Bills say they will not trade Lynch to Packers

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
source: Sporting news

• published thursday, sep 16, 2010 at 1:09 pm edt
  • last updated 5 hours and 31 minutes ago

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
sporting news

the bills have no interest in trading rb marshawn lynch to the green bay packers, the inside the bills blog reports.
Some expect the packers to try to acquire a running back to replace starter ryan grant, who is out for the season with an ankle injury. The bills appear to be a logical trading partner since they have three talented backs – rookie c.j. Spiller, fred jackson and lynch.
In fact, packers qb aaron rodgers, lynch's college teammate at california, endorsed green bay's potential acquisition of lynch, despite lynch's off-field issues.
"he's a great player," rodgers told the green bay press-gazette. "any character issues that a team might see, in a situation like that, and you've seen that with different players across the league, when you give a change of scenery, and a guy like that who might feel like he has something to prove, and surround him with two guys, (linebacker desmond) bishop and myself who played with him (at california), that can only help him feel comfortable and see a lot of production."
but the bills want to keep their trio of backs intact, a stance articulated by gm buddy nix the weekend of the 2010 nfl draft, according to the blog on the team's official web site.
"our intention is for marshawn lynch to be here," nix said in april. "he is under contract and we think he is a good back. All this trade talk is not coming from us. He is ours and we intend for him to be here."
head coach chan gailey said he wants to keep all three players as well. "this is a situation in the nfl where you can't have too many good running backs," gailey said.

Read more: Bills say they will not trade Lynch to Packers - NFL - Sporting News

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well dammit. That would of helped us out FOR SURE!

Oh well, lets move on to the next RB we had in our sights!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they probably won't feel any different about the situation after we beat the **** out of them this weekend either.

soul vice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy to keep the media from going into a frenzy while they make their offer. Although i could be way too optimistic.

Honestly i think that if given the chance, Brandon Jackson can deliver for us. We'll just have to see what happens.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was never an offer made, it was all rumors, and as we know they spread like wildfire due to media such as twitter.

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure the person most disappointed if there's no trade is Lynch. Who wouldn't want to go from a team with no blocking to a championship caliber team?

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When reading the article, note that Nix's comments are from April. His job is to make sure they win, and after week two, they'll be off to a terrible start.

I'm sure there have been talks, since this is a move that could benefit both teams, however, whether a deal has/will be reached won't be known for a little bit longer. Week 3 they play the Pats, Week 4 they play the Jets. Marshawn Lynch isn't doing anything for them on the bench! Starting the season 0-4 isn't the way for a coach and GM to be looking out for their jobs...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills are stupid. Turning down a reported 3rd round pick for a #3 RB with character issues? Not saying I think he would be a good fit for us but I think its in their best interest to part with him before they end up cutting him.

Worst run organization in the NFL? Buffalo Oakland Detroit or Tampa?

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK so the consensus is: after Tuesday if nothing has come of this then the Bills have either A) Asked too much or B) being stupid again and digging a deeper hole for their franchise or c) this info is false and nothing more than a rumor :bomb:

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are trying to play hard ball, plus this game couldn't have come at a worse time.

Marshawn is going to go to the Bills FO and beg for a trade on monday morning.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been cheering for the Bills for years now along side the Packers because they are the closest team to my location but damn they their management sucks and are really pissing me off now considering these trade rumors now hahaha.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they play the hell outta marshawn this weekend and we play hawk.... and then i hope hawk stuffs lynch all DAY long... then what would they do, they would almost have to give him to us

Members online

Latest posts