Bigby

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think bigby realizes he can use some of his soccer experince that is what is helping him he will be very good this season he uses his head :D

OP
OP
P

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
He looks like he will be our saftey for a while. Hes like the next Rodney Harrison. Think so?

Atari "The HITMAN" Bigby is not the next anyone...

He is the first Atari Bigby. Look at any Packer safety's numbers their first year or two and the way they played.

Bigby is faster than Butler, more talented than Cecil and Murphy, and though we may be comparinbg different positions, Bigby was less boneheaded than Sharper.

You gotta admit Harrison hits like a beast. So does Bigby

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby had the worst % of passes completed against him of anyone in the league. He may hit people, but he needs to learn to cover.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby had the worst % of passes completed against him of anyone in the league. He may hit people, but he needs to learn to cover.

Bigby had the worst % of passes completed against him of anyone in the league ? Really? I too would love to see where you pulled that stat from.

Al Harris had some good things to say about Bigby in a interview with a Fox Sports Reporter.

Packers cornerback Al Harris favorably compares Bigby to Philadelphia safety Brian Dawkins, one of his former Eagles teammates and a six-time Pro Bowl selection.

"It's his work ethic, and he's so explosive," Harris said. "He comes in after practice and works out, keeps his body tight. Those are the things Dawk does.

"I think Dawk is the best safety there is. When I look at Atari, that's what I think of."

SOURCE: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7693116?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Bigby had the worst % of passes completed against him of anyone in the league ? Really? I too would love to see where you pulled that stat from.

Al Harris had some good things to say about Bigby in a interview with a Fox Sports Reporter.

Packers cornerback Al Harris favorably compares Bigby to Philadelphia safety Brian Dawkins, one of his former Eagles teammates and a six-time Pro Bowl selection.

"It's his work ethic, and he's so explosive," Harris said. "He comes in after practice and works out, keeps his body tight. Those are the things Dawk does.

"I think Dawk is the best safety there is. When I look at Atari, that's what I think of."

SOURCE: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7693116?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Dirty1 comparing Bigby to Dawkins... interesting. That's a huge compliment. I really hope he's right.

I loved Bigby at the end of the season because he was making huge hits and playing decent coverage, but in the beginning of the season, I'd be screaming at my TV as he was blowing coverage and missing tackles all day. He's definitely got the tools, just needs a little coaching over the off season and I think he'll make a great fulltime starter.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Bigby at the end of the season because he was making huge hits and playing decent coverage, but in the beginning of the season, I'd be screaming at my TV as he was blowing coverage and missing tackles all day. He's definitely got the tools, just needs a little coaching over the off season and I think he'll make a great fulltime starter.

Slight correction: Bigby actually started the season playing very well. It was in the middle, roughly games 7-12, when he made a whole bunch of mistakes. Then he got it together again at the end. As best I can figure, opposing teams figured out his weakness and exploited it in the middle of the season, but then Bigby (and/or the defensive coordinator) adjusted and got him back to doing what he does best. This is a very good trend going into next year.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will not get a link or any back up to that claim because it is total ********.

Bigby rated near the top of SS in the league in most categories:

86 tackles, 5 interceptions, 14 passes defended in the regular season.

Further, none of these stats factor in the very real presence he has in the middle of the field. Seattle ccoaches admitted that their WR were hearing footsteps and looking for Bigby VS securing the football after looking at the tape.

The NFL defensive player of the Month in December, showed his value down the stretch and in the playoffs.

As someone said earlier in this thread -- Bigby (a first year starter) is loaded with upside, and will get nothing but better. Despite being a damned good SS already.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atari "Big Hit" Bigby, will start and excell for The Pack next year. So many of these young guys are only going to get better with game experience. Good times ahead for The Pack.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Collins is in bigger danger of losing his starting job than Bigby is at this point, mainly because of who is behind him. Bigby, as a whole last season, was an upgrade over Manuel despite some lapses in coverage. Giving up the big plays (like we did in '06) were definitely reduced in '07. Bigby essentially spent his first 1 1/2 years on the practice squad before getting promoted to the active roster in the middle of the '06 season. He had a bunch of nagging injuries that also slowed his progression a bit before he was fully healthy for '07 training camp where he earned the starting SS job at the beginning of his 3rd season making Manuel easily expendable. Needless to say, at worst, the SS job is Bigby's to lose next training camp.

Collins showed some flashes in his rookie season, but for the most part, has been a solid but quiet starting FS for the last two seasons. His run support skills are decent and he'll occasionally make a big tackle or play only to disappear and get burned occasionally in coverage in subsequent snaps. He's entering the final year of his rookie contract in '08 and is going to face arguably his toughest training camp battle to date with Aaron Rouse breathing down his neck and wanting the starting FS job. Unless Collins makes some strides during the off-season or Rouse doesn't show any improvement over his rookie year, it's not out of the realm of possibility Nick could move to #2 on the depth chart next year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think we'll be seeing a competition at both Safety spots this year.

I think Rouse/Collins/Bigby will battle it out, with the two best Safties earning starting roles.

Bigby has to be a favourite to win one of the jobs, he seemed to realize late in the season that you can be very aggressive on the field without being an idiot.

Should be one of the better training camp battles, IMO.

I think Bigby has locked down the strong safety position. It would take a horrible off season for him to be unseated.

Now Rouse vs. Collins is going to be one of the more intense off season battles in my opinion.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Collins is in bigger danger of losing his starting job than Bigby is at this point, mainly because of who is behind him. Bigby, as a whole last season, was an upgrade over Manuel despite some lapses in coverage. Giving up the big plays (like we did in '06) were definitely reduced in '07. Bigby essentially spent his first 1 1/2 years on the practice squad before getting promoted to the active roster in the middle of the '06 season. He had a bunch of nagging injuries that also slowed his progression a bit before he was fully healthy for '07 training camp where he earned the starting SS job at the beginning of his 3rd season making Manuel easily expendable. Needless to say, at worst, the SS job is Bigby's to lose next training camp.

Collins showed some flashes in his rookie season, but for the most part, has been a solid but quiet starting FS for the last two seasons. His run support skills are decent and he'll occasionally make a big tackle or play only to disappear and get burned occasionally in coverage in subsequent snaps. He's entering the final year of his rookie contract in '08 and is going to face arguably his toughest training camp battle to date with Aaron Rouse breathing down his neck and wanting the starting FS job. Unless Collins makes some strides during the off-season or Rouse doesn't show any improvement over his rookie year, it's not out of the realm of possibility Nick could move to #2 on the depth chart next year.

By mid-season of '08, our starting Safeties will be Bigby and Rouse. Collins may be backing up both slots. I think MM or someone mentioned our Safety positions being interchangeable. I don't have the link, I'm just saying that from memory.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts