't like Favre or want him to retire.. so be it, post your opinion and say your peace.

But once you start running your mouth and degrading people based on their locale, I say the hell with you and your biased opinions on Rodgers.

8)

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I see it with clarity.

I see that someone wants the team to replace a guy who just this past season threw for nearly 4,000 yds, had the highest (i think) completion of his 17 years, and one of the highest QB ratings he ever has had and put in a guy who has played a whole half of football. (I will disregard the broken foot game from the year before). yeah, makes sense to me....

Who cares about age? It is not how old are you, it is how good are you. We have Rodgers to step in, so I would say the future is set, but this is now. When Young retired, they got a guy named Garcia.....went to probowl his first year I believe.

favre has not cost Aaron anything. Had we not taken him he would have fallen to the second round and the $$ would be even less. Not to mention the schooling he has gotten from one of the best.

Why would you replace "the man" with someone who MIGHT be "the man"? It just does not make sense. If the packers struggled this year I would agree with you. However, no one and I mean NO ONE gets rid of the QB that led them (sometimes carried) to within 3 points of the Superbowl and does it for the sake of the "future"

Could it be that you just have your "Cal Bears" blinders on..?

Revisionist history is so great.

The 49ers went through 2 losing seasons before Garcia came about
and that's because he didn't get exposure to the game and Garcia
even complained that Young was not really helping him in anyway.

To go back to the packers drafting Rodgers as an argument is weak.

The point is they drafted him and he's sitting and eating his escalator clause.

"THE MAN" just threw the game losing interception. "The MAN"
threw w/a lot of yards but wasn't able to pull the magic that he used to do in his earlier years.

As stated earlier. Favre was the x-factor and magician who bailed out a lot of flawed Packer teams w/his heroics.
He's a good stat guy still (i.e. Peyton Manning)...but Favre cannot
overcome a teams deficiencies anymore (i.e. Peyton Manning).

If you'd ask T.T. I bet you he will admit his young team was not "built"
for Brett Favre. It's (bear with me..I know this is apples and oranges to a degree) w/Barry Bonds. Bonds was so dominant, so magical, that
the team just had to keep in there as long as he was producing
while mortgaging their long term future. And he took them to a world series. But they finally cut ties w/him.

Favre is not "the man" but the "stat man" now w/the offense MM has built.

You replace the "stat man" who used to be the "man" so you can see if the
younger lion can become the "man" so the PACK doesn't suffer
any more losing seasons.

SO WHEN do you pull the trigger then.
Let's pose that question.

You tell ME. When should this happen?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

Back to topic:

interceptions.

not trying to pick on you Cal...but Ryan can't run through walls and that is all he had Sunday night. No holes whatsoever.

If you recall, he did pretty well (201yds) the week before in cold and snow.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

They should retire.

Back to topic:

interceptions.

Listen hear Pal... Personally if Rodgers has an ounce of your traits... I say trade him as soon as possible... I really don't have a need for bigoted I live a better life than your life fans.

Um..PAL?
There's way more degrading of people about MY locale on here than vice versa.

And you think Favre opinionators on here are unbiased?
Anybody who's got an INKLING of less than 100% Favre support
is labeled biased.

WOW...

Amazing. But hey..it's all based on YOUR needs and what YOU'VE got time for. Sounds unbiased.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
ElleBlue said:

Back to topic:

interceptions.

not trying to pick on you Cal...but Ryan can't run through walls and that is all he had Sunday night. No holes whatsoever.

If you recall, he did pretty well (201yds) the week before in cold and snow.

Trip. That's for getting back on topic.
Yes, but we need consistency from Grant. We need him to produce week in and week out on the surface. He did do well the week before but that was also against Seattle's very light d-line.

The Giants line is more premier and we needed him to show up then.
That way Brett wouldn't be forced into difficult throws.

Manning made very "safe" throws and we didn't allow Favre the same chance.

Thanks for the post.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Trip. That's for getting back on topic.
Yes, but we need consistency from Grant. We need him to produce week in and week out on the surface. He did do well the week before but that was also against Seattle's very light d-line.

The Giants line is more premier and we needed him to show up then.
That way Brett wouldn't be forced into difficult throws.

Manning made very "safe" throws and we didn't allow Favre the same chance.

Thanks for the post.

Wait that would be a team effort to block up front would it?

Or the fact the the reciever rounded off the route without selling the inside at all so the CB could get a jump?

Or the fact the Buress owned the Packers D all night long, and couldn't get themselves off the field, not a team effort you say.

Yep all boils down to the age of the QB.

Maybe if he lived in Northern California it would all be different, yep that is the ticket.

Members online

Latest posts