1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bishop signs with the Vikings

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Shawnsta3, Jun 11, 2013.

1. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +619 / 14 / -10
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,541 / 86 / -26
    Minnesota is green bays retirement home.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    And Bishop will probably rack up 2o tackles and a couple of sacks against us.
  4. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,217 / 18 / -7
    OR he might get injured AGAIN !
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    There's always that chance of course. Some said Cullen Jenkins and Nick Barnett were injury prone when they were let go. We'll see how this all works out.
  6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,217 / 18 / -7
    I honestly think Ted knew what he was doing releasing him. I wish him all the best for the future though :tup:
  7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -11
    I love this. Did Bishop say he was going to visit the Vikings? Nope. Did his agent say it? Nope. But since a bunch of talking heads said it, it must be true. I'll laugh like hell if he never visits the Vikings. (Although I think he will.)

Edit: Well I guess Bishop did say he would visit the Vikings.
    • Old Old x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Boy this just must be a case where TT/MM know something no one else does about his health. I pray this isn't purely based on salary.This is going to hurt if he comes in and has a good season with the Vikings or Bears, because man we need an ILBer that isn't a puss. This is tough...keeping Hawk over Bishop is tough to swallow...have to trust those guys are sure of what they're doing.

On another note...we now have no depth at either Inside or Outside Linebacker. Unless I'm missing something...maybe we're assuming that after leading the league in injuries two of the last three years we're due for an injury-free season? Just doesn't make sense to me with this team being as injury prone as it is but..."In Ted We Trust" ...I guess.

Sorry if I seem pessemistic...just my initial reaction is...well...negative.
  9. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well given the two examples I provided, Ted doesn't always know best.
  10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832 / 175 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    Mlb is now our weakest position great. I hope Bishop makes the darn pro bowl. Giviing up on some solid playes smh
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,217 / 18 / -7
    I accept your point :tup:
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Bishop admitted it himself!!!

EVERYONE KNOWS the Vikings will scoop up any possible Packer player they can, here's yet another example. You can stop denying it now.
    • Old Old x 1
  13. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -11
    Nice job of taking out my edit were I stated that Bishop did say he was going to visit the Vikings. Which by the way, I edited and posted within two minutes of the original post. Almost two hours before your post.

Any team will take good players that other teams cut. Hell, half of Seattle's team came from the Vikings.
    • Old Old x 1
  14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Heath Farwell and Sidney Rice? Who else?
    You stole Steve Hutchinson from them, also took Nate Burleson.

Count the Packers scooped up by the Vikings.......
  15. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -11
    Rice, Harvin, Farwell, Winfield, T. Jackson and O Coordinator D. Bevell, who MN took from Green Bay. Well maybe not half the team.

Burleson was drafted by the Vikings, signed with Seattle in a poison pill deal to get back at the Vikings for the poison pill deal on Hutchinson. He left Seattle and is now in Detroit.

BTW, Seattle currently has more ex-Packers on their team then MN. Breno Giacomini, Will Blackmon, and Brett Swain. Vikings currently have, Jennings.
  16. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Except against us ;)
  17. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Not feeling the system fit.
    If Min uses him as a MLB it's actually pretty possible
    ...? What have Jenkins and Barnett done since they left? Throw in Bigby and Peprah while you're at it...
  18. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +758 / 15 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    I guess if we were going to head down this road, I wish we would've kept DJ Smith and his modest salary around. ILB depth is a little concerning.
  19. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Your use of the word "currently" is both clever and lawyerly. That's supposed to make me forget that the Vikings franchise is relegated to picking through the Packers trash year after year to attempt to compete with them? No.

I don't blame them for tryin to improve their roster BTW, I just think it's pathetic.
  20. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    I'll preface this with I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what is what. However, this is how I saw the injury described over at CheeseheadTV by someone claiming to be a former strength and conditioning coach this way:

Again, I'm not qualified to speak about he injury in any formal capacity, but this seems plausible. This team has a track record of patience with injuries, unless it feels like they're more severe and possibly career ending. Considering Bishop wasn't able to participate in OTA's due to injuries with the hamstring, it's possible the team feels this injury was bad enough to where they have to let him go, and possibly take a flyer on him sometime mid-season, should they need it and he be available.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -11
    Trash? Longwell. Yup he sucked after the Vikings picked him up. How many kickers did the Packers go through because they didn't want to pay him? What I find funny is that Packer fans think that certain other teams should not look at and sign players the Packers no longer want. Just about every Packer player the Vikings have signed has done well for the Vikings. Sharper, yup he was trash as well. And Bryce Paup, well he went to the Bills first. Oh, wait, Packers didn't want to pay him. Defensive player of the year in his first year with the Bills. Bucky Scribner. Packers didn't want to pay him either. Gilbert Brown. Oh wait, that one went the other way.

It's a business. Plain and simple. You try to get the best players for your team. And if one suits your needs you sign him. It matters not what team they came from. Except the Packers. After all, every player on the Packers was drafted by them, right?
    • Old Old x 1
  22. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832 / 175 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think TT and co. are giving up to early on Bishop. My only hope is that when teams start cutting guy's before the season that we can find some quality or a diamond in the rough at MLB.
  23. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,052 / 47 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    As SpartaChris noted, it's being widely reported that Bishop's hamstring prevented him from OTA's and minicamp. I guarantee that half of you monkeys would be accusing TT of throwing money away on another injured player had Bishop started the season on the PUP list or reinjured the hamstring.

I'm fully behind this move. Our forums have been filled with "fans" accusing the team of having a terrible medical staff. Here the organization makes a move to rid itself of a big injury risk and we crucify them anyway.

While I agree that we lack both depth and elite players at ILB, I don't think that keeping Bishop was the answer. I'd rather see Green Bay have the roster space to acquire a veteran ILB or find a young buck (like Bishop once was) without a significant injury.
  24. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +712 / 17 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +712 / 17 / -0