BJ Coleman released

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I hope they bring back Matt Flynn ;)
Edit: Seneca Wallace :eek: O.K.....
Do you guys think he is better than Vince Young ?
Better in the NFL, yes. Young's got the flash but unsteady production. Seneca was a great backup in Seattle for many years and while it seems like he should be older he's only 33.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Damn. I thought the Packers read this post
So here’s my ... suggestion for QB depth after Rodgers: Randal Cobb and then Micah Hyde.
and decided it was a good idea! ;):D

Seriously, I was surprised by the degree of bad QB play by Harrell and Coleman this preseason. Both received a lot of "schooling" and a lot of opportunities so I'm glad they moved on rather than cling to the "security" of keeping a QB who knows the system. And Young was never given a chance - as Thompson almost said, its his fault he wasn't in Green Bay earlier. Even so, I doubt he would have been a fit for the system.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

so if the critisism is valid that they never brought in Young soon enough, where is the logic of bringing in a new back up QB a week before the season starts ??or am I missing something here ??

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Wallace is a more accurate passer and fits in the Packers offense better than Young.

D

Dan115

Both Wallace and Scott Tolzien, who’s on the Packers’ practice squad, were with the 49ers until last week. They know the 9ers O better than the Packers O.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so if the critisism is valid that they never brought in Young soon enough, where is the logic of bringing in a new back up QB a week before the season starts ??or am I missing something here ??

Excellent statement..

Just tossing out reasons why, not saying they are true.

I think they realized VY needed a lot more time to graps the playbook and they just didnt have the time..TT in an interviewed basically said he should have got VY in a lot sooner..

Wallace has been in a few different systems and (if not mistaken) started for Holmgrens version of the west coast..

So chances are he can pick up the playbook faster than VY was going to..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack and 9'ers run similar offensive systems, Wallace should do well here. As for Coleman, his release was inevitable with the release of both Harrell and Young.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Pack and 9'ers run similar offensive systems, Wallace should do well here. As for Coleman, his release was inevitable with the release of both Harrell and Young.

Wallace was in Frisco for a week

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think VY was going to ever pick up the playbook. He is more of a backyard street baller. Run a basic package and improv a lot.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Excellent statement..

Just tossing out reasons why, not saying they are true.

I think they realized VY needed a lot more time to graps the playbook and they just didnt have the time..TT in an interviewed basically said he should have got VY in a lot sooner..

Wallace has been in a few different systems and (if not mistaken) started for Holmgrens version of the west coast..

So chances are he can pick up the playbook faster than VY was going to..
Thanks, I just can`t understand it but I guess I`m not a coach. Now people have explained the West Coast Offense thing, I sort of get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

12theTruth

To give Tolzien an extended tryout while they pick his brain for the game this week. After that he may be an albatross unless he shows potential.

Maybe, but McCarthy seemed pretty excited to have Tolzien on the squad judging by his comments. I personally think Tolzien wouldn't have the mobility especially taking into consideration the Packers O-line effectiveness. Maybe the Packers address it in next years draft. I just don't see Coleman being brought back.

TallPackersFan96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's inconsistent, wildly so. Could be immature, could be a head case...dunno on that score.
You know thinking back I think there was some schlub who played ball for the Pack who earned the nickname the Gun Slinger who was so inconsistent, when the ball left his hand no one knew whether it was going to be an interception or a catch. Can't quite remember his name though. In any case I liked what I saw in Coleman, he needs polish but he's willing to take risks.

Members online