Bet i know who's REALLY celebrating!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about the Patriots loss is that we still have to put up with those morons. But I have a feeling that this close call will cause them to stop gloating so much.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The only thing I don't like about the Patriots loss is that we still have to put up with those morons. But I have a feeling that this close call will cause them to stop gloating so much.
I actually see it as they will pound their chests even more now.
They have at LEAST one more year to brag about the ONLY team to ever win all their games.
Heck.......i think theres a better chance of them all dying of old age then anyone going 19-0 now. It's been 35 years, and those guys are getting old.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg I agree, now we have to listen to Mercury some more, but it was worth it.. I enjoyed watching Moss walk off the field in disgust,, pure entertainment.

Bill showed real class walking off the field with time still on the clock..

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they showed those morons, i switched and wanted Moss to catch one of those bombs at the end. ANOTHER year we have to listen to them...crap.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I'm sure if you read the NE papers tomorrow all the excuses will be coming out.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg I agree, now we have to listen to Mercury some more, but it was worth it.. I enjoyed watching Moss walk off the field in disgust,, pure entertainment.

Bill showed real class walking off the field with time still on the clock..
Moss........"NO SUPER BOWL RING FOR YOU!!!!"LOLOLOLOL!!! :lol: and again i say LOLOLOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is a comment of comments from the "only" perfect team...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/double_coverage/2008/02/dolphins_delight.html

Dolphins' delight
Link|Comments (1) Posted by Chris Forsberg, Boston.com Staff February 3, 2008 11:15 PM
As if enduring a 17-14 loss to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII wasn't tough enough to endure for Patriots fans, here come the 1972 Dolphins...

Head coach Don Shula: "There was a tremendous amount of excitement. You know, I haven't had the opportunity to do this a lot, to sit up here and watch a football game. I've been down on the sideline trying to figure out what to do next. But here you're powerless. You're just up here watching the swing of the game, hoping to make plays happen to help your football team."
"I'm sure they are going to use it as motivation because that's a proud group. Tom Brady -- what more can you say? What a great year he's had. He broke all the passing records. Bill Belichick is a proud guy. Their football team is a team that really knows how to win. So I'm sure they are going to realize what they accomplished this year, and then what they failed to accomplish at the end of the year."

Running back Mercury Morris: "I'm happy for the New York Giants. They were the ones who did it, and they deserve to win because they did what it took to win; which is exactly what we did 17 times in 1972. I guess for the people who weren't around then and don't understand that we are so proud of the fact, not that the Giants knocked off the Patriots, but that people now will get an idea that the only way you can go undefeated is to win every game. You can talk about it all you want, but you still have to win every single game."

Offensive lineman Larry Little: "Over the years, people have been putting us down, calling us grumpy old men. We never wanted to see the Patriots or any other team lose. We are just happy about our accomplishments. We're a very proud football franchise and a very proud football team. Going an entire season without losing a game is a very proud accomplishment for the football team and the franchise. It goes to show you how tough it is to go undefeated through an entire season. We accomplished something no one else has done in 36 years, and we are very proud of that."

Tight end Jim Mandich: "First of all, congratulations to the New York Giants. They played a fabulous football game and I really thought they deserved to win. I really feel the better team won. Congratulations to Tom Coughlin and congratulations to Eli Manning. The drive Eli put together at the end of the game will go down in Super Bowl history as one of the great drives ever. As for the 1972 Dolphins, I don't take joy in the fact that the Patriots lost -- period. But I do relish and savor the fact there has only been one unbeaten team in the history of the NFL, and it is the 1972 Dolphins."

Running back Jim Kiick: "Obviously, we're proud to still be the only undefeated team in the history of the National Football League. We're proud of it. Why shouldn't we be? We never were against the New England Patriots. We have our accomplishments. We're not comparing ourselves to anyone else from other generations. We're happy with our own accomplishments. The Patriots are a great football team. Unfortunately, they didn't win this Super Bowl."

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I actually see it as they will pound their chests even more now.
They have at LEAST one more year to brag about the ONLY team to ever win all their games.
Heck.......i think theres a better chance of them all dying of old age then anyone going 19-0 now. It's been 35 years, and those guys are getting old.

GETTING???

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, those comments from the Dolphins after the game are pretty darn arrogant. It's funny how they say they weren't rooting against the Patriots, when it's so obvious that they were.

Still, I'd rather listen to those old guys brag than listen to the Patriots and Randy Moss.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mercury Morris is a bitter old man. I bet he walked 5 miles to school every morning in 10 feet of snow. Uphill both ways.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't find the video anywhere but did anyone see this? It was on NFL Network during their gameday post-game show.

Bobtail truck emblazoned "Giants Courier Services" pulls up to a house with a bunch of players in the yard that turn out to be '72 Dolphins. Guy delivers a package to (I think) Mercury Morris and he opens it. Inside is a football and a note along the lines of "Enjoy it for one more year, Courtesy Eli Manning"

Members online

Latest posts