Bills Fan Here

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I guess I missed something. The Packers would give up #5 and the Bills would keep their #8? So the Bills would have a #5  AND Walker? BULL $hit!!

That's a 5th round pick and an 8th round pick - not picks 5 and 8 in the 1st round.

OP
OP
W

W-McGahee21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
It seems the Bills aren't that interested in making a deal with GB.

Monday, March 27

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

WHO INTERESTED
Eric Moulds
Bills Texans
Patriots?
Broncos?
Eagles?

THE SKINNY
Moulds market taking shape
<Mar. 27> The Texans are aggressively pursuing a trade for Moulds, the Houston Chronicle reports. Moulds, unwilling to accept a pay cut to stay in Buffalo, has been given permission by the Bills to seek a trade.
"We're exploring an opportunity for Eric to play for the Texans," said Greg Johnson, one of Moulds' representatives. "If all sides can see eye to eye, we'll make it happen.

"But everyone has to see eye to eye."

Before Moulds can be moved, a team would have to negotiate a new contract with the wide receiver. Moulds' destination of choice appears to be Philadelphia, but it's doubtful the Eagles would be willing to meet his financial demands, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. Moulds, who is scheduled to make $7.1 million this season, is seeking a deal similar to the one Isaac Bruce received from the Rams (3 years, $15 million).

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," Johnson told the Daily News. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan [McNabb]."

The Patriots and Broncos are also believed to be in the mix for Moulds.

Source

Yeah we on the Buffalo boards read that, and someone else got information that the Eagles were only offering the Bills a 4th round pick for him. That doesnt seem like too juicy of an offer. The Texans offered a DT and a 3rd round pick.

If I were Marv Levy I would be trying to work out numbers with GB rather than the Eagles.

OP
OP
W

W-McGahee21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this offer has really taken place, I would
assume this deal should be done by the end
of the week.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to keep things clear:

BUFFALO GETS:
Javon Walker
5th ROUND pick (2006)

GB GETS:
Eric Moulds
3rd ROUND pick (2006)
4th ROUND pick (2007)

The real stopper to this deal is GB would have to negtiate a contract with Moulds before the deal would go through. He is looking at something in the area of 3 years 15 million.
#1 He is not worth that.
#2 How many deals has TT done worth that amount?......0
The best I can see TT offering Moulds is 1 yr 1 mill. with some incentives.
Don't think that is going to happen. But I can dream.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the years in NFL contracts dont mean much. how is TOs 7 year deal or whaever looking like?

How is Diggs contract looking. Guys get cut when contracts are backloaded.

Id sign him for 3-4 years, with a backloaded contract, just gotta make sure the bonus isnt too big.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You trade the contracts. Moulds is over 6 million in salary for 2006. The picks compensate for the high price. The signing bonus is accelerated to Buffalo (so the Packers don't pay). Green Bay could cut Moulds after each year and gain cap room at no cost. It could be looked at as a year to year deal. No need for a new contract right away. The Packers have the room.

There can be conditions on the picks. It's all part of the negotiations.

Remember like a wilting flower Walker's value goes down every day until zero at the trade deadline. Why do you want to keep him? You will get more games out of Moulds than Walker. Think!! Walker is leaving and he is not coming back. Do you want nothing in return??

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The deal is absolutely great. Think about it, were getting an extra draft pick, getting rid of a guy who can sit and still get paid, a draft pick next year, oh yeah and by the way, a guy named ERIC MOULDS!!!

I'm usually a more conservative Packers GM (hehe) but in this case I think the Pack needs to bite on it immediatly

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I just now read this thread and wasn't aware of the trade rumor until 15 minutes ago. If it's true, I think it's a great deal.

Best case scenario with Javon, at this point, is that he comes to camp on time, has a monster year, and then leaves in the offseason.

Worst case-T.O. type scenario.

Everybody makes very good points about the contract - Moulds' that is. The Bills are on the hook for the signing bonus, so we would essentially be on a year to year deal with him. It's like leasing an apartment with the option to renew.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
I just now read this thread and wasn't aware of the trade rumor until 15 minutes ago. If it's true, I think it's a great deal.

Best case scenario with Javon, at this point, is that he comes to camp on time, has a monster year, and then leaves in the offseason.

Worst case-T.O. type scenario.

Everybody makes very good points about the contract - Moulds' that is. The Bills are on the hook for the signing bonus, so we would essentially be on a year to year deal with him. It's like leasing an apartment with the option to renew.

Do you think our brass would allow the zoo that went on in Philly to invade Packer Camp?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts