Bengals

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Another NFC North team bites the dust.

Thanks for the FFL points Bengals! :)

Wait crap Packers don't play them this year do they???

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:

Orton finally played like a rookie QB and it cost them. You can not turn the ball over the leagues top rated offense 6 times and expect the defense to hold them forever.
He will just have to learn from it and then put it behind him. Everyone talks about the Bengal’s passing game but their defense is racking up turnovers at a record pace.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
SlickVision said:

Orton finally played like a rookie QB and it cost them. You can not turn the ball over the leagues top rated offense 6 times and expect the defense to hold them forever.
He will just have to learn from it and then put it behind him. Everyone talks about the Bengal’s passing game but their defense is racking up turnovers at a record pace.

Well Phil, guess we can take comfort that we were not blown out in our loss unlike you. We lost ugly, but by only one point. Kind of makes us feel better in our pain.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Philtration said:
SlickVision said:

Well Phil, guess we can take comfort that we were not blown out in our loss unlike you. We lost ugly, but by only one point. Kind of makes us feel better in our pain.
Is loosing by one better than a blow out? It is still a defeat. The Packers are 0-3 including two loses at home and have not even played the tough part of their schedule yet.
I said that last weeks win over the Lions was just one game and so was this one. I still say that the Bears future looks better than the Packers does.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Is loosing by one better than a blow out? It is still a defeat. The Packers are 0-3 including two loses at home and have not even played the tough part of their schedule yet.
I said that last weeks win over the Lions was just one game and so was this one. I still say that the Bears future looks better than the Packers does.

It's embarrassing losing a game by double digits. As a team I would rather lose by a blow out then a close game. Close games are A LOT more fun to play but they take a lot out of you. A blow out you pretty much know the game is over very early on.

Like the saying goes, great teams win the close games. We can't win the close games an we won't this year unless the fundamentals of football suddenly slap the team in the face. Pretty bad when we have to hope for a 2 - 3 record going into the bye week.

I agree with the Bears future looking better then the Packers. The Bengals are doing great and I think will be on top of their division with Pitt. They're still in the same division right? I lost track when we switched it from six to eight lol

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Philtration said:

It's embarrassing losing a game by double digits. As a team I would rather lose by a blow out then a close game. Close games are A LOT more fun to play but they take a lot out of you. A blow out you pretty much know the game is over very early on.

Like the saying goes, great teams win the close games. We can't win the close games an we won't this year unless the fundamentals of football suddenly slap the team in the face. Pretty bad when we have to hope for a 2 - 3 record going into the bye week.

I agree with the Bears future looking better then the Packers. The Bengals are doing great and I think will be on top of their division with Pitt. They're still in the same division right? I lost track when we switched it from six to eight lol
You are right. A close game will drain you for the rest of the day. The Bears were down by ten and the defense was playing well but another turnover led to a quick TD for Cincinnati and I knew that they were done at that point. The defense needed a rest and they were not going to get it.
The Bengals do look very good and they are still in the same division as the Steelers. I thought that they were ready to make that jump a couple of years ago but took a step backwards last year.
They have scored the 2nd most points in the league while giving up the 3rd fewest. Impressive!

JohnStofa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
The Bengals do look very good and they are still in the same division as the Steelers. I thought that they were ready to make that jump a couple of years ago but took a step backwards last year.

Bengals fan here.

I don't think it's fair to say the Bengals "took a step backwards last year". I think a better way to put it would be "a small step back, then a huge step forward". We got off to a slow start because of the QB change. Jon Kitna had a Pro Bowl year in 2003, but Marvin Lewis made the decision in training camp last year to turn the team over to Carson Palmer for the entire 2004 season, even though Palmer hadn't taken a single snap from center during his rookie year. We expected a slow start last year, but it was a necessary change. Kitna had taken us as far as he could and it was time for Carson Palmer to take over the team. And that move has paid huge dividends already. He has now started 20 games in his career. The Bengals were 1-4 in his first 5 starts, but have gone 11-4 in the last 15. Carson Palmer is the real deal and the Bengals have become legitimate because of him.

JohnStofa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Yes.

Oct. 30: Green Bay @ Cincinnati; 1:00 EST

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
having Kitna as a back up has got to be a pretty good feeling. when they made the switch last year i understood why they did it, but didnt neccesarily agree with it. if he keeps playing like he has been, it was clearly the best move for the franchise.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:

Yes, we play them the day before Halloween.

that was a joke everybody...Slick knows we play the Bengals this year, thats why he said crap.

dammit, funny comments are never funny when you have to explain them.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:

that was a joke everybody...Slick knows we play the Bengals this year, thats why he said crap.

Au Contraire! I think that's when obvious jokes are the funniest. Not for the jokes' sake, but against the person who missed it.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:

Au Contraire! I think that's when obvious jokes are the funniest. Not for the jokes' sake, but against the person who missed it.

agreed mon ami...from now on we point and laugh! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts