Bishop signs with the Vikings

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did interview somewhere didnt he? Things happen that make people change their minds ;)

From another thread where someone mentioned this about Greene..Maybe Greene did get a promise to move up? That is why he wanted out, wanted a promotion

He got an interview somewhere??? I didn't read anything about that. :unsure:

Those Fox and ESPN interviews don't count. ;)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packer fan, if Bishop gets cut by the Vikings, I don't think that leaves any doubt that Ted made the right decision.
As a human being, I feel bad for Bishop. Last pre-season really derailed his career -- he was a pretty solid player up until then.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus you have to factor in all of the years that he had to ride the bench, despite proving in training camp that he deserved to start. His career was shortened on the front and back ends.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Bishop and this is one of the many injuries we've had that makes me want to punch the football injury god smack square in the mouth.

Bishop
Bulaga
Sherrod
Collins
Kampman
Al Harris
Terrance Murphy
Sterling Sharpe

8 careers, or at least seasons, ended for us due to injuries.

H

HardRightEdge

Its about time to punch the field turf inventor in the mouth.

Actually, Lambeau has the DD GrassMaster system, not Field Turf. I believe it is also used on the Packers' outdoor practice fields. It is predominantly natural grass with some plastic filaments stitched in. During the Lambeau tour I took the guide said it's about 2% plastic; the Packers.com web site says 20 million filaments in the Lambeau turf. Some turf expert could verify if those numbers agree up, but not me.

Evidently Philly and Denver use the same system on their game fields.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At my hotel the other week, I bellied up next to a guy who was changing the turf at the Meadowlands. They were already replacing the Field Turf installed the MetLife Stadium to a different brand of turf. There are a bunch of articles from 2010 where the Giants were complaining about the turf causing injuries. Apparently this stuff also wears out quickly. I had no idea how many different brands of synthetic turfs were out there for teams to choose from.

As for Bishop, it sounds like Leslie Frazier has now called him out publicly saying that he needs to get on the field and earn a spot or he's gone.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Lambeau has the DD GrassMaster system, not Field Turf. I believe it is also used on the Packers' outdoor practice fields. It is predominantly natural grass with some plastic filaments stitched in. During the Lambeau tour I took the guide said it's about 2% plastic; the Packers.com web site says 20 million filaments in the Lambeau turf. Some turf expert could verify if those numbers agree up, but not me.

Evidently Philly and Denver use the same system on their game fields.
Philly and Denver!!!! Those 2 teams have had all the injures recently!!!

I think the problem with the field turf and possible this hybrid is the base that it is set upon. That makes the surface extrememly hard and I question its ability to naturally absorb shock instead of transferring it back up the athletes leg.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man kind of makes you feel for the guy. The millions of dollars he has earned playing football allows me to be only so sympathetic, but the he's in a tough spot. Maybe he can pass on the stretching and conditioning excersizes he learned in Green Bay to the guys in Minny?

H

HardRightEdge

Philly and Denver!!!! Those 2 teams have had all the injures recently!!!

I think the problem with the field turf and possible this hybrid is the base that it is set upon. That makes the surface extrememly hard and I question its ability to naturally absorb shock instead of transferring it back up the athletes leg.

If there is an issue with this GrassMaster system I doubt it has to do with the hardness of the field. I've never heard anybody complain on that score and it is supposed to be 97-98% grass, so it has a grass-growing base.

What I would question is it's resistance to "divoting" and that it might be prone to having a cleat get stuck on an awkward hit. If so, this would account for the number of knee and ankle issues we seem to accumulate. All-grass may have just enough give and or put up a divot on an odd hit to prevent cleat-sticking to avoid some of these injuries. This is just a conjecture; the kind of micro affect that might be at play would be very hard to measure.

This GrassMaster system is very popular in Europe for soccer pitches, particularly among the elite English teams...Manchester United, Arsenel, et. al. use it. However, soccer players are not often subject to high/low or twisting tackles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts