1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers Bill Leavy admits officials messed up downs in 49ers-Packers game

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by News Bot, Sep 8, 2013.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -2
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com
  2. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This changed the course of the game. An apology should be issued and the idiot responsible shouldn't be allowed to work a Packers game the rest of this season.
  3. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Wouldn't have mattered if the Claymaker kept his wits about him and didn't late hit, we got what we deserved on this.
  4. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I disagree. The refs still blew the call. Clays bonehead play doesn't give the refs a pass. They almost certainly will receive a failing grade for this stinker they called.
  5. TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The letter of the law doesn't always encompass every situation in a live game. Saying this is a bad call, is like saying it was a good call last year when We gave up a non-touchdown because McCarthy thew a challenge flag, on a "automatically" reviewed play.
  6. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I was more frustrated in the overall non calls that the refs let slide when they were indeed very obvious. McCarthy only called a timeout to give the booth more time to review the play and it appears they still didn't think it was worth looking at closer. That was curious move by the booth in my opinion.
  7. TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I understand, but when your on the road especially you can't expect an 100% fair game, and in any game you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER let the game be decided by the officials. Had MM not accepted the penalty, or had our DB 's been able to cover a soup bowl this wouldnt even be an issue.