Best D-Line??

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets see the pack have kampman who had 105 tackles last season second to pickett who had 115 tackles leading all d-lineman. Plus we have collin cole who did pretty good last year, cullen jenkins who did alright, mike montgomery who has potential and KGB who underachieved last season with 8 sacks. Best d-line in the League next year???????

Reaction score
With all due respect, I have do disagree with you. The D-Line, as solid as it will be, has had HUGE problems generating a pass rush. While it can handle the run, it still needs to step up in providing the rush.

The thing about KGB is that while I like him, he tends to get the majority of his sacks in a few games, while being non-existent in others. That is a MAJOR problem, as we need a constant threat from KGB. DT's aren't going to scare anyone with their speed, except maybe Jenkins. The DT's need to stop the run, and we have a line that can do that. But it is not the best, IMO.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sacks alone doesn't make a great d-line. I've seen a lot of passes thrown last year where kamp or kgb forced the qb to throw it before they wanted. sometimes thats as good as a sack, sometimes better...as in an INT. The d-line forces INT sometimes, just like good coverage can make a QB hold on to the ball longer and create sacks.

I think this unit this year will be gooood

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry. Don't buy it. The Bears have the best d-line in the Division, second might be the Lions. The Vikings have the Williams guys in the middle, both of whom are better than Pickett and ??(Pick'em) at tackle.

If the Packers got Williams in the draft, then the game changes. He could be the next Reggie White. Every other team in the NFL knows that, too.

Seems we forget quickly how truly BAD against the run this d-line(and linebackers) were last year. Pickett is a grade better than Grady in that he can play every down, but McGinn reported several scouts thought he had to have his butt chewed regularly to keep his weight down. When his weight got up, his effectiveness went down.

Kampman was rated by the same scouts as a very good, but not great DE.

Lets not go overboard here, folks. I think they have the potential to improve but to put them into the 'top five' lines is really dreaming.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i agree net...

It's a mediocre d-line...

(not great..and not terrible....)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D-line is adequate to marginally good. We have a lot of young players rotating and learning their trade. I thought they held up pretty well last year considering all the turnovers we gave up, the short kickoffs, and the less than superb punting.

KGB needs a fire lit under ***. He is suppose to be the one superstar on that line. The better left tackles in the league make him look like a punk.

The linebackers are suppose to be highlighted in our D anyway. All the lineman need to do is their roles, which is keeping the linebackers clean. I would love to get Mario, but I think he will be gone. Hawk looks like the pick now. I would also very much like to add Julian Peterson if our medical staff clears him.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said this over and over. We need to get pressure up the middle. As long as QB's can step up into the pocket we will not get sacks. Pressure from the outside is neutralized if you get no push up the middle. I love the Pickett signing, and I know he is a stud vs. the run but I don't know much about his pass rush. Maybe one of the young pups lining up next to him can get a push. My first choice is Cullen Jenkins.

Latest posts