Bob Harlan - Happy Trails

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished reading his book. I know only the real Packer fans know who he even is and that's why he's such a great man. He's kinda the anti Jerry Jones. Instead of being a man of the spotlight he was a man of the people. I can't speak for other teams but I'm not to sure how many other presidents spent as much time with the fans. How many others would actually answer phone calls from fans.
Some may not see him as a big deal but consider without him there probably is no Ron wolf, Mike Holmgen, Brett Favre and maybe not even a Packer rebirth. Ron Wolf considered him one of the only truly honest men in the business. He hired Ron and promised to give him full authority (which shows how humble he was). When everyone wanted Wolf's head for trading for unknown Favre he backed him up the whole way.
Finally people in Wisconsin can probably expand more on this but if it wasn't for BH we may of never have had the awesome renovation of the new Lambeau field and the assurance the Pack is here to stay.
So for all you have done behind the scenes Bob wish you the best and many thanx :!:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the book was good? I was thinking of buying it. I love Bob Harlan, he actually stopped to talk to me while out by the gate at the stadium to get autographs, he signed my Jacket. Nice guy!!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday in Cliffy's return chat that there are some new faces on the executive committee(appointed by Jones) that may not be content to sit in the background and let the President/GM run the football operations.

If true, this reminds me of the old days pre-Harlan, and we all know what a mess and train wreck that turned out to be. Let's hope that Harlan has the ability to control the search process for his replacement and that he chooses wisely.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife got me the book.........haven't read it yet. I'm still on Paul Hornung's "Golden Boy".

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's also a great book Cheesey. I actually met Paul and got it to sign it for me. Heather it's a great book. Actually during Bob's tenure no one in the league had a better record then GB. I think it also isn't a far stretch to say that by getting the new Lambeau BH may have saved this franchise. I agree with spardo that humble behind the scenes guys like BH are hard to find. I can only imagine how hard it was on him during the building campaign when he had to read some of the harsh letters that people sent into the paper wanting him fired.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad wrote Harlan a letter to thank him for his time with the Packers and wish him good health (during his illness). He received a hand written letter back from Harlan thanking him for his letter and his fanhood (not his wording). He's a quality guy.

Saying that, I thought this was a thread about Bob's stomach hair.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts