Big Ben over Brett Favre!?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a MNF whuppin' of the Colts!! However, I can't honestly say it's gonna happen. After watching the Steelers in Baltimore last week I just hope a different team shows up Monday. I think the key to the game for Pittsburgh is to keep Manning from reading their defensive set. They are pretty good at that already but he is one of a kind when it comes to picking it up at the line and adjusting.

Ben is probably going to be rusty early on and I'm sure Indy will be gunning for him so I hope he gets better protection than Maddox got last week.

Guess I'm taking the thread off track so that's all...

Oh yeah, IPB - you are correct:

There'll never be another Brett Favre

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big Ben is on a different team where they can run the ball, he also has his best recievers in the game. Big Ben can not win a game on his own but I believe Favre can and does and that is what makes him great.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider: is your question -- who would you take right now? Simple answer to your simple question -- Brett Favre in a heart beat

You say that yesterday is history - which is of course correct. Equally true is the fact that no one is promised tommorow.

Big Ben is protected by a "run first and second, and pass only in short yardage situations and win games with your defense" system and still has missed a number of games to injuries.

If the question is who would you want to be your QB today -- any sane football person would pick Brett Favre.

If the question is who would you want for your QB 4 or more years down the road -- assuming they are still playing the answer would be different.

Big Ben may or may not be in the league down the road. As for his winning -- which he deserves props for -- Dilfer won a Super Bowl with a similar type system, would you take him over Brett Favre too?

Raider Pride said:
No one has answered the simple question put forth in this thread.

Would you take Big Ben over Brett right now? No one has answered it perhaps becuase all of you could not force yourself to say yes even though it is a no brainer! Are all Packer fans so blinded by Brett's great past. My gosh people. Yesterday is history!

Big Ben in a heart beat!

The kid is 12 years younger than Brett.

The kid is 6' 4"" and 241 pounds of winning! A natural leader! (Look at the Steelers record with out him behind center.)

18 and 1 in the NFL as a starter. Has not lost a home game since college.

Come on you all. Answer the question. It is a simple question... Right now if you could would you swap Brett for Big Ben?

Yes or no... No changing the subject and trashing the talk show host. If you want to compare Ben's numbers with Bretts do it fair... Bens record in his first 19 starts VS Bretts record in his first 19 starts.

Answer the question... Straight up right now... Brett Or Ben?

P@ck66 Come on give me your honest answer, all of you answer.

I doubt very many could force themselves to type the answer.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RP..

Here's a twist for you....

I would give ANYTHING for Manning to be the successor to Brett Favre..(whenever that is...2-3 years down the road...)

ELI MANNING....

Let me tell you something....in a couple of years....everyone is going to forget all about Big Ben and his brother Peyton...because ELI is going to be better then them ALL....

(that kid has what it takes...he has the tools....)

(He is the most "FARVE-LIKE" of any of the rookie QB's that I have seen.....Mark my words..!)

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, get in line.:mrgreen: I already brought up Manning! I definitely think he was the right guy at #1 over all there though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts