Big Rumors

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found this on another site credit to "Arrigo"

With DeAngelo Hall available (for a new deal, and at least 2 draft picks, starting with a 1st rounder) the Packers will make a call, but the asking price may to much for Ted Thompson and the Packers.

The growing speculation is KGB will not be back with the Packers. They are looking hard at some DE's in the upcoming draft (Lawrence Jackson, Phillip Merling and Calais Campbell) and if KGB doesn't take a pay cut, it looks as if the Packers don't wanna pay big $$ for a situational pass rusher.

Although the Packers signed Donald Lee to a contract extension last season, they may have some interest in Alge Crumpler, though that has not been confirmed.

The Packers seem to be focusing on upgrading the SS, OT and CB positions through the draft. I was told Thompson views these as the positions that need a jolt.

Look for the Packers to try and get Allen Faneca in Green Bay for a visit some what quickly. But the question is does he want to come in for a visit when his FA clock strikes midnight?

There is no interest in "Moose" Muhammad from the Packers end. They like their WR group and IF they add anyone, it will be through the draft or a little known FA that they could develop on the PS.

Look for a Brett Favre decision (to be made public) by March 1st.

I was involved (slightly) on an Aaron Rodgers debate, and the question was (in a nut shell) "is he happy and (when) will he demand a trade if Favre comes back"? Well I asked a "friend", and the answer I got back was he (Rodgers) is happy to be a Packer and doesn't want to play anywhere else. Of course he wants to start but he feels that he is learning so much and has grown so much as a QB the past 3 seasons that when his time comes, he feels confident that he will be successful, IN Green Bay.

The names I keep hearing, as far as CB's in the draft that have the Packers interest, are Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Dwight Lowery, Terrell Thomas, Leodis McKelvin, Mike Jenkins, Tracy Porter and Antoine Cason.

The Packers are NOT in the Zach Thomas sweepstakes, and will not be.

Trent Dilfer's name has came up as a possible back-up if Favre does decide to retire.

The former 49er LB Derek Smith's name has come up. They had a lot of interest in him 2 years ago when he was a UFA, but unless the Packers feel he can play the SAM positron, don't look for him to be a Packer.

The Packers seem to be a team that has some interest in DeShaun Foster if the Panthers release him. They trade to swing a deal for him (on the down low) a couple years ago.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeAngelo Hall a Packer? No way. He's the second coming of Ahmad Carrol. Cripes, he lost Atlanta the game they played against Carolina.

Reaction score
I remember reading a snippet on Pro Football Weekly during the season that talked about the Packers possibly releasing KGB in the offseason.

That snippet quotes some sources in the Packers organization as saying the coaching staff was really high on DE Michael Montgomery, and they felt he could be a consistent contributor if he could find a way to stay healthy.

I'm torn on the Faneca issue, we need to get better play from our G position, but I'm not sure if Ted will go out and get someone from Free Agency or not do anything and let the Guards we currently have develop.

McCarthy has said numerous times that Coston just needed playing time to improve, and you have to think that Barber will improve. So perhaps Ted will feel to go the "develop from within" path that has been successful for the Pack.

I'm a bit surprised to read that the Packers would want to upgrade the SS position. Not meaning to attack Arrigo or his sources, but I'd have thought that Bigby's play in the last few games (including playoffs) would have made the Packers think they are fine at SS. Should Bigby get injured, I'd have expected the Packers to move Collins to SS and have Rouse at FS.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeAngelo Hall a Packer? No way. He's the second coming of Ahmad Carrol. Cripes, he lost Atlanta the game they played against Carolina.

Hall is a great CB. He may act like Carroll but he doesn't play like him. I recall a lot of questions on Woodson's attitude before he came here. Sometimes a change is all you need.

With that said I think most people know what I think about these types of rumors. I wish they were true but I really don't get my hopes up. Fun read though.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay let me see where to start. Okay Alan Faneca. Just say no to this guy. He wants a pay day (Hutch type money) And I don't believe he is worth it. He was part of a Pittsburgh Oline that gave up 47 sacks last year. I'd rather they draft someone as bring him in. As for Crumpler. I don't know what it would cost to get him. I'd also say no to Derek Smith, last I checked he's a MIddle Linebacker, and I just don't think he would fit into the current defensive Scheme.

I'm not sure about D-Hall. I don't think he is worth giving up two draft picks, but if there was a team that maybe could afford to give up some picks, it might be the packers. This team is very young, and D-Hall is a good Corner. But I think they are going to want a 1st and a 3rd For him, and I think that's just too much. DIlfer a Packer? That's something I have a hard time getting my noodle around.

