Big shout out from Queen Alkie!

QueenAlkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, my name's Emz, aka Queen Alkie (for obvious reasons lol) I live in the UK and have been a Cheesehead for a couple of years. Got big plans to go Stateside sometime to catch the boys in action, but in the meantime I've been entertained this side of the pond at Wembley...last year was my first time *cherry pops* when I saw the Pats & Buccs, and just the weekend gone I saw the Broncos and Niners :)

See you around the forums!

ps...:viksux:

OP
OP
Q

QueenAlkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
currently living in the north *boooo* but I'm moving to Portsmouth on the south coast soon :D my boyfriend lives there and is a HUGE American football fan (unlike the folks around here), so I can't wait!!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome...all of a sudden we are getting a lot of Brits here. First British invasion since the Beatles. The only other Packer site i visit is NFL UK..I find fun. The UK Packer Fans hate the UK Viking fans--just like in the USA.
In 1998 or 1999, I was sitting a Sports Bar (pub)--where I always can be found--and a guy sitting next to me asks me a question. I asked one in return, "where did you get that freaking accent"?

Turns out he was from Liverpool, was a member of a Liverpool Packer Fan Club. He took his vacation to the USA just to see Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. We had a nice chat and he told me he was leaving the next day. I told him I wished I had met him earlier....could have given him a tour of the town and get him 3 or 4 Packer player autographs (I am great at that). Call me KingAlkie..lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us

How to you become a Packer fan?

And how you find us?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome! The forums tagline should be..

"Welcome to the melting pot for Packer fans!"

Just lately having an influx of people from all walks of life.. (I've just started posting a few weeks ago myself)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome! The forums tagline should be..

"Welcome to the melting pot for Packer fans!"

Just lately having an influx of people from all walks of life.. (I've just started posting a few weeks ago myself)

Not bad IluvGB, how about GB Packers on-line tail gating party?

OP
OP
Q

QueenAlkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome...all of a sudden we are getting a lot of Brits here. First British invasion since the Beatles. The only other Packer site i visit is NFL UK..I find fun. The UK Packer Fans hate the UK Viking fans--just like in the USA.
In 1998 or 1999, I was sitting a Sports Bar (pub)--where I always can be found--and a guy sitting next to me asks me a question. I asked one in return, "where did you get that freaking accent"?

Turns out he was from Liverpool, was a member of a Liverpool Packer Fan Club. He took his vacation to the USA just to see Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. We had a nice chat and he told me he was leaving the next day. I told him I wished I had met him earlier....could have given him a tour of the town and get him 3 or 4 Packer player autographs (I am great at that). Call me KingAlkie..lol.

awww I already have a King Alkie...but I'll let him know his crown is up for challenge :)

I've only been to America once so far (earlier this year in fact) but I was a bit too far away to come to town

and yes...I do hate the Vikings!! :viksux:

OP
OP
Q

QueenAlkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! :happy0005:

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us

How to you become a Packer fan?

And how you find us?

well...a random asked me this at Wembley, I was a bit embarrassed by my way of picking my team but the guy said it was very methodical

I'd always had a penchant for the game, but coming from a family who weren't really into sport (my brother's always been into English football but he was never encouraging when it came to supporting teams...probably coz he's an avid Manchester United fan and I really really really can't stand them)...

anyway, yeah, I only ever caught snippets of a game or saw stuff in movies. I tried to get into Rugby but clearly it's not the same game and I never found it satisfying so I gave up trying.

In 2007 I met some like-minded people at a sci-fi convention (I'm a geek, but a cool geek!), my interest started to grow so I decided it was time to pick a team of my own (the guys, 1 was a Bengal the other a Pats)

I laid out all the teams, I eliminated all the ones I didn't like the sound of, ditched the names of ones that I felt didn't reflect me or my personality, the remaining ones were a mix of ones I'd heard of growing up and ones I found to be quite interesting or cool sounding... then I was down to 4...I really can't remember what the other 3 were now, but Green Bay just stood out, plus I (embarrassingly) said oooh it sounds like Green Day...before you could say Cheesehead I had my first Favre tee-shirt...and then he went and buggered off to the Jets! The git! But I was happy :D After picking, I sat down and read the whole history, and I knew at that moment I had made the right choice :D

As for how I found the packers forum...I mentioned the packers in a tweet on twitter and the packersforum started following me :D I got sooooooooo excited!! I texted my boyfriend (the Bengal I met eventually became my guy)...and I followed (stalked) them to here :D

:viksux:

Members online

Latest posts