Benson may be done for the season

Reaction score
I am a doctor, and I understand injury. But I also understand conditioning and that is something the Packers seriously lack. Turf Toe = bad, ACL = very bad. Hamstring?= You should have conditioned the proper way now GTF back on the field. Seriously, the players are paid to play and the way they treat their bodies in the off season and off the field leaves me wondering. They think they can just come back or shake it off. They seriously need to be educated better than that. Careers end because of crap like this. I dont blame them though. That is a coaching/staff issue.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2 of the last 3 years the Packers had an organized off-season conditioning program and were decimated by injuries in both. Last year, with no off-season conditioning due to the lock-out, they were relatively healthy. So is no formal program better? I don't think so, but it may well be that too much conditioning leads to injuries. I think that many of today's athletes are stronger than their muscles or tendons can support, when placed under maximum stress.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think that many of today's athletes are stronger than their muscles or tendons can support, when placed under maximum stress.

Couldn't agree with this more and this also reflects in all of the injuries to the other players that these bigger stronger guys are hitting. I am sure someone has put together a physics study of this, but common sense says that more strength, mass, speed etc. in a collision increases the likelihood of more broken parts, in this case body parts. I grew up watching Football in the 70's and 80's and guys weren't chiseled. They were still conditioned, but it was like watching slow moving bumper cars collide. Whereas today, its like watching 2 high performance race cars crashing into each other at high speeds. Explains the increase in concussions as well. Pretty soon they are going to have to expand Rosters by 5-10 guys to help with the situation that the Packers and many other teams are facing, lack of depth as the season progresses and injuries start piling up.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a doctor, and I understand injury. But I also understand conditioning and that is something the Packers seriously lack. Turf Toe = bad, ACL = very bad. Hamstring?= You should have conditioned the proper way now GTF back on the field. Seriously, the players are paid to play and the way they treat their bodies in the off season and off the field leaves me wondering. They think they can just come back or shake it off. They seriously need to be educated better than that. Careers end because of crap like this. I dont blame them though. That is a coaching/staff issue.

Each athlete and every injury is unique. These sort of generalities are not the comments of a responsible doctor.

Members online

Latest posts