Anyhow that's my 2.5 Cents

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:

Hall is a great CB. He may act like Carroll but he doesn't play like him. I recall a lot of questions on Woodson's attitude before he came here. Sometimes a change is all you need.

With that said I think most people know what I think about these types of rumors. I wish they were true but I really don't get my hopes up. Fun read though.

GASP! He who must not be named!

I don't want Hall, I think it would be a bad move for everyone involved. I would like some Faneca though.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see us bringing in a veteran back like Duckett or Foster if the price is right. Grant was very good for us last year and unless Jackson absolutely sucks in training camp, he will probably get another year to develop as either a second or third string back. I don't see Morency back and Wynn is to injury prone to really excite me, although crazier things have happened.

Herron has been a solid 3rd string back in '05 and '06, but in all honesty, the only way I see him making the final roster is if he beats out Wynn and Morency and we don't really bring anyone else into camp of real note.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'm a bit surprised to read that the Packers would want to upgrade the SS position. Not meaning to attack Arrigo or his sources, but I'd have thought that Bigby's play in the last few games (including playoffs) would have made the Packers think they are fine at SS. Should Bigby get injured, I'd have expected the Packers to move Collins to SS and have Rouse at FS.

You never settle. Bigby isn't an all-pro SS. If there is an upgrade available at the right price you take it. You always want depth too.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You never settle. Bigby isn't an all-pro SS. If there is an upgrade available at the right price you take it. You always want depth too.

Yeah, I was kinda shocked myself like AADP. I thought the team would like our young\deep(deep with youth) safety positions, but I guess not.

I guess it's a good sign management wants better.

As far as management wanting a bump at CB, well, I guess they watched the Conference Championship.

Never forget. Never forgive.

Reaction score

True, I agree.

However, within the context of the article it seems as if SS was identified as a need ("focusing on SS, OL, and CB") and that is something that surprised me.

Could we use another SS to improve depth? Sure. I don't know if I'd say SS is a need position thought. It was last year, but definitely not this year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP, while Bigby looked good at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs, he did have a pretty bad stretch in the middle of the season. maybe consistency is the concern.

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hall is a great DB! He is some what of a head case, but when players come here i dont think anyone wants to be a head here. look at woodson, he even said he didnt think it would work out here, and he loves it now.

plus DeAngelo Hall, Al Harris, and woodson, thats just the best nickel package of all time!!!

I think that TT knows that the pack is going to pull that good out of the draft this year, because of placement. I like that TT is going after some FA tallent.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any sort of context here? Or this article simply something you found on the internet and decided to post? The Packers aren't going after Zach Thomas? Really? WHAT an inside scoop.

Please.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any sort of context here? Or this article simply something you found on the internet and decided to post? The Packers aren't going after Zach Thomas? Really? WHAT an inside scoop.

Please.

The first thing he does is credit the article to joe arrigo. did you even read it? please.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True you always look to get better no matter what but Bigby was NFC Defensive Player of the Month in December and played as good as a defensive game against Seattle as any DB had all year for the Packers. FS might be more of a need but then again if you're high on Rouse then what's the difference there. I think depth is something the Packers might look at here as well rather than a replacement.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Please.

The first thing he does is credit the article to joe arrigo. did you even read it? please.

Um, actually he says, "Found this on another site credit to "Arrigo"

Who the hell is that? What site? Could be a freekin' Blogger account for all we know. Just askin for some clarification...

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Aaronstory said:

Please.

Um, actually he says, "Found this on another site credit to "Arrigo"

Who the hell is that? What site? Could be a freekin' Blogger account for all we know. Just askin for some clarification...

Relax Skip Bayless.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Arrigo is just another rumor *****..

If that A-Rod stuff is true, I'm loving it.

And I just hope DR-Q is available when it's our turn.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Please.

I don't find your material any more interesting.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeAngelo Hall a Packer? No way. He's the second coming of Ahm*d C*****. Cripes, he lost Atlanta the game they played against Carolina.

For the love of God, please use asterisks when using profanity. Children read this board. I went ahead and censored your post accordingly.

I don't know enough about Hall to make a comment, but I do not wish to get rid of KGB. Situational player or not, he produced nearly 10 sacks. Unless we can find someone on the other end to get that much production, I say take the cap hit.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Arrigo is just another rumor *****..

If that A-Rod stuff is true, I'm loving it.

And I just hope DR-Q is available when it's our turn.

Dr. Quinn? Hell ****ing yes!! She might be old, but hot as a chile pepper! Yowza!!

But if you meant DR-C, I agree all the way. I love that guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts