Bold move by Bears hiring through CFL

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CFL coach Marc Trestman huh? Could he bring out Cutler's and the rest of the Bears full potential? Does anyone watch CFL besides Kurt Warner?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing coach, who I have no doubt will do well at the NFL HC level. One of the best minds in pro football period, the Bears made a very smart move.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the move. Trestman is a good coach and is ready to run an NFL organization. There's no reason the thumb your nose at a CFL coach, they handle most of the same issues as their NFL counterparts.

I'd love it if he Trestman came out like Lovie did, stating that a main goal is to beat the Packers. Of course, it should be every coach's desire to beat their divisional rivals but it would be great if he stirred the rivalry pot some more.

That said, Cutler is what he his. We've seen him with two different teams and several coordinators. As Woodson said, it's the same old Jay. Put some better receivers and a better O-line around him and he could be better, but I don't think a different scheme or coach will change him much. The cost of bringing that above average QB to Chicago was a team-killer.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trestman will not come out and say that unless forced. He wants to win world championships, beating the Packers would just be a milestone along the way.

OP
OP
burt packerack

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As hard as it is to say this. I hope he does well just so this rivalry holds its integrity throughout the years to come. It is obviously a big rivalry to any fans of teams in NFC north teams. I often find myself rooting for NFC North teams in non-division games subconsciously just to make the division more competitive. It would not be as interesting to watch if the bears are 2-6 and the packers are (7-1) in the middle of the season.
Much like the lions this year. I developed such a strong disliking towards them last year since they emerged and started playing well. But then this year they just sucked and our games against them lost their pizzazz.
Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As hard as it is to say this. I hope he does well just so this rivalry holds its integrity throughout the years to come. It is obviously a big rivalry to any fans of teams in NFC north teams. I often find myself rooting for NFC North teams in non-division games subconsciously just to make the division more competitive. It would not be as interesting to watch if the bears are 2-6 and the packers are (7-1) in the middle of the season.
Much like the lions this year. I developed such a strong disliking towards them last year since they emerged and started playing well. But then this year they just sucked and our games against them lost their pizzazz.
Am I the only one that thinks this way?

I really love the divisional rivalries, best in pro football....but I was brought up as a Packer fan and also to not like the Vikequeens or ****-cago-bears......put it this way, if Jay cutler were on fire, I wouldnt **** on him to put it out.
I would rather see us utterly alone at the top of our division with the rest loathing in the basement, to hell with them. That's my take on them.

OP
OP
burt packerack

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really love the divisional rivalries, best in pro football....but I was brought up as a Packer fan and also to not like the Vikequeens or ****-cago-bears......put it this way, if Jay cutler were on fire, I wouldnt **** on him to put it out.
I would rather see us utterly alone at the top of our division with the rest loathing in the basement, to hell with them. That's my take on them.
hahah i guess i might be alone on that one. My parents are skins fans (i live in VA) so i wasn't raised to hate our rivals that much, I just learned on my own. One of my best friends is a bears fan and besides that i really don't know anybody else that's a fan of any of the NFC North teams. Now If i lived in the midwest i am sure i would be saying differently.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts