Bishop tailgating

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just kind of surprised because he's technically at "work" so I didn't know it was okay for them to do that. That's cool they can hang out with the fans though!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldnt think its a huge issue...But isnt he inside the locked gates for the players parking lot? Those people there have parties

L

Lunchboxer

I don't think its a big deal, but i do think it is a little unprofessional.

I dont think its unprofessional. Showing his human side to the fans.

Isnt like he was going to play today. He should be able to tailgate with the fans.

H

HardRightEdge

First, we'd have to assume he was drinking. Just because the gal has a jello shot doesn't mean he isn't throwing back a loose bit of brat.

That said, if he was drinking it is unprofessional, to be sure. Under what circumstances is drinking in the parking lot at the place of work acceptable? No business I'd respect, and no management in their right minds would tolerate it. I suspect if this gets back to management, and it turns out he was doing shots, he'll be told to cut it out.

He's an outstanding inside linebacker, though. I always feel I need to quality an isolated criticism, otherwise it tends to be viewed as a blanket indictment.

Skipping OTAs to dance on TV is also unprofessional and results in reduced snaps.

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it, but I've never made it to a game so seeing this definitely surprised me. It does seem a little unprofessional but his job isn't exactly a conventional job. I thought it was kind of interesting to see though.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't have a problem with it, but I've never made it to a game so seeing this definitely surprised me. It does seem a little unprofessional but his job isn't exactly a conventional job. I thought it was kind of interesting to see though.

It may not be a "conventional job", but some things you just don't allow, and drinking at the workplace is one of them.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think it's a cool jesture to the fans. Now if he was out there getting torn up drunk, then it would be a problem. Letting the fans hang out with a player at a fan level is nice thing to do. Kinda like John Madden going around during tailgateing and eating brats with the fans.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may not be a "conventional job", but some things you just don't allow, and drinking at the workplace is one of them.
You don't own a bar, apparently. :)

I don't see an issue here. I think I would prefer the guy to be helping on the sidelines, helping Smith look at pictures, that kind of thing. But I just don't see anything wrong here. Its like if you are on vacation and you stop in at the restaurant you cook at. If you have a beer with your meal, so what?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember seeing shockey downing beers in one of the team boxes during the Giants super bowl game when he was injured.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally don't have a problem with it. I would assume that the Packers and most teams have a policy against it but I don't think this is an issue worth discussing much. You like to see your players interacting with the fans. Heck, if MM coached better after having a pre-game cocktail or two - I'll pay for the setups all season!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a normal workplace.

And guys who have a day off or after work have a beer or two or maybe a whisky sour or whatever cocktail they like.
So from that perspective why should there be an issue with this?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally don't have a problem with it. I would assume that the Packers and most teams have a policy against it but I don't think this is an issue worth discussing much. You like to see your players interacting with the fans. Heck, if MM coached better after having a pre-game cocktail or two - I'll pay for the setups all season!
Well, yeah.
Of course you wouldn't have a problem with it since you have a beer name as your avatar!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I would prefer the guy to be helping on the sidelines, helping Smith look at pictures, that kind of thing.
"Lesh see here. There are three, no, four, no wait.... wait... Ish gotsh this.... Five? Four? Defenshive guysh there..."
"Desmond. That's the Packer's offense your pointing at."
"Really? Oh yesh... I see... Why ishn't Aaron Roshers playing line backer?"

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Bishop is not downing a jello shot. He is clearly eating a brat/hotdog in a bun-- probably the piece that is missing from the food in his other hand.

Are you all replacement refs? :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vince Lombardi and his wife hosted parties at his house after every home game.

H

HardRightEdge

Lets be clear. I do not expect Packer players to be teetotallers. Drinking at the place of work is an entirely different thing. It's different than having a drink in Lombardi's basement, or T.J. Langs for that matter, or in a local saloon on your own time.

H

HardRightEdge

Desmond Bishop, from what I understand , is also an accomplished chess player....what that has to do with anything...well, you've got me.

We do tend to draft guys who score at the higher end of the Wonderlic scale. If we don't have the highest collective IQ in the league, we're probably close. I don't know what that has do with the topic either, but I thought it's an interesting note nonetheless.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts