Black Monday

Which of the first seven open head coaching position you'd take?

• Buffalo

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Chicago

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Diego

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kansas City

• Philadelphia

• Cleveland

• Total voters

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment there are seven open head coaching positions in the NFL. Which one is the most enviable?
San Diego and Chicago have competent QB's. Arizona and KC have decent defenses. Cleveland and Buffalo have a... err ... um at least they are in the NFL and not the SEC. Philadelphia needs to be reloaded with a young QB to groom.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go with the Bills. Mostly because I love their uniforms. And also because it would be fun having both Spiller and Jackson, imo.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Me?? I wouldn't take any of them. I'm smart enough to know what I don't know. ;)

Personally though, I think a man would have to be a complete and utter abject moron to take ANY Philly job.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Upon further review I could see myself taking Da Bears' job. If only so that I could run their franchise into the ground and hamstring it for years to comes. mwahahahahaha!
Could do a more thorough job as GM than coach. Witness the Millen years in Detroit. The Jerrah years in Dallas.

Philly has too much media pressure. I would do SD. I don't think they are that far away from being in the playoffs. They have a QB and are really not that bad. I think their coaching was the problem the last few years. Also, they get to play Oakland twice a year for 2 w's when the schedule comes out.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I would take the Bills job. I like their uniforms and they have a lot of pieces. Just need a QB and a better defensive coordinator.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago is by far the best job. Great new GM, Competent QB, Great defense and defensive coaching, great special teams. Hell all they need to do is hire a coach to manage the offense and hire a new offensive coordinator and they are there. Biggest challenge IMO is for the GM to fix the "O"line, get another couple decent receivers and add some depth. With Lovie gone, Urlacher most likely gone, Hester gone (hopefully) that gives us lots of cap room.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How about the option

Do I put the thread in a Packer section, or in the NFL section?

;)
The problem with moving this to this section which is where it rightfully belongs is the automated newsbot will bury it to page three or four right quick unless someone bumps it once or twice a day. Need a thread for other teams that doesn't have a new thread several times an hour. Even responses to the news gets buried.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with moving this to this section which is where it rightfully belongs is the automated newsbot will bury it to page three or four right quick unless someone bumps it once or twice a day. Need a thread for other teams that doesn't have a new thread several times an hour. Even responses to the news gets buried.

I know :)

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I made sticky..This way wont get buried
Works this time. Should we just try to get all posts in here that are not newsbot a sticky? Or maybe newsbot in its own and member started posts separate? We can always respond to the newsbot threads in the member thread. I know , this should now be in ideas / suggestion thread.

Members online

Latest posts