Big Ben stopped

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like this is new.

Rodman did this with the Spurs.

Jay Williams with the bulls.

Kellen Winslow with the Browns.

And now Ben. And why not wear a helmet? Yeah, it is NOT the law there, but do they have common sense in PA? Jeez. He has such a gift, now it is in question, and it is nobodys fault but his.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just heard on the radio that he had a "severe" knee injury as well. anybody else hear that? they also said he ran into the back of the car & that it was ben's fault. just what i heard on the radio so not sure how true any of it is.

in a nutshell, he took a risk & now he's paying for it. can't really feel too sorry for the guy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
in a nutshell, he took a risk & now he's paying for it. can't really feel too sorry for the guy.

I agree, hot stuff.

weren't you leaving? I was getting naked, but now I have to get clothes on cuz theres mixed company here. damn you.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
4packgirl said:

I agree, hot stuff.

weren't you leaving? I was getting naked, but now I have to get clothes on cuz theres mixed company here. damn you.

hmmm...hot stuff?? me likes!! :wink:

anyhoo, yes i'm leaving tomorrow morning & didn't know if i'd have time to check the boards - lucky for YOU, i'm here!! now about the removal of your clothes... :nono: :moon: :whip:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are reporting now on the NFL channel that he may be ready for Training Camp...or Charlie Batch. Which hurts worse, huh Big3?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
meh, these reports might be a little too premature. he could be ready for training camp, or he could miss the entire season.

From what I heard, it was pretty bad. By tomorrow the story will be more clear. Im just disappointed in the young athletes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Steelers | Roethlisberger's contract has provisions against non-football injuries
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:26:01 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's contract contains a default provision that says the Steelers have the right to go after some of his bonus money if Roethlisberger cannot play due to a non-football injury. If Roethlisberger were unable to report to training camp (unlikely), and if the team wanted to enforce the contract's language (also unlikely), and if Pittsburgh prevailed in the case, the Steelers could pursue $400,000 of Roethlisberger's signing bonus and another $5.79 million in bonus payments, according to a person who has reviewed the contract. Of course, the primary issue for Roethlisberger right now is his recovery.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I heard about the challenge with Ben I was driving to Bakersfield California. It was on ESPN radio and they broke the news that he was in an accident and he was driving a motercycle. I cringed.... Then they said that he was not wearing a helmut and it made my stomach ill thinking of it.

I was not thinking of Big Ben the very good QB who was a raod block to the Superbowl for my Raiders, nor was I thinking about Big Ben the very good young QB who may beat my Packers in the Superbowl.

I was thinking of a 24 year old kid with a who had reached a zenith and just killed himself. I was thinking about his mother.

I was on the hwy 99 and my radio reception was in and out.

I do not care if he is an idiot. I do not care if he is a bad example to all young steeler fans. All I care about is his Mother is not preparing for a funeral and crying herself to sleep as I type this post.

Pediction....

The State laws there will be changed within 6 months, and no one will be allowed to ride with out a helmut.

Mark my words... There are legislators who are already drafting "The Big Ben Bike Law."

RP

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is lucky to be alive. Surgery went well and he's in serious but stable condition. I guess it took 7 hours for the doctors to complete the surgeries.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Pediction....

The State laws there will be changed within 6 months, and no one will be allowed to ride with_out a helmut.

Mark my words... There are legislators who are already drafting "The Big Ben Bike Law."

Good prediction. It is an election year. The fake concern of politicians is shameless.

RP, why take 99 with the construction near Stockton slowing you down?

My radio always picks up Spanish stations the whole length of the San Joaquin Valley.
There are only two English stations you are guaranteed to pick up.
AM NEWS on 1530 in Sacramento and 1070 in LA.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
I have a regular 18 speed bike and I wear my helmet. I ride it around town and to and from work on nice days like the ones we have been having.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry the guy got hurt. They said a car turned left in front of him.

Now.......this is what confuses me.........it's illegal to drive around in your car without a seatbelt on, but LEGAL to drive a motorcycle without a helmet!
Had he been driving a CAR, and did not have his seatbelt on and got in this collision, i bet he wouldn't have been seriously hurt. But he would have got a ticket for not using a seatbelt. Some laws just don't make sense to me!

WHY do we HAVE to wear a seatbelt by LAW!??!?! Are the ambulance drivers to lazy to LOOK for the bodies??? (J/K!!! :wink: )

Now......all that being said........when i was in my early 20's i drove a motorcycle during one summer, without a helmet. I look back and thank God i didn't fall or get in a accident. Have you ever had a june bug hit you when you were going 55 down the freeway??? The hit can knock you off the bike without a helmet on.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Raider Pride said:
Pediction....

The State laws there will be changed within 6 months, and no one will be allowed to ride with_out a helmut.

Good prediction. It is an election year. The fake concern of politicians is shameless.

RP, why take 99 with the construction near Stockton slowing you down?

My radio always picks up Spanish stations the whole length of the San Joaquin Valley.
There are only two English stations you are guaranteed to pick up.
AM NEWS on 1530 in Sacramento and 1070 in LA.

I doubt the law would change. They just changed it a few years ago. I think it was only 2-3 years ago that you HAD to wear a helmet in Pa.

Motorcycle lobbyists are pretty powerful. They remind me of a scaled down version of the NRA. Doesn't matter what the cost, their freedoms need to be protected :roll:

Sometimes you need to protect people from themselves!

Latest posts