BEAST Mode!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
[Bills] Source Believes Bills RB Marshawn Lynch Can Be Had Via Trade | Bleacher Report

How would everyone feel about having Marshawn Lynch as part of our backfield? He's young, can be acquired for next to nothing (maybe a 5th, a 4th at the very most) and he's good. Take it from me, Buffalo is not for him. He's got talent, but he just doesn't want to play in Buffalo, he wants/needs to play for a winning team in order to have the motivation and focus to play well. I think it would be a great and easy pickup that would serve us for many years to come.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think he's worth it. His off the field issues for one. Also, I really don't think he's that good. He's a decent back, I'm not saying he sucks. But nothing about his performance jumps out at me so far. Perhaps getting him for a late round pick would be a bargain, but I just think he's a headache that this team doesn't need.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just doesnt fit the TT/Green Bay mold.

Weapons charges
Hit and Run charges
Stealing $20 from the policemans wife and then threatening her when she confronted him about it!:shok:

The guy is a nightmare just waiting for you to go to sleep!:russian_roulette:

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so what this guy made a few mistakes. i dont see the harm in getting him for cheap, if he screws up again cut him but if he doesnt and he becomes a pro bowl player we know he can be, this could be a steal. why not take a flyer on the kid, just remember that is what he is, a KID.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just doesnt fit the TT/Green Bay mold.

Weapons charges
Hit and Run charges
Stealing $20 from the policemans wife and then threatening her when she confronted him about it!:shok:

The guy is a nightmare just waiting for you to go to sleep!:russian_roulette:
That's a little more than a mistake... Hit and run!!! Stealing from a policeman's wife!!!!! Are you kidding me?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk i think he runs with more of a mean streak than grant.. grant seems to go down on first contact... and he looks a bit faster in the open field athough not by much.. i think it might be worth it depending the cost

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would love to have him. i wanted to draft him the year we drafted harrell but buffalo beat us to him. grant is good but i think we need another weapon in our backfield.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk i think he runs with more of a mean streak than grant.. grant seems to go down on first contact... and he looks a bit faster in the open field athough not by much.. i think it might be worth it depending the cost

Not only does Grant go down relatively easy, he doesn't have the burst to get to the next level. I don't know that Lynch does either. I like both guys pad level when they hit the line, I just would be a guy with a little more pop through the line. Rob Dog said it best... wouldn't hurt for a one year deal.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I've watched Marshawn in person several times, he really does have a different style than Grant. Grant is more of an all purpose back whereas Lynch would be the perfect goal line back. I've literally seen him run and carry 3 linebackers 2 or 3 yards. He is much more of a power back than grant, he doesn't have the breakaway speed or open field speed. He will run people over though.

As far as the off-field issues, yeah, he's got some problems, and "thug" describes him just about right. But it can't hurt to give him a chance. He'll soon learn that you can't do that in this league, if he hasn't already learned that in Buffalo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ6x_CpOfyY&feature=related]YouTube - Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode Highlight[/ame]

And for a good laugh, because he's really not the brightest bulb: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLP2cOxXEM]YouTube - MARSHAWN LYNCH PLAYTIME!!![/ame]

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be OK with a 1-year deal. Didn't that Quarless from PSU have some 'character issues'? Ted and his boys would do their homework on him before giving him any money. He reminds me of Thomas Jones coming out of Virginia and going to the miserable Cards. On the right team, IMO, he could be lethal.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be OK with a 1-year deal. Didn't that Quarless from PSU have some 'character issues'? Ted and his boys would do their homework on him before giving him any money. He reminds me of Thomas Jones coming out of Virginia and going to the miserable Cards. On the right team, IMO, he could be lethal.

Quarless is a choir boy compared to Lynch.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a 4th or later pick for a proven above average player at RB is worth it. At first I thought he could start ahead of Grant, but I must have been short-changing Grant by a lot, because his numbers last year were better than I thought(and Lynch's career itself is not -as- good as I thought). Surprisingly, in '09, Grant had the same AVG per rush (4.4) as Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, and Marion Barber. Despite that, Lynch would still clearly give us a stronger backfield. On a side note, I'm also interested in Brian Westbrook, who could give us a pass catching RB (similar to Brandon Jackson, but hopefully more effective).

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Grant is quicker, Lynch is a BEAST and runs over people. Put Lynch in for a few snaps to run over some guys, grab 5 yards, put grant in and watch that hole burst open.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless is a choir boy compared to Lynch.

I won't argue that. The point I was trying to make is just because a player has troubles in the past, means we cross them off our list. Don't forget Rodgers played with Marshawn, Marshawn, Marshawn. I'm sure he'd be one of the first players Ted talks to regarding his character. You couldn't find a better reference check than him, IMO.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also remember, being a nice or good guy doesn't win football games, being a good football player wins games(even though good players -can- be nice people).

