Bob Costas takes a strong stance on Brett Favre !!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much the very same thing that I said to you in another thread.

Or was that just a trolling Bears fan

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realy Phil, why are you back here?
You are not saying anything that hasn't been discussed over and over again...Congratulatinons your Bears soundly defeated a Packer team that has been stripped of most of the players that kicked you guy's *** year after year...hope your happy.

I have to give it to TT, he has been a genius orchestrating his program of making this "His Team", while turning half the Packer Nation on Brett.
TT had plenty of chances to keep this team competitive but chose to get rid of talented(not great) veteran players and replacing them with rookies.

In the process he has left Brett Favre out flapping in the wind, is it time for Brett to go??
I say no, but if the other choice is Brett getting killed on the field because he has inferior o-linemen trying to protect him, then Brett should go to a team that will give him an opportunity to win. Something TT has taken away.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really......what does it matter what he says? He doesn't control the Packers. It's just like we all type on here.......an OPINION! Thats ALL it is.........and like they say, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Really......what does it matter what he says? He doesn't control the Packers. It's just like we all type on here.......an OPINION! Thats ALL it is.........and like they say, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one!

We all? Perhaps you should make that 'some of' because there are a few who who believe their word means fact without any evidence of course. Just their own viewpoint ;)

Is this a video? I assume so since it says watch, but I'm at work. I wanna see!!

Got a link for reading?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy Costas should burn in hell forever for thinking that TT´s magic is not working int Green Bay.. Another subpar mind trying to understant his Majesty´s Lord TT designs...

How dare him think that TT needs to gracefully engineer Brett´s exit??? TT would never take any such responsibility maybe if Brett comes on his knees and beg Lord TT to be traded after he has gone on national TV to say that he doesnt want to be a Packer no more, maybe then his Holliness will let him go.... Not before..

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
and most of them stink!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
cheesey said:
and most of them stink!

But some look nicer,,,,, check Angelina Jolie and some others !!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no ******** looks nice... what are you talking about. it looks like a balloon knot on Angelina Jolie just like it does on me. maybe with less hair.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
This guy Costas should burn in hell forever for thinking that TT´s magic is not working int Green Bay.. Another subpar mind trying to understant his Majesty´s Lord TT designs...

How dare him think that TT needs to gracefully engineer Brett´s exit??? TT would never take any such responsibility maybe if Brett comes on his knees and beg Lord TT to be traded after he has gone on national TV to say that he doesnt want to be a Packer no more, maybe then his Holliness will let him go.... Not before..

Did you watch the video? He didn't say a bad word about the Packers or Favre. He said their rebuilding.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Pretty much the very same thing that I said to you in another thread.

Or was that just a trolling Bears fan

No Phil, in your other threads you bashed everybody. This piece was Bob's take on what would be best ( in his opinion ) for both The Pack and Brett during this rebuilding era !!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
no ******** looks nice... what are you talking about. it looks like a balloon knot on Angelina Jolie just like it does on me. maybe with less hair.

sheesh - thanks for the visual, packnic!! :wink: :doh:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Geez......i HOPE it's with less hair!!!! :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
cheesey said:
and most of them stink!

Not MINE Trippster!!! Mine smells like ROSES!!! :lol:

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was bs brett wanted to come back as a packer and brett doesnt owe the packers anything if anything packers owe him hes the one putting a**es on seats and getting people to pay to watch the match. the packers are a business and businesses are only out for one thing and thats money and brett has been racking that in for the packers for a long time now its time for green bay to give him some love and start spending the money he brought in on players to help him win games. thats just my opinion feel free to disagree.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as Costas needs an asskicking, he's right. Brett needs to go to another team and throw INTs there. THen I can REALLY say "I told you he's got the accuracy of a steamboat."

