Blackmon to play on Sunday

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Packersnews.com:

"Barring a setback, Will Blackmon should be healthy and ready to play in Sunday's NFC championship game.

Blackmon showed no sign of his chronic foot injury -- one that sidelined him last week after he irritated it in the regular-season finale Dec. 30 -- while running and cutting at or near full speed during practice this morning inside The Don Hutson Center. Unless he wakes up sore on Thursday or Friday, there's a good chance Blackmon will return punts and perhaps play in some defensive sub-packages against the New York Giants."

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this mean we will have zero people on the inactive list?

All our best players get to play in the biggest game yet. NY can't say the same by a long stretch.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only the Packers get HEALTHIER as the playoffs roll on....

as other teams get banged up.

The football gods are with us, baby!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

All our best players get to play in the biggest game yet. NY can't say the same by a long stretch.

Technically there is still an inactive list - only 45 of the 53 can be active on game day right?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Technically there is still an inactive list - only 45 of the 53 can be active on game day right?

Yes, there will be inactives every game. I'm guessing Bolston will be inactive and maybe someone else on the defensive line but I'm not quite sure who else?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bodiford (WR) has been inactive some games. Is Krause still active now that Bubba is back?

Reaction score
Bodiford (WR) has been inactive some games. Is Krause still active now that Bubba is back?

No, Krause was inactive against the Seahawks.

As for Blackmon, he gives our STs an explosive component, more-so than Williams or K-Rob, so his return will help this team.

I don't expect him to get many reps as a CB though. I think Williams/Walker/Bush will be above him on the depth chart, possibly in that order.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like all of you, I hope to see Blackmon returning kicks since anything can happen then. But, frankly, I look forward more to next year and his ascendency in the secondary. His is untapped talent so far back there due to injuries. And we may well need it. Even so, I expect TT has already set his sights on one or two DBs in the draft/FA. We'll have a bright future.

Members online

Latest posts