Blackmon out for the year

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ACL, no surprise based on how it looked during the game. It's too bad. But I think his time with the Packers is done unless he comes VERY cheap next year and is healed in time.

Took Tauscher a year though to get better. I think Jordy will do a good job as our KR from now on though.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
ACL, no surprise based on how it looked during the game. It's too bad. But I think his time with the Packers is done unless he comes VERY cheap next year and is healed in time.

Took Tauscher a year though to get better. I think Jordy will do a good job as our KR from now on though.

Agreed. Jordy and Tramon are very good return men. Jordy made some questionable decisions last night, though.

PackaSteelKC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Help is on the way. In MM Post Game Interview today says TT maybe looking into signing Mark Tausher as he had a tryout Monday. Looked good. Clifton will be back by Detroit. Spitz back at center with College ready to go if not T.Lang will start at LG and Josh at RG. We will be better for I don't know how long anyway and maybe save Aaron's life.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson doesn't have Blackmon's speed, but he seems to know how to read the blocks when returning kicks. Looking forward to seeing what Jordy can do on the returns or Tramon if they think we need a speedier guy.

OP
OP
paco

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Jordy and Tramon are very good return men. Jordy made some questionable decisions last night, though.

I didn't see the questionable decisions on the kick returns. He muffed that one punt though. I don't think that's his strong suit, but with practice he'll get better.

I prefer Jordy to Blackmon actually. Seems to get more consistent yardage. Wr's should be better anyway. Better hands and better field vision with the ball. Corners don't train that way.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is the end for Blackmon in GB, I think if he could of stayed healthy he could of been a great return guy and backup corner but he has never been healthy for the year. At least this way Jordy gets some touches.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunate, but as long as the headline doesn't read "Rodgers out for the season", I'm not overly concerned.

Hopefully, they let Blackmon go because he's unreliable on the health front. With him, you're always waiting for the "other shoe to drop", ya know?

I'd much rather use a roster spot on a player that can play all 16 games every year.

GoPackGo!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson doesn't have Blackmon's speed.

Is he really? I think Jordy looks faster but I don't know. Jordy needs to be able to catch the ball though. It looked like that one time he was really unsure on whether to catch it or let it bounce. But hey he hasn't had that much punt return experience. Give him time and he will get the hang of it because once Jordy gets going he can read blocks very well (as long as the refs don't see imaginary flags).

Members online

Latest posts