Benefits of a GB loss?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I was so mad last night after the loss I actually turned the TV off before it ended, I thought if there was anything good coming out of the loss.... I actually think there was a little. I think now they will hopefully realize the importance of covering a TE on third downs (I said before the key was stopping Witten. They did, except on third down :p) Also, I think it was good the team as a whole, so they can regroup. The upside is that the secondary was really missing two of its starters and the passing D didn't break down until the end. I feel like this is more of a rant than finding a benefit and I am not sure it makes sense, but it makes me feel better, haha.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched to the bitter end. I don't know WHAT happened. They just didn't look like OUR Packers. The Cowboys got some strange breaks too. Did you see where the someone fumbled the ball, another Cowboy caught it. Then the ball is up in the air again and a third Cowboy caught it? I was like "oh boy, it's gonna be one of those games". Marion Barber was hard to stop as well as Witten. And that Jones leapt all over that field like a gazelle.

OP
OP
dansz15

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I did see that. Chillar played a solid game, and although they got pressure on Romo they could of done it more often. When they did, he didn't make many plays. They looked pretty flat after the first quarter. Also, changing the offense and abandoning the run in the second quarter did them in IMO. When they went to the spread, the problems insued. They should of stuck to running the ball a little more. Dallas got the big breaks in the game, but what drove me almost insane was the amount of holding there was (both sides), but I remember on a big run for Barber, TO had his hands clutched to Woodson, who couldn't make a play. Whatever, next week they have the Bucs, another big game.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure some good will come out of this loss.
This is the youngest team in the NFL and I believe the coaching staff will draw from this loss and coach them up to make them better.
I think they have their work cut out for them to coach up that offensive line however.
I just don't think the talent is there to be an elite group like the Cowboys have.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup that game drove me insane too. Their defense seemed to be air tight. I don't think GB played bad, I just think the Cowboys put their best showing. Some of those guys (especially Barber, Witten TO and Jones) seemed unstoppable at times.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
Although I was so mad last night after the loss I actually turned the TV off before it ended, I thought if there was anything good coming out of the loss.... I actually think there was a little. I think now they will hopefully realize the importance of covering a TE on third downs (I said before the key was stopping Witten. They did, except on third down :p) Also, I think it was good the team as a whole, so they can regroup. The upside is that the secondary was really missing two of its starters and the passing D didn't break down until the end. I feel like this is more of a rant than finding a benefit and I am not sure it makes sense, but it makes me feel better, haha.

Their problems with covering TE's goes back to last year. If they havn't learned the importance by now, i don't think they ever will

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not many teams 'stop' Witten so I'm not gonna lose sleep over that. Actually we held Dallas to 27 points. But we couldn't make the big play and they did. What's done is done. We can't dwell on it with Tampa on the horizon. They'll watch the tape, critique it and then move on. It's only September and there is alot of football yet to be played.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts