Big Thanks to Folks on this Forum

Darth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to thank people on this forum for the good advice on restaurants and activities while in Green Bay for the 2nd week of August.

My nephew and I made one of the best decisions in bringing our bikes along on the trip. We rode 2.5 miles (one way) from the hotel to the practice field every night to watch the evening practices... then back to the hotel afterwards. The folks at the field let us lock our bikes up right outside the stands... pretty sweet deal! It was sooo convenient to be able to ride right up to the practice field and walk about 150 feet to our seats. The free practices were nice too.

The people in Green Bay were very friendly as well. After practice one night we bumped into a Gentleman who was there with his 10 year old son. They were Green bay natives and season ticket holders. It was great, and we had a long discussion with him about the team, how to dress for games in December, and certain players in training camp. It was then we noticed that his son was one of the kids who was letting a player ride his bike back to the stadium. What struck me about the man was that it was all just matter of fact for him...no big deal. His kid was loving it all... it was nice to see so many young kids having good clean fun. This team really does a lot for the community in Green bay.

Darth

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Bikes! Excellent idea!
Very cool that they let you lock them up so close!

I'll have to try to do that next year for sure!

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really enjoy the late summers (August timeframe) in WI when everything is dark green, and there is a faint smell of fresh cut alfalfa and hay everywhere. WI summers are awesome!!!

On the other hand, winters are just too brutal up north for me, but I will say that the air up north (WI) on really cold days smells so clean and fresh its unbelievable at times... My Parents leave their bedroom window cracked open (just a little) in the winter to let that fresh air in. My mom says she sleeps like a rock with that fresh air coming in, and I believe her.

The one thing I miss living out here on the east coast is......Fleet Farm! They have the best prices on beef jerky, cheetos, and other snax! Plus they have all kinds of gnarly farm equipment and hunting stuff there.

I plan on going to Packer training camp next August (2012) as well. Hopefully there will be another shiny Lombardi Trophy added to the collection by then.

I will post some pics of this past training camp soon.

Darth

Dave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to thank people on this forum for the good advice on restaurants and activities while in Green Bay for the 2nd week of August.

My nephew and I made one of the best decisions in bringing our bikes along on the trip. We rode 2.5 miles (one way) from the hotel to the practice field every night to watch the evening practices... then back to the hotel afterwards. The folks at the field let us lock our bikes up right outside the stands... pretty sweet deal! It was sooo convenient to be able to ride right up to the practice field and walk about 150 feet to our seats. The free practices were nice too.

The people in Green Bay were very friendly as well. After practice one night we bumped into a Gentleman who was there with his 10 year old son. They were Green bay natives and season ticket holders. It was great, and we had a long discussion with him about the team, how to dress for games in December, and certain players in training camp. It was then we noticed that his son was one of the kids who was letting a player ride his bike back to the stadium. What struck me about the man was that it was all just matter of fact for him...no big deal. His kid was loving it all... it was nice to see so many young kids having good clean fun. This team really does a lot for the community in Green bay.

Darth
So without stating the obvious, how SHOULD I dress for the game in December (December 11th vs. Raiders)?

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes to the hand and foot warmers! I went to the Dec 26th game last year and it was so cold our blanket froze to the seat. The beer the people in front of me had literally froze in the cup.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Darth
The players-riding-kids'-bikes thing has been going on at training camp literally for decades. I know I saw it back in the 70's, and it may be a lot longer than that! It really goes to show the very unique relationship between the Packers and the community. Another reason to love the Pack!

Members online

Latest posts