Biggest dissapointment?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K. so #1 is in the books. I expected the Offense to stutter which they did. I was impressed with Ahman Green as he did make the OL look better than they played. I expected the Special Teams to be bad as they were. But for me, the biggest dissapointment was our Defense.
We were supposed to be better. No pressure from the front 4, I kind of expected that, but with our LB corp, I thought we would stop the run better and get some more punts, but we let them convert on 3rd downs all day long. The Pass defense really bothered me. MM was ridiculous. You're the safety, how can you let a guy get that far behind you? Woodson better get better. Right now he's a bill of goods. It's funny that all preseason and this game too, our WR's are covered like blankets, but the opposing teams WR's are always open, and generally wide open. If we are to have any chance this year, the D has got to step it up, no excuses from them.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is your breakdown:

D -has to get a 3 an out every once in awhile.
O- has to throw a little more early in the game
ST -just bad. We need to try to block every punt and just let the ball go out of the endzone
Receivers-can't get seperation...we don't have a #1 Driver is a #2 on most teams
LB's-overrated. they are not good yet
Coaching-was I watching Sherman or this new inovative guy???
Coaching-the challenge was stupid

TT-he has too many young guys who he is hoping will develope. He shares a majority of the blame for this. Woodson $$$$$ WASTED!

Other than that I think we looked great...I mean the field looked great!

80's are reborn!!!!

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
I was happy with Ahman Green also, the Offensive line has a long ways to go, WE really need a vet guard in their. Was not impressed with Clifton I hope he gets his act together or their will be alot of lookout Brett.

Run defense was pretty good, need to improve pass rush, Nick Barnett played well I thought. Hawk played okay he will get better.

Whats got me so pissed right now though is our secondary they looked well just bad MM is slower than I thought, Woodson better improve or he will be just taking up cap space, Harris should be okay, but overall they had better get their act together or they will be getting burned all season.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
Here is your breakdown:

D -has to get a 3 an out every once in awhile.
O- has to throw a little more early in the game
ST -just bad. We need to try to block every punt and just let the ball go out of the endzone
Receivers-can't get seperation...we don't have a #1 Driver is a #2 on most teams
LB's-overrated. they are not good yet
Coaching-was I watching Sherman or this new inovative guy???
Coaching-the challenge was stupid

TT-he has too many young guys who he is hoping will develope. He shares a majority of the blame for this. Woodson $$$$$ WASTED!

Other than that I think we looked great...I mean the field looked great!

80's are reborn!!!!

Good Point

The Playcalling was some of the most ridiculous, awful playcalling that I have seen. It's funny that everyone harps on Sherm's playcalling but that was the same thing only 10X worse.

Jennnings sure was dissapointing. He was just invisible. Right now, he's not a legit 2.

The LB's were bad as usual. I am willing to give Hawk time but Poppinga should just stick to special teams and Barnett for athletic as he is, just doesn't get it.

The secondary was TERRIBLE. I think Woodson may be done. I think early on in his career, before injuries and the lack of caring for his body in the offseason, caught up to him, he was getting by on pure athletic talent and he just can't get it done anymore. Harris wasn't much better. Manual could be the most uninstictive safety I've ever seen. I think Roman was actually better and thats sad. Even Collins didn't look very good.

We just are untalented and unmotivated.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as some may hate to admit it, Grady Jackson was a big piece to our D in the past. When he would go out our D would not be as productive. When he was in he created problems for opposing O lines and caused bad things to happen for our opponents.

We should not have let him go.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cali.....i agree. Their WR's and tight ends were SO open, yet ours always seemed to have 2 or 3 guys on top of them. That was one of the first things i noticed. Of course, if ONE player has 2 or 3 guys on them, SOMEONE should be wide open. Who on the Packers were open like that?
I sure didn't see anyone.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bears were 4-14 on 3rd downs and finished 1-11 on their last twelve. It was not that so much as just poor coverage early on whatever down it was.
Our coverage has got to get better. Even A. Harris looked bad at times.

I also think D. Driver is a #1 WR. The other guys just need to do a better job to both help him, BF, and the team.

Who has the 3rd most receiving yards in the NFL over the last 2 years?

Answer: D. Driver- And two years ago he wasn't even the #1 WR which makes it even more impressive since he wasn't the go to guy in '04.

Drivers legit. He holds his own against the other teams best. The other guys need to get open against lesser talented cover corners and nickel backs.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Cali.....i agree. Their WR's and tight ends were SO open, yet ours always seemed to have 2 or 3 guys on top of them. That was one of the first things i noticed. Of course, if ONE player has 2 or 3 guys on them, SOMEONE should be wide open. Who on the Packers were open like that?
I sure didn't see anyone.

Our recievers never get seperation, ok never is strong but rarly do we get seperation. Answer: we don't have a legit #1 rec. Driver is a great guy but a 2 not a 1. Untill we get a #1 you will continue to see what we saw.

This is where TT dropped the ball. Walker should still be here or a Stallworth or some other #1 type guy. It's a business and he let his ego get in the way.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Driver is a legit 1. He just doesn't have a legit 2 to take the coverage away from him. I would take DD over Stallworth any day of the week

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I disagree. Driver is a legit 1. He just doesn't have a legit 2 to take the coverage away from him. I would take DD over Stallworth any day of the week

Same here. Stallworth played well yesterday but I'm not sure if he can do it on a consistent basis. He hasn't had a good year yet but we'll see how he does. McNabb is a solid QB and Philly looked very good. So a new place might be good for him.

Driver is solid. Jennings I think can step it up. Hard to do anything yesterday when you have the ball for 7 minutes in the 1st half. I wasn't expecting big numbers out of Jennings against the Bears. The Bears D is as good as it gets in the NFL. Now next week I'm expecting A LOT more from Jennings.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

I think DD is also. But the guy seems to have 2 or 3 guys on him constantly. We NEED Jennings to step up and take some pressure of DD!

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Grady Jackson in this post and I just wanted to add a little something about him. While he was in N.O. he was not appreciated at all. he was too slow, too fat, didn't practice and never got to the QB. But once he left and went to GB we sure missed his presence. He is like an invisible force. He doesn't make alot of plays but he sure occupies alot of people and that in itself allows others freedom to make the plays. That's a little something that gets over looked alot now days. It seems to always be about the highlite film.

Latest posts