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another young STARTING RB that is not going to settle running behind Grant. If you bring in Lynch in a threatening manor to Grant before training camp, you are going to cause duress within the team. If by games 5-7 Grant is under-performing then if Lynch is available (which he wont be) then that would be the best time to bring him, lighting a fire under Grant.

Besides, heres Grants line from his 3 years with the Pack:

09 11 TD's 1250 yds
08 4 TD's 1200 yds
07 8 TD's 950 yds (7 games)

Why are people so fast on writing Grant off, wait, we should be used to this. It happens every season. I know the reason also, because hes not "flash and dash". Hes the most under-rated RB in the NFL, hes also one of the best in the NFL also. But as long as player like AP and CJ are around on more flashier, controversial teams, Grant will continue to be under-rated. Id take Grant any day.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Another young STARTING RB that is not going to settle running behind Grant. If you bring in Lynch in a threatening manor to Grant before training camp, you are going to cause duress within the team. If by games 5-7 Grant is under-performing then if Lynch is available (which he wont be) then that would be the best time to bring him, lighting a fire under Grant.

Besides, heres Grants line from his 3 years with the Pack:

09 11 TD's 1250 yds
08 4 TD's 1200 yds
07 8 TD's 950 yds (7 games)

Why are people so fast on writing Grant off, wait, we should be used to this. It happens every season. I know the reason also, because hes not "flash and dash". Hes the most under-rated RB in the NFL, hes also one of the best in the NFL also. But as long as player like AP and CJ are around on more flashier, controversial teams, Grant will continue to be under-rated. Id take Grant any day.
Grant ran for over 100 yards 3 times all of last year. By comparison, Chris Johnson ran for 100+ 12 times. Steven Jackson, 7 times. Jerome Harrison, 4 times in 6 games where he had 10+ carries. Thomas Jones, 7 times. DeAngelo Williams, 4 times in 12 games played. Jonathan Stewart, his teammate, 5 times.

Grant is in no way underrated, he is in no way one of the best in the NFL. When put up against the best, he's average at best.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Grant ran for over 100 yards 3 times all of last year. By comparison, Chris Johnson ran for 100+ 12 times. Steven Jackson, 7 times. Jerome Harrison, 4 times in 6 games where he had 10+ carries. Thomas Jones, 7 times. DeAngelo Williams, 4 times in 12 games played. Jonathan Stewart, his teammate, 5 times.

Grant is in no way underrated, he is in no way one of the best in the NFL. When put up against the best, he's average at best.
Yeah, and on top of that, nobody is writing Grant off anyways. What is wrong with a two-headed attack splitting carries? Look at the most successful running attacks in the NFL right now, Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville (before they lost Fred Taylor)...notice something? There are two quality backs who don't compete for time, but instead split time. I can't possibly see why it could be detrimental to our team in any way to have two versatile backs who are happy, as opposed to one.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you wanna go up stats...

Grant was 7th in yards, 7th in TDs, despite also being 7th in attempts... 11th in 20+ runs, and 10th in 40+ runs.

That's top 10 quality right there.

Throw in that he was the ONLY ONE in the top 25 RBs by carry, and that's great production.

Despite playing with a **** poor OL for most of the time.

Look at this numbers:

Grant WITHOUT Clifton or Tauscher (8 games): 147 carries, 604 yards (4.1 YPC). 3 TDs.

Grant WITH Clifton and Tauscher (8 games): 135 carries, 649 yards (4.8 YPC). 7 TDs.

The last ones are top 10 numbers without a doubt. And our OL isn't even a run blocking one. And Quinn Johsnon didn't play much. When he did, the difference was astonishing.

Add Bulaga, Lang and Johnson, and you got a driving OL in there. Grant will make us very happy next season, believe me.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and on top of that, nobody is writing Grant off anyways. What is wrong with a two-headed attack splitting carries? Look at the most successful running attacks in the NFL right now, Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville (before they lost Fred Taylor)...notice something? There are two quality backs who don't compete for time, but instead split time. I can't possibly see why it could be detrimental to our team in any way to have two versatile backs who are happy, as opposed to one.
Uh, CJ2k had the most attempts in the NFL, with 358.

Just saying...

I disagree with you, I don't think we need to split carries, because we're a passing team.

I do think we need a change-of-pace back for Grant, and Starks just might be it...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant is extremely underrated by Packer fans. The simple fact is he produces. Maybe it's because hes not flashy about it. He just goes out there and gets the job done

Members online

Latest posts