1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bill Belichick and his winning way

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanatic, Jan 25, 2005.

1. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Bill Belichick has a very realistic approach to the game and this is why they are a dominating force in the NfL his coaching philosphy is that there are no starters and everyone roates thru play time. Think about it no first second or third string everyone is called on to perform in a semi rotation and this keeps everyone fresh and the 2nd and 3rd string dont warm their asses on the bench and make at least league minimum,. I sure wish the Pack would do this then we could possibly be a dominant team agan now that schotty is gone and we got bates this could be good but i like belichick's style and approach on everyone plays ,,,, no bench warmers agreed ?
  2. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Player Rotation

I think you'll see this "rotation" concept being adopted by more and more teams.
  3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Fritz used to do that with the D all the time.
  4. stuffin

stuffin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Baseball teams who get there subs on the field do better. When Sherman didn't get players into game time situations (ie, Marshall) it cost the team. I have been an advocate of giving the player an oppurtunity to prove themselves. This has been a complaint of mine during Sherman's tenure. Players stay sharp, stay familiar, and feel like they are contributing. Makes things better if the coach has to play a sub due to an injury or whatever.
  5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Makes you wonder if he even bothers with weekly practices that are usually setup for "only" the first string... everyone else plays against the practice squad...

I think there's more to it than just that, though.
    I'll watch the SuperBowl just to see if my suspicions are correct or not, pending the camera will have that much of the field on the screen, that is....
  6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    He does a lot of things right. He keeps his players in check, he makes all the cliches work for him an his team, like how he views a game, its one game, one season.
  7. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An article in the paper called Belichik Lombardi's equal. I was ready to :puke: when I heard that! No one will ever equal Lombardi!
  8. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    you betcha he did but we have not lately hence my opinion on this
    i SURE hope someone from lombardi ave reads this hell ill drive there and ask them to impliment this procedure nd i am sure they will kick me outta there lmao :)