Ben McAdoo

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry about your loss to the 49ers. I was rooting for you guys to win, best of luck next season.

Ben McAdoo is being interviewed this weekend by the Giants, I read that he was a tight ends coach before becoming a quarterbacks coach. Rodgers gave him some nice praise, which leads me to ask this question.
How do you think he would be as an offensive coordinator? I think the Giants are going to hire Mike Sullivan (was a QB coach here before) but I'm intrigued by what McAdoo can bring to the table.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He might also be coming there to help get that guy Eli manning back into QB shape, damn he looked terrible this past season. Ben would help him indeed.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might also be coming there to help get that guy Eli manning back into QB shape, damn he looked terrible this past season. Ben would help him indeed.

he sure did. him and cruz killed me this season in fantasy.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry about your loss to the 49ers. I was rooting for you guys to win, best of luck next season.

Ben McAdoo is being interviewed this weekend by the Giants, I read that he was a tight ends coach before becoming a quarterbacks coach. Rodgers gave him some nice praise, which leads me to ask this question.
How do you think he would be as an offensive coordinator? I think the Giants are going to hire Mike Sullivan (was a QB coach here before) but I'm intrigued by what McAdoo can bring to the table.

It's always tough to project how a position Coach will perform as a Coordinator. But for what it's worth I've always had the impression that McAdoo is a very good Coach, the players and his peers have very high opinions of him. It seems like respect is something a Coordinator must command, McAdoo has earned plenty in his time here.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Eli is a hopeless case, I hope gets a job somewhere other than the Giants, his talents would be wasted there.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Pure conjecture on my part here because a fan grading out a QB's coach that sort of followed Mike McCarthy and Mike McCarthy's career path is somewhat futile. The two seem to mirror each other by coincidence or by design, who can say for sure. I've always been of the opinion - sort of - that a QB's coach has been more of an observer than an instructor. Conducting something of a hokey-pokey course emphasizing footwork and mechanics more than anything...McCarthy was Favre's QB coach in Green Bay in '99 (under Rhodes) and moved on to a few other stops including, but not limited to New Orleans and San Francisco (oddly, the year McCarthy was their O.C., the 9'e4rs had the worst offense in the NFL - go figure), with or under McCarthy's watchful eye. He's got the OL, tight ends and QB positions covered in his coaching resume.

In all likelihood, McAdoo benefited from McCarthy's much ballyhoo'd Quarterback camp as any current and former Packers' QB. My guess is that he was hired on "intangibles" ... sorta like McCarthy was in Green Bay (remember Thompson referring to him as "Pittsburgh tough"?

I'm guessing but I'd say that the guy has a sharp mind...and that's what got him the job. Having Aaron Rodgers probably benefited his career, but I'm also guessing that this guy's elevator goes all the way to the top.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite a testament to the Packers program that so many other clubs want their coaches and personnel people to join them.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have only lost 2 offensive coaches in the last 5 or so years from this regime I thought. No one is knocking on the door for anyone on that defensive staff. The front office is a different story as they turned out 3 GMs in the last few years.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true but on the same note, it's a pain-in-the-*** constantly replacing these guys. Same with the 'draft first' mentality. The Pack drafts players, gets them for the rookie contract plus the restricted free agent season and they go elsewhere when less talented teams see an 'upgrade' available from a winner.

It is the nature of the whole thing to be sure. Still, it's irritating.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
They have only lost 2 offensive coaches in the last 5 or so years from this regime I thought. No one is knocking on the door for anyone on that defensive staff. The front office is a different story as they turned out 3 GMs in the last few years.

"Lifer" did specify coaches and personnel people, but I get your drift. No one seems to have come sniffin' after our defensive guys and I think I know why that is. How about our Asst. Head Coach and ILB coach. He get's that Asst. HC tag ostensibly to 'protect' him from 'lateral' moves ... yet, nobody seems to come knocking anyway.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is a hopeless case, I hope gets a job somewhere other than the Giants, his talents would be wasted there.

He sure has been very inconsistent the past few years... but "hopeless" is coming strong. The guy has 2 SB rings and both are well earned on his part.

Would he be a guy I would throw money at at this point in his career? nope. Would I still put him in the top 10 of all QBs in the nfl? Yep.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Would he be a guy I would throw money at at this point in his career? nope. Would I still put him in the top 10 of all QBs in the nfl? Yep.
Disagree with the top 10 QB's, I'd put him in the category of Cutler. Plays average when around above average players.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree with the top 10 QB's, I'd put him in the category of Cutler. Plays average when around above average players.
What kind of cheese crack are you smokin'? The only thing comparable is their pouty I-just-pooped-my-pants faces when they screw up. Otherwise comparing a 2-time Super Bowl quarterback to a guy that hasn't even sniffed a SB is foolish. Manning didn't ride his teams' coat tails in those games, he won them. You can compare stats all that you want but Manning is a proven winner.

The inconsistencies that he does show should be helped out by the arrival of McAdoo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts