Brandon Jacobs.... if he wins his grievence..

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we try to grab him off waviers? He would be treasure trove of info on both the the 49ers and Giants....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are already deep enough at HB with Green, Starks, Grant, and Harris. Although I would really like us to have a back that can pick up those 3rd and 1's.

It seems like it would be well worth it if he gave us worthwhile info, but I don't know what he's going to tell us that we don't already know. "Hey, they're going to try to pressure you with their front 4?"

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
And Grant can scrub out yards if need be, though I don't imagine Starks or Grant sticking around much longer

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the type of player he is but not the person. The dude can still play though IMO. Bottomline is I would not like him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SMH.. I was waiting to see how long it would take for this exact thread to be started.

Someone, anyone, please explain to me why people insist on being so enamored with players, head cases even on other teams' rosters? What's wrong with the guys we have?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
SMH.. I was waiting to see how long it would take for this exact thread to be started.

Someone, anyone, please explain to me why people insist on being so enamored with players, head cases even on other teams' rosters? What's wrong with the guys we have?

Some posters hear a big name and think he would be perfect for the Packers

We have 3 games left and a NEW RB would have to learn playbook (Grant knows our book and only got one carry)

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Because the average fan, myself included, is far and wide absolutely clueless and latches on to any name we recognize without regard to depth, style, or character and instantly over inflates them in our minds. Everyone cares about winning, few dare to care about the cost. I try to care about playing well.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Jacobs has a tendency to play a bit "soft" for his physique so I'm not excited about the prospect of picking him up. We already know the game plan for the Giants and the Niners: beat the **** out of us physically.

But the numerous comments above labeling Jacobs a "headcase" are obnoxious because (a) the knee-jerk, "he's a headcase" antagonism toward many players is often based on little more than rumor and innuendo, (b) nobody above has ever met Jacobs, much less knows how he would affect the Green Bay locker room, and (c) the same thing could have been said about Cedric Benson heading into this season (and no revisionist explanation can overcome the reality that he had a "reputation" at the point he came to Green Bay). I believe we brought in Andre Rison prior to our title in '96 despite his "reputation" as well and that turned out alright.

The lights of the media are very bright in the New York market and Jacobs has certainly shown some flaws under their glare.

Of course it doesn't make sense to try to accumulate troublesome personalities in the locker room. But dismissing any and all players that aren't completely vanilla discounts this team's leaders and their ability to maintain a winning culture as well as the reality that some people learn from their mistakes and mature with time.

Again, I'm not advocating for Jacobs. I guess I'm just criticizing a mindset.

H

HardRightEdge

The rap on Jacobs in NY was that he preferred bouncing his large self to the outside instead of banging it up inside.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs might win the most overrated player in the league - that's saying something considering he wasn't rated that highly to begin with. Not to mention he loves him some Brandon Jacobs - thinks the world of him. This would be a terrible fit.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would've thought it would be the sociopath Moss to get thrown off the team before Jacobs. Who needs 'em?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Jacobs has a tendency to play a bit "soft" for his physique so I'm not excited about the prospect of picking him up. We already know the game plan for the Giants and the Niners: beat the **** out of us physically.

But the numerous comments above labeling Jacobs a "headcase" are obnoxious because (a) the knee-jerk, "he's a headcase" antagonism toward many players is often based on little more than rumor and innuendo, (b) nobody above has ever met Jacobs, much less knows how he would affect the Green Bay locker room, and (c) the same thing could have been said about Cedric Benson heading into this season (and no revisionist explanation can overcome the reality that he had a "reputation" at the point he came to Green Bay). I believe we brought in Andre Rison prior to our title in '96 despite his "reputation" as well and that turned out alright.

The lights of the media are very bright in the New York market and Jacobs has certainly shown some flaws under their glare.

Of course it doesn't make sense to try to accumulate troublesome personalities in the locker room. But dismissing any and all players that aren't completely vanilla discounts this team's leaders and their ability to maintain a winning culture as well as the reality that some people learn from their mistakes and mature with time.

Again, I'm not advocating for Jacobs. I guess I'm just criticizing a mindset.

Any player who throws a helmet at a fan is a headcase in my book.

OP
OP
P-E-Z

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your all missing the point..... you take him not because you want him, you take him deny him to a team that wants and needs him....

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Your all missing the point..... you take him not because you want him, you take him deny him to a team that wants and needs him....

That's also called wasting money. That big baby would demand a decent price tag, and TT wont do that for some late season run on a guy like jacobs. He has been bitten with the injury bug the last few years as well. Leave the scraps for a team that is stupid when it comes to the building process, let the cardinals or browns have him.

His so called treasure trove of info would be useless by now. Teams change up their signal calls, audibles, adjustments...etc... very often. He wouldnt be of any value even if we were to pay him for a consultation. Bottom line: he is useless to the packers.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
There is a reason my friends and I call him "fatback." He plays like he's out of shape half of the time

Members online

Latest posts