Blackmon MVP?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sure looked good on that punt return. He had one or two great returns in the preseason too. At least the missed time with the broken foot gave his broken thumb a chance to heal. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at the nickel back position too.

Thanks to management (I don't want to say Ted Thompson, that would be too controversial) for keeping him on the roster instead of putting him on IR.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been anxiously waiting for his return and I wasn't disappointed at all. Another of our young talented players. We should have a great future.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been too. He and I both went to BC, so I talked to him for quite a bit at Fan Fest this year. I was so happy to see him have a good game. He's a playmaker and we need to keep him around.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
could he be a special team threat perhaps?

You could see it even on that first return...he is QUICK. He just GOES instead of dances around.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the game, I was in LA looking after my sick father. BUT from what I saw in the highlights and such, it seems the weekly MVP goes to the man who is fast solving our running game woes, Ryan Grant.

His 158 yards paved the way for relaxed Packer fans who enjoyed a BLOWOUT win. Had Grant NOT had the strong game, would the Packers have had a blow out win? Who played a more of a role on the Packers dominating the game? from the 38 points, if the Pack don't score Blackmon's TDs, they only have 24 points. But isn't 24-7 a blow out win?

Packers dominated the game because of the strong running preformance. NOT 2 plays that Blackmon scored TDs on.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though Blackmon's touchdowns on sunday were very big plays, i also think Ryan Grant's performance was equally amazing. They in my opinion were both equally important for the win.

Co-MVPs

OP
OP
P

packattack92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good argument. However, its the first time i've seen Blackmon step up so i feel like he deserves it. :)

plus he could be a positive future to our special teams

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering he's back from injury, he gets the edge.

Blackmon MVP.

P.S. good luck next year in the Packer Forum League challenge Trom.

13 FTW.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good argument. However, its the first time i've seen Blackmon step up so i feel like he deserves it. :)

I agree with your last assessment. However, one good game does not an MVP make.

OP
OP
P

packattack92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packattack92 said:

I agree with your last assessment. However, one good game does not an MVP make.

MVP of the season, no.
MVP of the game, yes. :)

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good job TT,

Blackmon was a huge bonus this game and will be a great extra threat going into the playoff run !!

Cheers :packbeer:

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta credit MM for sticking by him and not simply sending him straight to IR.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the sooner we can get rid of Bush the better. right now i think bush is the number 5 CB behind Harris, woodson, blackmon, williams. that is where bush belongs!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They are all about equal talent-wise right now (according to McCarthy) and Bush has more experience. You just don't get rid of him because he's a nickelback that has been exploited a few times. Find me one that hasn't. He broke up two TD passes to Calvin Johnson in the Detroit game. He's had his moments.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the game, I was in LA looking after my sick father. BUT from what I saw in the highlights and such, it seems the weekly MVP goes to the man who is fast solving our running game woes, Ryan Grant.

His 158 yards paved the way for relaxed Packer fans who enjoyed a BLOWOUT win. Had Grant NOT had the strong game, would the Packers have had a blow out win? Who played a more of a role on the Packers dominating the game? from the 38 points, if the Pack don't score Blackmon's TDs, they only have 24 points. But isn't 24-7 a blow out win?

Packers dominated the game because of the strong running preformance. NOT 2 plays that Blackmon scored TDs on.

Ughh, I think it was more of both dude. Blackmon adding 14 points definitely helped us "relax" even more. Add in how good Grant was running the ball, and that made for a nice afternoon. Grant had to work harder, sure, but they both made a huge difference.

Members online

Latest posts