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett leaving Green Bay to play elsewhere is the worst of all thoughts. Brett Favre needs to retire a Packer. It would be an atrocity for Brett to every wear another teams uniform. Let's not do to Brett what San Francisco did to Montana.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
that was bs brett wanted to come back as a packer and brett doesnt owe the packers anything if anything packers owe him hes the one putting a**es on seats and getting people to pay to watch the match. the packers are a business and businesses are only out for one thing and thats money and brett has been racking that in for the packers for a long time now its time for green bay to give him some love and start spending the money he brought in on players to help him win games. thats just my opinion feel free to disagree.

This is a great point!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Realy Phil, why are you back here?
You are not saying anything that hasn't been discussed over and over again...Congratulatinons your Bears soundly defeated a Packer team that has been stripped of most of the players that kicked you guy's *** year after year...hope your happy...

Why bother talkng to a Bear troll? He won't answer you. His only purpose is to agitate.

It is the Philtrations of the web that wastes cyberspace and keeps boards like this agitated enough to get attention.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:

GB owes Favre nothing. First off no player is bigger than the team. There are Players on a team that are legends, icons, etc and Favre is that but no player is bigger than an organization. Brett Favre won't be in the NFL forever but the Green Bay Packers will move on eventually without Favre and be the Green Bay Packers forever.

2nd Favre is getting paid around 10 mil to play for the Pack. GB has made sure Favre is well off and has treated Favre considerably well in terms of "owing" him something. So Favre and the Packers have both benefited from each other and rightfully so.

Edit: Both sides owe it to each other to move on. Green Bay needs to rebuild which they are doing and Favre does deserve to play for a contender which Green Bay is not. Costas didn't bash either or in this video and I completely agree with Costas on this. The overreactions towards Costas in this thread is ridiculous. (Not you steve but others)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
steveGB said:

GB owes Favre nothing. First off no player is bigger than the team. There are Players on a team that are legends, icons, etc and Favre is that but no player is bigger than an organization. Brett Favre won't be in the NFL forever but the Green Bay Packers will move on eventually without Favre and be the Green Bay Packers forever.

2nd Favre is getting paid around 10 mil to play for the Pack. GB has made sure Favre is well off and has treated Favre considerably well in terms of "owing" him something. So Favre and the Packers have both benefited from each other and rightfully so.

Edit: Both sides owe it to each other to move on. Green Bay needs to rebuild which they are doing and Favre does deserve to play for a contender which Green Bay is not. Costas didn't bash either or in this video and I completely agree with Costas on this. The overreactions towards Costas in this thread is ridiculous. (Not you steve but others)

To say GB doesn't owe Favre anything is silly. It's this kind of attitude that will destroy the Packers. Is Favre bigger than the Packers? Of course not.

These are 2 completely different things. Respecting a QB who has played his heart out every game, through injuries, through losing seasons, thick and thin is a must. Just like GB honors guys like White,Starr, Nitscke and others. Brett was a huge part in reviving this franchise. GB does owe him something. That something is a little respect. That goes for the organization and the fans. Brett has given to the community when he didn't have to.

Ted Thompson could have been up front with Brett and said "Listen, we are going to try to rebuild here" instead of stating they were going to try to win. Thats called respect which any player contemplating retirement is due.

What I don't understand is the people that complain about Favre throwing INT's are the same people on here that so eagerly state "TT is rebuilding" anytime anyone questions his moves. So if TT is rebuilding and Favre is due no respect than why complain that Brett is throwing INT's. Isn't he just helping "TT's master plan?" Why is it that "this team is rebuilding" is used as an excuse for everyone from TT to Spitz to Manual to Herron, but when it comes to Brett, it's just him "playing bad"?

What does it matter at this point? What does it matter if Brett throws 40 INT's a year? You say we are rebuilding so who cares? Just does not make any sense to me, sorry. If this team is NOT REBUILDING then criticize Brett fairly but be sure to not forget the surrounding cast. If you want touse "THIS TEAM IS REBUILDING" everytime this team puts on a 26-0 debacle then it's kind of unfair to blame Brett in the same sentence.

Members online