Bet the trifecta

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Bears v Cleveland
Green Bay v Dallas
Baltimore v Detroit

It will be a cool day for football as they all have different time slots and as they unfold, major impact on the season.

I see Bears and Packers winning and Detroit losing. This all setting up our Super Bowl against the Bears to close out the season for one of us. Packers 27 Bears 27

Ties to be decided by Bears/Packers game, closest to the score prediction.

Winner gets a game day worn (at least 50 times) pair of Packers Zubaz, from Bus Cook's personal collection.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears v Cleveland
Green Bay v Dallas
Baltimore v Detroit

It will be a cool day for football as they all have different time slots and as they unfold, major impact on the season.

I see Bears and Packers winning and Detroit losing. This all setting up our Super Bowl against the Bears to close out the season for one of us. Packers 27 Bears 27

Ties to be decided by Bears/Packers game, closest to the score prediction.

Winner gets a game day worn (at least 50 times) pair of Packers Zubaz, from Bus Cook's personal collection.
Too bad we have to wait until Monday night for the Lions to lose!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Detroit plays Monday Night.

I see the exact opposite happening with the Bears and Pack losing and the Lions getting the win, thereby solidifying their hold on the North. Bears lose because of their decision to go with Cutler over McCown and the Pack loses primarily because the game is in Dallas vs GB.

Bears/Packers will be meaningless and both teams will play key personel sparingly (Rodgers probably doesn't play again this year). Therefore, I predict 21-3 Bears and if that's a winner I would gladly donate the game day worn Zubaz to a charity of your choice.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

Reaction score
Well I won the game day worn zubaz but I know many of you have you eye on them, so I will share the wealth again. After my sweep last week, I see the Bears and Packers losing and the Lions winning. this week. All leading up to the showdown against the Bears for win or go home.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I must have been off my meds when I made those predictions.

Actually, all three games could have gone either way, but props to you Bus.

(calling bookie) So, who you got in tonight's Heat/Pacers game?

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

Reaction score
Damn, I must have been off my meds when I made those predictions.

Actually, all three games could have gone either way, but props to you Bus.

(calling bookie) So, who you got in tonight's Heat/Pacers game?
I see the Heat passing up an opportunity to shoot a 3 in the closing seconds for the win, instead taking a 2 and settling for a tie. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt them in the playoffs.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Bears and Packers losing and the Lions winning. this week. All leading up to the showdown against the Bears for win or go home.
I'm in agreement on the first two and couldn't care about the Lions. They're dead to me.

The Steelers have a legitimate defense as usual. The Packers have played a lot of bad defenses this season and have only beaten one team that was statistically in the top half of the league defensively (Browns). The Steelers are ranked 11th in Yards Allowed, 8th against the Run, 19th against the Pass, and 15th in Points Allowed. Flynn has been doing his Jekyll & Hyde routine the last two games so it's tough to know which QB will emerge, or if it will be a split of the two again. Luckily the Steelers rushing offense sucks, even with Bell, as they are 31st in the league. Then again the Falcons and Cowboys were #29 and #24 respectively when we played them, so that ain't saying much.

It's going to be a tough win for us to get but I have hope.

I think that the Bears are walking into a butt-whopping in Philly.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

Reaction score
I'm in agreement on the first two and couldn't care about the Lions. They're dead to me.

The Steelers have a legitimate defense as usual. The Packers have played a lot of bad defenses this season and have only beaten one team that was statistically in the top half of the league defensively (Browns). The Steelers are ranked 11th in Yards Allowed, 8th against the Run, 19th against the Pass, and 15th in Points Allowed. Flynn has been doing his Jekyll & Hyde routine the last two games so it's tough to know which QB will emerge, or if it will be a split of the two again. Luckily the Steelers rushing offense sucks, even with Bell, as they are 31st in the league. Then again the Falcons and Cowboys were #29 and #24 respectively when we played them, so that ain't saying much.

It's going to be a tough win for us to get but I have hope.

You win my game day worn Zubaz. Congrats.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the clinching prediction.

You win my game day worn Zubaz. Congrats.
So you mean they won't be washed? :eek:

Two interesting nuggets from the ESPN summary of the Packer game:
- Matt Flynn posted a 6.4 Total QBR in Sunday's loss, his 2nd single-digit Total QBR game in 4 starts with Green Bay. Since he became the Packers starter in Week 13, he has an NFL-low 17.5 Total QBR.

- Cortez Allen returned a Matt Flynn interception 40 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter Sunday. It's the third pick-six thrown by a Packers quarterback since Aaron Rodgers' injury in Week 9. Aaron Rodgers had only one interception returned for a touchdown in 86 career starts.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331222009

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

Reaction score
How about I just go double or nothing for next week's trifecta?
More of a daily double given that the Packers play the Bears and I believe we'll both be on the same side of the fence.
I'll take the Bears and Lions to lose. What do I get if I win the Daily Double. It will be hard to top my game day worn Zubaz

Members online

Latest posts