Bishop signs with the Vikings

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will rank somewhere between 20 and 25. Nobody ouside of Clay Matthews scares anybody. Hopeflly we can score alot of points.

Upper Dorsimus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Dorsimus

You used waaay too much logic and sense in your first post. Hang around for a while and that'll change in time :D
Thanks for the welcome!
I look forward to the conversations here, seems to be some dedicated and knowledgeable peeps frequenting this forum.

I must warn you...I took the purple pill as a lad.:laugh: I don't begrudge the Pack though, they had a lot of lean years until that trade with Atlanta and they've kept it rolling since. They have a great system in place. Now that the Viking ownership has seemingly figured some things out I look forward to a few years of epic battles within this division. It has a real sibling quality to me. The Vikes are the current little brother.......

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!
I look forward to the conversations here, seems to be some dedicated and knowledgeable peeps frequenting this forum.

I must warn you...I took the purple pill as a lad.:laugh: I don't begrudge the Pack though, they had a lot of lean years until that trade with Atlanta and they've kept it rolling since. They have a great system in place. Now that the Viking ownership has seemingly figured some things out I look forward to a few years of epic battles within this division. It has a real sibling quality to me. The Vikes are the current little brother.......
Oh, another Viking fan who's not a troll! Holy Crap! About time. It was getting lonely around here.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and by the same math, if the Packers hadn't gotten screwed out of the Seattle game, we would still be one up on the Vikings and division winners! ;)

Or if we didn't blow an 18 point halftime lead against the Colts...

All this "Mine is bigger than yours" crap is getting old. The fact is Spielman is doing a helluva job with the Vikings. If Ponder makes the leap they're hoping he makes this year, that team could be difficult for a long time to come.

Upper Dorsimus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, another Viking fan who's not a troll! Holy Crap! About time. It was getting lonely around here.
Yeah, to me the NFC North/Central is like a tribe and the teams are just different clans. If the Vikings aren't in it I pull for the North team who is... (not nearly as emphatically mind you). Still, the tougher the division the better.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The defense will rank somewhere between 20 and 25. Nobody ouside of Clay Matthews scares anybody. Hopeflly we can score alot of points.

So......we added even more weapons on defense and we still have CM3 and many others and we have those back from injury and YOU think we are going to drop 9 - 14 spots on defensive rankings......WOW.....and I thought I had little faith.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So......we added even more weapons on defense and we still have CM3 and many others and we have those back from injury and YOU think we are going to drop 9 - 14 spots on defensive rankings......WOW.....and I thought I had little faith.

I know my opinion is rather subjective and not supported by much in the way of evidence, but it just didn't feel to me like the Packers were the 11th best defense in the NFL last year. There was slight improvement from 2011 debacle of a defense, but not that much.

What evidence there is I guess is the fact that certain teams blew us out: 9ers, Giants, and the Indy debacle. MN made hay of our defense in the last game and then we contained their offense with Webb at QB during the playoffs who was absolutely pathetic.

I'm hoping this year is the real leap.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What "weapons" did we add on defense? and please don't say Dante Jones or any other rookie because they havn't played a single defensive snap yet. Ok, so maybe we won't drop that far but we are still going to need to score alot of points..just my opinion for now. Huge question marks at SS, rolb, and mlb leave me concerned.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge question marks at SS, rolb, and mlb leave me concerned.
...and this is where a lot of us diverge.

To you these are "huge" question marks. To the rest of us they are concerns. Teams like the Vikings had a "huge" question mark at ILB, and still do even with the signing of Bishop. They were planning to move Erin Henderson inside. While the Packers are in a similar situation with Brad Jones, at least Jones has played the position. That's not a huge question to me, it's more of a question of whether we have studs at each spot.

SS and ROLB are also not "huge" questions to me. Perry should be back and we've got several options at SS. We aren't looking at starting rookies in those spots, we just don't have Pro Bowlers there. I can live with those deficiencies without being too concerned. I'd love to have great players there but by no means do I think we are in trouble. We're an average defense with the ability to play better or worse. I love football.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bishop says the opportunity of playing against Rogers was one of the motivations for signing with the Vikes. I like 6'5" Finley or 6'4" Quarless over the middle against Bishop--even if he's 100%. The only thing that might save Bishop will be the corners the Vikes will start. There probably will be no need to throw over the middle against that defense.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bishop signed for $1.35 million, a huge hit from the $4.6 million he was due this year with the Packers. He's not 100%, that's for sure.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and that was the best offer that he got, because everyone else offered the pure minimum and would have restricted his free agent status at the end of the 2013 season

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And all for a player who didn't play a snap last season.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
What "weapons" did we add on defense? and please don't say Dante Jones or any other rookie because they havn't played a single defensive snap yet. Ok, so maybe we won't drop that far but we are still going to need to score alot of points..just my opinion for now. Huge question marks at SS, rolb, and mlb leave me concerned.

Dante Jones:p

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be better but we won't be a shutdown defense for sure. I'm hoping that I don't have to see KP and Griffin run loose, better tackling and a rush from someone other than Clay.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We should be better but we won't be a shutdown defense for sure. I'm hoping that I don't have to see KP and Griffin run loose, better tackling and a rush from someone other than Clay.

Will keep this post so when they end up being a shutdown defense, it will serve as a reminder to others to dont say for sure, or guarantee

JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Will keep this post so when they end up being a shutdown defense, it will serve as a reminder to others to dont say for sure, or guarantee

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I'm sure I shouldn't have used an absolute term but I'm pretty sure they won't be a Seattle type defense. :unsure:

Speaking of predictions, When is Kevin Greene leaving. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure I shouldn't have used an absolute term but I'm pretty sure they won't be a Seattle type defense. :unsure:

Speaking of predictions, When is Kevin Greene leaving. ;)

He did interview somewhere didnt he? Things happen that make people change their minds ;)

From another thread where someone mentioned this about Greene..Maybe Greene did get a promise to move up? That is why he wanted out, wanted a promotion

I thought someone mentioned that he was planning on departing (this is from before the season) if he didn't get some kind of promotion.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a good utube on Greene. Must be narrated by buggybill
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts