Bills Fan Here

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
W-McGahee21 said:
figtab said:
[quote="W-McGahee21":2fgfszfj]
figtab said:
The only reason Javon is good is because of favre. favre even said javon is or was his favorite target. a receiver is nothing without a good QB.

I'm not going to agree with that. Arizona had 3 QB's last season and two different 1000 yd recievers...

Yeah there QB's were actually good well McCown and Warner were and u cant say they had three QB's because navvare barely played plus mccown and warner are wayyyyy better than lossman

I'm not going to argue with you about this but....

Thats just not true. If Warner can't win the starting job from McCown
(a McCown will never be productive in the NFL) he's obviously lost
his touch. I'm not going to say that JP is better but I'm not agreeing that
he is worse. I obviously cant bring up your QB situation and I'm
quite sorry now that I brought up Buffalo's.

Anyway thats not what this topic is about. I just wanted some info on
Javon's progress and whether or not GB fans or the organization would
enjoy this deal.[/quote:2fgfszfj]

Im not trying to argue i am just saying this because i really dislike javon right now because he is being a baby back b**ch about his contract.

Reaction score
W-McGahee21, you really have some class. Nice to see more posters like you coming onto this board.

As far as J-Walk's rehab is concerned, he apparently is right on schedule, according to his agent. So take that for what it is worth.

OP
OP
W

W-McGahee21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
W-McGahee21, you really have some class. Nice to see more posters like you coming onto this board.

As far as J-Walk's rehab is concerned, he apparently is right on schedule, according to his agent. So take that for what it is worth.

Much obliged. Stemming from one of your other topics,
it doesnt seem the Packers much want to part ways with Javon...
I do think it would be in their best intrest to do so. Under the CBA he
could potentially sit out and still get paid.

And also, on Eric being a headcase. Those feelings couldnt be
more inaccurate.
First you must understand HIS situation.

Here's a guy who has the largest and most deserving contract
on the team.

Since being drafted in 1996, he has played under 3 (now 4)
different head coaches. He has played with 7 different starting QB's.

Since 2000, he has taken 2 pay cuts to help this team succeed.

He was actually BENCHED during a late season game last year
after the first quarter for being "underproductive."

Lee Evans had 3 TD catches in that first quarter.

He refused to play the last game of the season under a
head coach whom nobody in the locker room respected, and who
eventually QUIT on the entire team shortly after season's end.

A little compassion for EMO?

Also, I just learned the Texans and Eagles are seeking
trades for Moulds also.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AS good as Javon has showed he can be, he has clearly stated he doesn't want to play in GB.
Eric Moulds has been a great reciever for Buffalo, but feels he is being dis-respected there.
Gb gets to move up two rounds this year and picks up an extra 4th next year, it looks good to me.
The big question is what Moulds would want moneywise to play in GB. TT seems to be signing players to one year deals, would he(TT) spend enough money to make Moulds happy?
With the signing of Boerigter, this trade would give Brett 5 veteran receivers to work with.
DD,Moulds, Rod Gardner,Boerigtor, and Ferguson.
If all played up to their potentials the question might soon become, is there enough balls to go around to make everyone happy.
I say get it done TT and watch for Brett to show up within a week licking his chops, ready to go in 2006.
I am an optimist, our rb's are all coming back from injuries, some worse then others, but I believe after last years injury debacle that this will be our year to avoid huge injuries.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon people!!

The Bills asked Moulds for reduction in salary and he declined. That does not make him a "head case" or a bad teammate.

Moulds would be a good addition. He would like to have Favre throwing to him.

Moulds has 9096 yards in 10 seasons. 909.6 a year is a consistantly high performer with few injuries.

Walker in 4 years 2444 yards or 611 yards a year. Walker has one of the lowest Wonderlic scores and is coming off injury.

Then to make up difference in ages, a 5th round traded for a 3rd this year(Buffalo has 2 either 3rd or 8th in the round) and a 4th next year.
Buffalo absorbs the cap acceleration on Moulds.
Big bonus is you get rid of One-Season-Walker and his disruptions.

A deal has to benefit both teams and this one could do it. Buffalo gets a younger cheaper receiver. The Packers get 2-3 years out of a good receiver they would not get from Walker plus picks. I think that is a good salvage job and Thompson gets 2 picks for the price of a lower one.

I would be very pleased.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the relationship with Walker cannot be salvaged (and it doesn't look like it can be) then this is a pretty good trade i.e. to a non-conference team with a pretty good player and two fairly high draft picks (which we all know TT covets) for a guy who doesn't want to be in GB and is coming off a major injury.

I have to disagree though who said that Walker is only good because of Brett. There were a bunch of times 2 years ago where Javon made Brett look good by catching one of those jump balls thrown into double coverage that no one seemed to catch last year. Walker is a talent and if he's able to come back from the injury, he'll be a star in Buffalo like he was in GB.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love these two teams trading like this...the two best WR's on the trade market could swap teams (I love seeing the Eagles getting screwed over, cause they need a wide out)

Moulds is getting up in years, but would be a nice complement next to Driver

Moulds and a 3rd and I'll say a conditional 3rd or 4th in '07 for Walker would do it for me, Moulds and a second would be a reach IMO...the deal as is is a little too unbalanced, and confusing, with the swappage of picks, and i don't think we should have to forefit a pick (and should gain one or two) for taking a player that is about five years older

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Moulds has 9096 yards in 10 seasons. 909.6 a year is a consistantly high performer with few injuries.

Walker in 4 years 2444 yards or 611 yards a year. Walker has one of the lowest Wonderlic scores and is coming off injury.
You did a good job at shaping the statistics in order to get a better case for Moulds, I will give you that.

And for the record, the WPT is about as significant in the NFL as Favre's backups are.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
BAD DEAL! If the news is true, then the Bills will probably release Moulds later on anyways. I wouldn't do it, we could get a BIG difference maker for the D at #5. I'd rather keep the #5 pick, and trade J-Walk straight up.

5th round not 5th pick

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of like it. Anything we can do to add first day picks in this draft will help, it is very deep in our neediest areas, LB and G. The kind of draft you can use to build a championship team in 3 years and WR are not that hard to find. Besides with Rodgers throwing I doubt our WR numbers are as good and I like Rodgers but he is no Favre.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

You did a good job at shaping the statistics in order to get a better case for Moulds, I will give you that.

And for the record, the WPT is about as significant in the NFL as Favre's backups are.

I agree, the stats are solid, but with Moulds, I look at '10 seasons' almost as much as 900+ yards per year.

Moulds would be a reliable target, I'd love to see what he would do for us on 3rd downs, you know this guy's seen every defense that NFL DC's can throw at you, he could find soft spots in any zone, get a big catch for us, but at the same time--look at the resources we put into Javon Walker--we gave up a 2nd and used a first round pick to draft him, if he is healthy he will still be a dangerous reciever for many years--Moulds has a few productive years left at best.

After looking at this I'd like to see us trade Walker to a team NOT straight up for a wide-out, I think we could possibly get a 2nd and a 4th for him, maybe Philly, or another team that needs a reciever--because there is not much of a market out there. Also we don't need a reciever that badly. Driver, Gardner, Boeritger as our top three--hopefully Murphy or Ferguson can step in and contribute as well--I'd be alright with draft picks

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
I agree, the stats are solid, but with Moulds, I look at '10 seasons' almost as much as 900+ yards per year.
You missed my point completely.

First off, Moulds has been the Bills number one for many years now with no competition. JWalk has hardly been that, what with his little experience in the league and the fact that he really hasn't needed to be the number one target.

In four seasons at GB JWalk has had 2,444 yards, which is 611 yards per season. What that guy doesn't tell you is that he includes the 2005 season where we all know he went down in the first game with a season-ending injury, recording only four catches in that game. Moulds has not gone a season playing in less than 13 games. Some people would say that is Moulds being resistant to injury, but I say it is more luck than anything else.

Secondly, JWalk averages 51 yards per game since he has played in the NFL, while Moulds puts up 59. I would more attribute this again to JWalk's short time in the league (read: less time being the number one target). He will significantly increase this average in a few years.

The stat that you should be looking at is yards per catch, which is 15.5 and 13.5 for JWalk and Moulds, respectively. Moulds, a seasoned veteran and number one receiver for the Bills for a number of years now, averages two yards less than the new kid (Notables: R. Moss--16; TO--14.7; Harrison--13.3; Rice--14.8 ).

As you can see, JWalk has as good if not better numbers already in his short career than some of the best receivers to ever play the game. Whoever did the yards per season stat, again congrats on disguising the stats in your favor, but yards per season is one of the worst statistics I have ever seen. By the way in 1997 Jerry Rice had 78 yards for the whole season. I guess that makes him the worst receiver in the history of the NFL, right?

Also, while there is a Bills fan here, what is the story with Nate Clemens? Has he been resigned or what? If not, why isn't there any talk about signing him instead of Woodson? If so, ESPN really need to update their free agent tracker.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with ToPackerFan. If he, in fact, is not going to play I would trade him. Otherwise we just let him sit without anybody to replace him this year and get zip for him after this year.

I'm not crazy about this deal but it beats nothing. I mean we get nothing out of him this year if he sit's and nothing out of him next year cause he's gone.

Especially since we don't know when or how well he will play when he does recover.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think this would be a great deal. this could solidify the WR for Favre...then all we would have to focus on is our O-line. i like it

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
JavonWalker084 said:
You missed my point completely.

Secondly, JWalk averages 51 yards per game since he has played in the NFL, while Moulds puts up 59. I would more attribute this again to JWalk's short time in the league (read: less time being the number one target). He will significantly increase this average in a few years.

The stat that you should be looking at is yards per catch, which is 15.5 and 13.5 for JWalk and Moulds, respectively. Moulds, a seasoned veteran and number one receiver for the Bills for a number of years now, averages two yards less than the new kid (Notables: R. Moss--16; TO--14.7; Harrison--13.3; Rice--14.8 ).

As you can see, JWalk has as good if not better numbers already in his short career than some of the best receivers to ever play the game. Whoever did the yards per season stat, again congrats on disguising the stats in your favor, but yards per season is one of the worst statistics I have ever seen. By the way in 1997 Jerry Rice had 78 yards for the whole season. I guess that makes him the worst receiver in the history of the NFL, right?

I did miss your point, you're just crunching too many numbers for me to notice a definite for or against. Are we trading for this guy based on lifetime achievement or what he's going to do in 2006

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I was misunderstood.

This is a salvage trade. Walker is in the last year of contract and not likely to return.

Getting something is better than a disgruntled guy and bad press. Moulds will give more years to Green Bay than Walker will.

Again think salvage. This is pulling a deal out the fire before it burns up.
At the end of the trading deadline Walker is worthless.

You may not like it but the Packers get a qualified WR in return who will likely play more games than a holdout WR.

This looks like the best deal out there for both teams. How does standing pat help the Packers?

This is a salvage operation of a comodity with a limited lifespan in Green Bay. Get what you can while you still can.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Perhaps I was misunderstood.

This is a salvage trade. Walker is in the last year of contract and not likely to return.

Getting something is better than a disgruntled guy and bad press. Moulds will give more years to Green Bay than Walker will.

Again think salvage. This is pulling a deal out the fire before it burns up.
At the end of the trading deadline Walker is worthless.

You may not like it but the Packers get a qualified WR in return who will likely play more games than a holdout WR.

This looks like the best deal out there for both teams. How does standing pat help the Packers?

This is a salvage operation of a comodity with a limited lifespan in Green Bay. Get what you can while you still can.

This I can definitely agree with...though Eric Moulds certainly is a good piece to trade for, I think Walker can get us some high picks...Eric Moulds would be alright, because I dont want Walker around for this season--he can only cause more trouble

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
I did miss your point, you're just crunching too many numbers for me to notice a definite for or against. Are we trading for this guy based on lifetime achievement or what he's going to do in 2006
The only thing you can base it on is lifetime achievement. You can't just assume that a player is going to perform well for you in the next season. Every player has a bad season once in a while. But, you cross your fingers and hope, based on his lifetime stats, that he will tend to gravitate towards his lifetime achievement numbers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker is the one coming off of an injury. Moulds has been healthy... Walker has more upside but we're getting a higher pick. 3rd round pick this year would be great and a 4th next year would help as well..

It's not a horrible deal.. but I don't think it happens. It's actually way more than what I thought we'd get for him.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the Bills aren't that interested in making a deal with GB.

Monday, March 27

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

WHO INTERESTED
Eric Moulds
Bills Texans
Patriots?
Broncos?
Eagles?

THE SKINNY
Moulds market taking shape
<Mar. 27> The Texans are aggressively pursuing a trade for Moulds, the Houston Chronicle reports. Moulds, unwilling to accept a pay cut to stay in Buffalo, has been given permission by the Bills to seek a trade.
"We're exploring an opportunity for Eric to play for the Texans," said Greg Johnson, one of Moulds' representatives. "If all sides can see eye to eye, we'll make it happen.

"But everyone has to see eye to eye."

Before Moulds can be moved, a team would have to negotiate a new contract with the wide receiver. Moulds' destination of choice appears to be Philadelphia, but it's doubtful the Eagles would be willing to meet his financial demands, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. Moulds, who is scheduled to make $7.1 million this season, is seeking a deal similar to the one Isaac Bruce received from the Rams (3 years, $15 million).

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," Johnson told the Daily News. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan [McNabb]."

The Patriots and Broncos are also believed to be in the mix for Moulds.

Source

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado35, my friend the reason is quite simple:

Moulds got a call from TT and he got the following asked "by the way are you coming back from a serious injury?", Moulds answered "no", TT asked "did you warmed the bench for the last couple of seasons?", Moulds answered "no", TT asked one more time "will you sign a one year deal for a little, little bit over the vets minimum?", Moulds answered "no way", then TT told him "Ok sorry to bother you but you really wont fill any of the qualifications that we are asking for the new Green Bay players"

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My vote:

Do it.

Please.

I don't want to go into camp with Walker on this team. He's dead to me.

Personally, I think Favre and Moulds could be HUGE together. JMHO.

Good fit.

But yeah---Don't see TT making this move. Makes too much sense. lol. That and, how many times do we hear about potential deals in any sport, and then see them go through?...Rarely.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get so frustrated sometimes because we spend 4 pages talking and getting all excited about someone possibly signing with the packers, when they probably wont. I wish TT made himself a username and joined this forum so we could all talk to him and give him advice,lol jk. No but seriously i do like TT but sometimes i dont understand him.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I missed something. The Packers would give up #5 and the Bills would keep their #8? So the Bills would have a #5 &#8 AND Walker? BULL $hit!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts