Breakdown pick #9, Mark Sanchez to GB

flyguy4ever4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've seen at the combine mixed with the guys college career it looks to me like these guys have zero to 1% shot at being on board at pick #9.
Jason Smith OT
Eugene Monroe OT
Aarron Curry LB
Brian Orakpo DE/LB
Matthew Stafford QB(2% shot at sliding ala Aarron Rodgers)
Michael Crabtree WR(1% because of injury concerns)

So thats 6 guys off the board that are pretty much locked up to me. So then two more will come from this motley group.

Andre Smith OT
BJ Raji DT
Malcolm Jenkins CB
Mark Sanchez QB
Jeremy Macklin WR
Aaron Maybin OLB
Everette Brown Olb/DE
Brandon Pettigrew TE
Michael Oher OT
Knowshon Moreno RB

Six other guys that might jump up into the above group because of overall suckness of this draft group.
Rey Mauluga LB
Robert Ayers DE
Percy Harvin WR
James Laurinitis LB
Clay Matthews LB
Brian Cushing LB

One thing that hasn't been mentioned much, GB could take a big look at Mark Sanchez or even Stafford at QB, the info about Teddy boy very much coveting Joe Flacco last year concerns me some with the abysmal showing of Brohm. Nothing would shock me with TT anymore and if doesn't have any faith in Brohm or Flynn he could do it. Because boy would we be in the tank with a pretty good team were Rodgers to go down with an injury for any length of time.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I believe in taking a QB in every draft, but in like the 7th round or something. Just to give Flynn and Brohm a little competition. But Sanchez? That'd be one heck of a wasted draft pick considering we have our QB for the next 6 years already.

Unless, of course, TT takes him and turns around and trades him to some QB desperate team like Tampa or Carolina or something. But I don't see him being that strategic.

Also, for the record, I like Mauluga a lot more than most people seem to. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Packer uniform. Leadership and all that. Like a young Ray Lewis.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flyguy4ever4 said:
From what I've seen at the combine mixed with the guys college career it looks to me like these guys have zero to 1% shot at being on board at pick #9.
Jason Smith OT
Eugene Monroe OT
Aarron Curry LB
Brian Orakpo DE/LB
Matthew Stafford QB(2% shot at sliding ala Aarron Rodgers)
Michael Crabtree WR(1% because of injury concerns)

So thats 6 guys off the board that are pretty much locked up to me. So then two more will come from this motley group.

Andre Smith OT
BJ Raji DT
Malcolm Jenkins CB
Mark Sanchez QB
Jeremy Macklin WR
Aaron Maybin OLB
Everette Brown Olb/DE
Brandon Pettigrew TE
Michael Oher OT
Knowshon Moreno RB

Six other guys that might jump up into the above group because of overall suckness of this draft group.
Rey Mauluga LB
Robert Ayers DE
Percy Harvin WR
James Laurinitis LB
Clay Matthews LB
Brian Cushing LB

One thing that hasn't been mentioned much, GB could take a big look at Mark Sanchez or even Stafford at QB, the info about Teddy boy very much coveting Joe Flacco last year concerns me some with the abysmal showing of Brohm. Nothing would shock me with TT anymore and if doesn't have any faith in Brohm or Flynn he could do it. Because boy would we be in the tank with a pretty good team were Rodgers to go down with an injury for any length of time.

Does TT want to replace Mat Millen as the stupidest GM in the North? If he wants another QB, fine, but draft em somewhere after the 1st Round, unless they think Rodgers isn't the Guy. That would be a foolish move, and lets not forget we had both Brohm and Flynn, one of those guys could be gone, but when you draft QBs where we did, I kind of figure that it may take time to develop them anyways. What do you expect from a QB that hardly sees the field all year anyways?

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No worries about Ted taking a QB with the #9

While he was very interested in Flacco last year and thought about taking him in the first....this years draft has no QB he is interested in at this time.

I don't see him taking a QB in any of the seven rounds.

OP
OP
F

flyguy4ever4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you are right freefrom! I can't help but get very worried about TT and this pick.

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have the right man running the show right now. His drafts here have been within the best in league for those years. I was one that said "What?" on draft day when he picked Greg Jennings over a certain Florida WR. I quickly found out that same day that Greg was a incredible talent.

No one hits a home run on every draft pick but Ted hits enough for you not be "worried"

My suggestion to you is to take Sanchez and Smith off your radar:) I don't see either coming to Green Bay no matter what ill conceived notion you may have:) Those are smiles by the way:)

peaCe!

OP
OP
F

flyguy4ever4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, If Ted feels like Sanchez is the old best player available he will pull the trigger, I have no clue what Ted thinks of Sanchez as a pro QB,just throwing every possible situation out there to masses, looking to get feedback. Posted somewhere else about Ted wanting to move down and save butt load of money and get a very similar type player plus whatever extra goodies he can score in additional picks.
Two solid scenarios, going to be kind of tough year to find teams that want to actually move up. Best two I got would be GB on clock and one or both of QB Mark Sanchez and OT Andre Smith still on board. Could see some teams wanting to jump the 49ers at ten to grab either player. NyJ would be pretty decent spot for Teddy to slide back to pick 17 and let the Jets snag Sanchez! I know there are a handful of teams out there picking in middle or late first round that would be all over moving up a tier, to in their minds steal Andre Smith at pick number 9, view him as a top 3 player and think their coaches/organization can get him in line!
Can't seem to think of any other teams that would be in market for a young potential franchise QB that are picking after GB other than NYJ.
Mark these down, and remember flyguy was on it, if you throw out enough hypotheticals during March and April or at least your top twenty, you are bound to hit on one!!!

Members online

Latest posts