Big Ben..

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
does not look that impressive...

Seattle should be winning this game....

I forget the so called "Packer fans" who said they'd take "Big Ben" over Favre....looks like they don't know what the **** they are talking about...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I forget the so called "Packer fans" who said they'd take "Big Ben" over Favre....looks like they don't know what the **** they are talking about...

Just because someone says they would rather another NFL QB in place of Brett does not mean they are not a fan of the Packers. Perhaps not a fan of Brett, possibly.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
didnt ben just win a superbowl?

Um... YEAH!!! He did :!:

No, it wasn't his best game of the year but he is also only 1 of 53 guys out there. They won this Super Bowl as a team.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..

Just stole a Super Bowl...maybe..but he didn't WIN it...

(Saying Big Ben won the SB is like saying this guy in my avatar here is an "ethical politician"...)

Big difference...

I am now going to refer to them as the Pittsburgh STEALERS....because that's what they are....

"One for the thumb up their ***..." that's the way they played....

Did you look at Big Ben's stats Zero....?

Not too impressive...

If the Favre haters want him on the Packers instead of Favre...I'd say that's pretty moronic....

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
Um... YEAH!!! He did :!:

No, it wasn't his best game of the year but he is also only 1 of 53 guys out there. They won this Super Bowl as a team.

Hey Ed, congrats to your team for winning the Big Game for the 5th time.
Btw. Is there a connection between yellow flags and the Pittsburgh Terrible Towel? :wink: :-? :wink: :lol:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
No..

Just stole a Super Bowl...maybe..but he didn't WIN it...

Big difference...

I am now going to refer to them as the Pittsburgh STEALERS....because that's what they are....

"One for the thumb up their ***..." that's the way they played....

Did you look at Big Ben's stats Zero....?

Not too impressive...

If the Favre haters want him on the Packers instead of Favre...I'd say that's pretty moronic....
Oh boy - wait 'till I come down from my high so I can lay into this guy!!! Didn't check - hope we're in the smack area :wink:

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Steel..

Why don't you go to a few Seahawk forums and see what they're saying...and talk some smack over there...???

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Steel..

Why don't you go to a few Seahawk forums and see what they're saying...and talk some smack over there...???

I've been over to a few Seahawk forums and they usually talk about how much better Hasselbeck is than Favre....go get 'em 66...go get 'em!! :twisted:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(Saying Big Ben won the SB is like saying this guy in my avatar here is an "ethical politician"...)
Cool, I don't know anything about politics, so if that is some politician take it down so I don't have to.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, here's what i don't get, 66 - you're now MAD at the steelers for "stealing" the superbowl even though you fully admit it was the officiating that cost the hawks the game?!? sorry, can't have it both ways. take some deep breaths, drink a beer, & relax awhile man!!!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Steel..

I don't have to talk any smack - my team did it for me on the field Sunday.

However, I can tell you what the Seahawk trolls are saying on the Steeler forums.

Seems the same NFL/Refs that wanted Indy to win the divisional game got paid off even better to make sure Pittsburgh won yesterday. Now, yes, the holding call was questionable. Maybe that took some momentum away, maybe (maybe) Seattle would have scored on that drive.

The football was over the line on Ben's carry. The guy did push off in the endszone. The rest is just sour grapes - there are penalties in every game.

I didn't see any refs blocking for Willie Parker. I didn't see any refs dropping passes in the endzone or having to chase the ball out of bounds. They sure didn't throw the ball to Ike Taylor or push the field goal attempts wide either. They didn't mismanage the clock at the end of the half or at the end of the game. And I sure didn't see the refs scrambling out of the pocket & throwing to Hines Ward in coverage at the 2 yd line.

Seattle played a fine game. Pittsburgh did not bring their best game, I'll admit as much. Comes down to our B game being able to beat their A game.

This game was NOT handed to Pittsburgh. They played better football when it mattered - yesterday as well as throughout the season.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon Man..

Seattle had 2 scores taken away from them...

1. on the (non) push off in the end zone..
2. Holding call on pass play to Pittsburgh's 2 yard line...they would have scored easily..
3. Big Ben was not in...

and Seattle would have had more if stupid Jackson could keep his feet in bounds and their TE wouldn't have dropped so many balls...

No Pittsburgh was soundly beaten....it just didn't reflect it on the scoreboard...

THANKS TO THE REFS....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, PackinSteel....don't let any of the many cynics tarnish your SB win. The very same people who ***** the loudest would gladly say, "that's just football" if the calls went for their team.

The Steelers did enough to win, and the Seahawks did enough to lose. End of story.

Hey, 4packgirl.....or can I call you jules...wink, wink!! Hit + Nail + Head. 66 is screaming bloody murder about the refs and somehow finds it in himself to determine that the Steelers had something to do with it. How anybody makes that connection is beyond me, but they certainly do keep the forum interesting, don't they??

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs..

It's because the crooked Rooney's were paying off the refs with big wads of sweaty money out of a briefcase in the parking lot after the game...

What you didn't see that?

and do you think the bookies in Vegas are not going to pay the refs to make someone take a fall in the SB???

c'mon it's America we're talkin' about here...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66, I am gonna say it one more time.....the foil goes shiny side out to best protect against alien/government/corporate mind control beams.

It must be kinda lonely living in the perpetually grey and dreary world you inhabit!! LOL

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
66, I am gonna say it one more time.....the foil goes shiny side out to best protect against alien/government/corporate mind control beams.

It must be kinda lonely living in the perpetually grey and dreary world you inhabit!! LOL

roflmao, digs!! shhh...be quiet...they're watching us!!! :wink: :lol:

btw - yup, you can call me jules! :D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad you like it...the foil comment has received positive feedback since its inception 2 years ago. In fact, I have licensed some of my favorite posters as franchises who are free to use it with discretion....don't want to dilute the meaning, do we??!?

Where you at, Jules? Back in the Motherland I hope?? So, tell me, if the calls broke for the Packers the way they did yesterday, do you think these folks would be b1tching about it? Hell no.....it would be, "well, that's football for ya...sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don't."

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ixnay on the ilutingday!!! hee hee!!!

yup & i hate to admit it but i'd be the first one saying "well, that's just good ole football for ya" if the calls went the Pack's way - on the other hand, it sucks when the calls go the other way!! maybe if we entered the other dimension, we could have it our way ALL the time - whatcha think?? :mrgreen:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the tape of the game today...........Stevens of the Seahawks cost them the game more then the refs did. He dropped EASY catches! And the TD by Big Ben.........i watched it several times. and BEFORE he hit the ground, the NOSE of the ball, croocked in his arm, DID break the white line of the endzone. The push off by the Seahawks WR in the endzone was right in front of the ref........he DID push off. He didn't shove the guy down, but his push IS what gave him the chance to catch the ball. Randy Moss did that, and much worse almost everytime he had a pass thrown his way, and 99 out of 100 times he didn't get called for it. Michael Irvin did it all the time too, and got away with it. But the guy DID do it, and got caught.
The only thing i did NOT understand is........the guy on defense on Pittsburgh, on the left side of the line, appeared to be offsides on almost every play late in the forth quarter, yet never was called for it. When i slowed down the tape, he would be over the line of scrimmage before the ball was snapped several times.
So yes, there were some bad calls. But if Seattle would have played decent, which they did not, they would have overcome a few bad calls. The fact is, they didn't. And that TD pass from Randle El was a thing of beauty! He hit Ward in stride perfectly! The refs didn't give that to anyone......or run the 75 yards for the other TD by the Steelers.
They earned the win, by just doing enough to win. Seattle had MANY chances, and blew it.
CONGRATS PACKINSTEEL!!!!! :wink: :D

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
If I could have it my way all the time, I would never have time for football!!LOL

really?? you SURE about that?? not even "in between"??? surely even you have to er um "come up for air" every now & again?!? :wink: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want to "Have it your way???" What do you think this is??? BURGER KING????LOLOLOLOLOL!!! :lol:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules....that is why the snorkel was invented...no need to "come up for air" it isn't just for the water any more....oh, wait...you mean "taking a break" and I was being literal!! Diving is diving...........so many new discoveries to be had provided you possess the patience!!LOL

OK....correct, I am no longer 20 so, therefore, there might be a little time for football.

Are you a Wisconsin transplant, Jules, or an Illinoisan with good football taste?

Members online

Latest posts