Bradon Jacobs up for Trade!

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it. He had one good year so he is still really high on himself. He is going to want more than he is worth. The Giants spent a lot of money on him after that good year so they will want more than he is worth as well.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Jacobs wants to be traded.

Any interest by the Pack you think?

Not after he hurled his helmet into the stands, risking the club to a potential lawsuit. Plus he had a verbal altercation with fans after the game.

His talent isn't enough to compensate for his attitude in my mind.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, Adam Schefter tweeted this morning that the Bills are just not interested in moving Lynch, so we can probably put that story to rest now.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Brandon Jacobs, headache... Do what we need to do to get Lynch here... The Bills must be asking a ton for him, but with Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch, they need help everywhere else, they should be looking to upgrade their team..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Brandon Jacobs, headache... Do what we need to do to get Lynch here... The Bills must be asking a ton for him, but with Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch, they need help everywhere else, they should be looking to upgrade their team..

were you that impressed with him yesterday? That whole game changing 3.8 yrds per carry.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs is over paid but ignoring salary he is a goal line runner that they tried to make an every down runner. With Kuhn I dont see why we would need him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people seem to think Jacobs has worse character issues than Lynch? At least I can understand Jacobs when he talks. I need subtitles when they interview Lynch.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch IS NOT going to be a Packer.
They want a high pick and TT don't play that...

Better chance at getting Jacobs though I really don't think we need him. I mean we do ALREADY have THREE huge fullbacks.

bring on the NEXT rumor!

Reaction score
Why do people seem to think Jacobs has worse character issues than Lynch? At least I can understand Jacobs when he talks. I need subtitles when they interview Lynch.

Lol i agree with you with lynch speaking. Jacobs is a competitor. He threw his helmet so what. I doubt he intended to throw it at some one in the stands. I would rather have him then lynch. He is a rare player with that size and speed.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3.8 YPC isnt the problem, its what the Bills want.

3.8 is better than the 2. something that Jackson got...against a horrible D...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a joke, right? Jacobs was really good when he had that DOMINANT OL. Do we have one of those? Nops.

He's too slow to hit the hole, he needs time. Yes, he's hard to bring down, but he's the most one-dimensional back in football. When he's there, you know that he's going to run, and run through the middle. He can't do anything else. He can't even block right.

Jacobs would be a downgrade over anything we have right now.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This is a joke, right? Jacobs was really good when he had that DOMINANT OL. Do we have one of those? Nops.

He's too slow to hit the hole, he needs time. Yes, he's hard to bring down, but he's the most one-dimensional back in football. When he's there, you know that he's going to run, and run through the middle. He can't do anything else. He can't even block right.

Jacobs would be a downgrade over anything we have right now.
This.

Ted shouldn't even be considering it. I want no part of Brandon Jacobs.

If this was Ahmad Bradshaw I'd be singing a different tune, but Jacobs is worse than what we have now.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the Marshawn Lynch thread, but it bears repeating over here- The Colts were DEAD LAST in the league in rushing last season and only managed to win 14 games and go to the Super Bowl. The Chargers were second to last and went to the divisional round of the playoffs. NFL Stats: by Team Category

We don't need to have a top running game to win. We need a good enough run game to take some pressure off the passing game every so often. I believe we have that with the personnel we currently have on our roster. I think it's time to put all this trade talk to rest now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the Marshawn Lynch thread, but it bears repeating over here- The Colts were DEAD LAST in the league in rushing last season and only managed to win 14 games and go to the Super Bowl. The Chargers were second to last and went to the divisional round of the playoffs. NFL Stats: by Team Category

We don't need to have a top running game to win. We need a good enough run game to take some pressure off the passing game every so often. I believe we have that with the personnel we currently have on our roster. I think it's time to put all this trade talk to rest now.

Smart fans realize this but the dumb ones scream for us to trade a couple draft picks for a bum

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

And they got beat. By the #6 team.

I don't think you can say that just because the Colts did it we don't have to have a running game. Better is always better, and we'll be better if we have a running game to take pressure off of Aaron.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think you can say that just because the Colts did it we don't have to have a running game. Better is always better, and we'll be better if we have a running game to take pressure off of Aaron.

Yup, but they beat the #1 rushing team in the AFCCG to get there, so it doesn't mean a ******* thing to say they got beat in the Super Bowl because they had the leagues worst rushing game.

I agree better is better. Obviously, the more weapons you have, the better you are. That said, I'm not sure trading a starter PLUS draft picks for Lynch or Jacobs is really going to make us that much better than we already are now. I just don't see a big enough upside compared to what we already have on our roster. Jackson had hardly any carries, certainly not enough to establish any kind of rhythm.

If we get Lynch, fine. I'm not gonna ***** about it. I just don't think we need to sell our souls to get him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Saints rushed for a combined 51 yards, with a 2.8 YPC average in that game. Meanwhile, Brees threw for 288 yards, 2 tds, completing an absurd 32 of 39 passes, for a 115.7 rating.

Let's not pretend that the Saints won that because of their running game, because that's a blalant LIE. Their running game, by those standards, was AWFUL in the SB. AWFUL. It doesn't matter if they were #6 in the season, they couldn't run against the very good Colts D. But the Colts couldn't stop Brees.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a look at this nugget from CheeseheadTV.com:

The play action fake was very effective for the Packers, especially in the third quarter on back-to-back plays. On second-and-3 (very easily a running down), Rodgers faked run and found Jordy Nelson wide open for a 15-yard gain and a first down. On the very next play on first-and-10 (another running down), Rodgers again used the play action on a rollout and found Finley making is way across the middle from the far side of the field for a 22-yard gain.

A commenter said better than I could:
The run game can average 2 yards per carry and I would consider it a smashing success if play-action passing yeilds 10-15 yards. The run game basically exists in this offense to generate effective play action passing. Needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating running back effectivness.

Source: Film review of Packers Win Over the Bills | Cheesehead TV

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it. He had one good year so he is still really high on himself. He is going to want more than he is worth. The Giants spent a lot of money on him after that good year so they will want more than he is worth as well.
I agree, I want no part in Jacobs. He's really overrated. Personally I'd like Lynch over any of the purported RB's out there on the market.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happens when you have two great passing offenses going at it? Either one defense creates turnovers to win the game or one team runs the ball well enough to keep the opposing team's offense off the field.

The Super Bowl reference to the Saints vs Colts falls under the first category. The Saints defense created enough turnovers to end the Colts. The Packers playoff game against the Cardinals would be a mix of each of them. While we gave up 3 turnovers, the Cardinals were still able to run the ball for 156 yards on 23 carries to keep our defense honest and the clock ticking.

I'm not going to talk up Brandon Jacobs because 1. I don't think he's enough of an improvement to break the bank on, (3 years left on a 4 year, 25 million contract). 2. Giants don't look interested in dealing him. 3. He is not a long-term solution or short-term solution to the RB position (Grant is only out for one year).

What I also won't do, however, is talk up the Bills defense to dumb down the inefficiency of Brandon Jackson and our RB crew from Sunday's game. They have a solid secondary that creates turnovers... Besides that, they have an injury-depleted linebacking corp and no real pass rush. (When was the last season game the packers didn't give up a single sack?)

Latest posts