Bears @ Packers - Coming over from UK

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey!

Me, My Dad & Bro in Law will be making the trip from the UK in November for the Bears game! tickets arrived yesterday (Block 113, Row 26, any good?) Cannot Wait!

Staying at the Super 8 on Oneida, looks failry close to everything, is this an ok location? The rate we got was superb. We'll have a car so getting about won't be a problem. Although are Taxis easy to get in GB?

I can search the other threads for recommendations on Bars/restaraunts etc... but anything new anyone would like to add? maybe list the top 5 bars/restaraunts we shouldnt miss? we'll be in GB for 3 nights (1 is game night) so fee like we'll have plenty of time.

Should we pre-book some tailgate tickets or just go with the flow when we're there?

Is there decent nightlife in GB, not neccesarily Football related, perhaps more in the centre of GB? The breweries look good fun, we'll definitely head there.

Cheers for any help!

Jimbo

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making the 4000 mile trip too pal so I'll see you there. I'm staying behind brett Favres steakhouse, which is where most of the nightlife seems to be. Excited to see the stadium now the renovations are complete. I'm traveling solo, will meet folk in the bars and talk football!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making the 4000 mile trip too pal so I'll see you there. I'm staying behind brett Favres steakhouse, which is where most of the nightlife seems to be. Excited to see the stadium now the renovations are complete. I'm traveling solo, will meet folk in the bars and talk football!
This thread was about my visit to last seasons Bears game (the 55-14 demolition) so I won't be making the trip this season, although I'd love to but I'm getting married in October so this year is a no-no.

If you want any tips or advice about Green Bay or whatever then let me know

HullChief

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As this thread has been resurrected, i'll jump in and ask a question of your experiences Jimbo, as I'll be popping out to GB for the Rams game later in the year.

What did you do regarding your Tailgate tickets?
Did you find a good bar / restaurant you'd recommend for grabbing some food after the game?

Cheers

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi HullChief.
Went to a Monday night packers game last year.
The tailgate I went to was at the Resche Centre, think it was $30 pay on the day and that was really good. I heard the one at Brett Favres steakhouse was a good one too.
Went in a few bars over the weekend and went to Anduzzis (showed all NFL games on multiple TV's) and good bar food, the stadium view was also really good as was the Distillery. Heard good reports about Krolls West too.
If you get chance well worth going on the stadium tour.
Going to the Cowboys game in December, can't wait !
Hope this helps

HullChief

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheers, Yeah plan on a stadium tour the day before the game, a look around the HoF and some food at the new bar. Was just wondering where most fans go after the game, but i guess walking into any of the nearby bars i'd see plenty of familiar shirts.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
M
Hey!

Me, My Dad & Bro in Law will be making the trip from the UK in November for the Bears game! tickets arrived yesterday (Block 113, Row 26, any good?) Cannot Wait!

Staying at the Super 8 on Oneida, looks failry close to everything, is this an ok location? The rate we got was superb. We'll have a car so getting about won't be a problem. Although are Taxis easy to get in GB?

I can search the other threads for recommendations on Bars/restaraunts etc... but anything new anyone would like to add? maybe list the top 5 bars/restaraunts we shouldnt miss? we'll be in GB for 3 nights (1 is game night) so fee like we'll have plenty of time.

Should we pre-book some tailgate tickets or just go with the flow when we're there?

Is there decent nightlife in GB, not neccesarily Football related, perhaps more in the centre of GB? The breweries look good fun, we'll definitely head there.

Cheers for any help!

Jimbo
Make sure you drive on the right side of the road. But seriously this will be the trip of a lifetime. Not much night life goes on in GB. Couldn't hurt to get tix for tailgating. There's a tent in Lambeau parking lot that has tailgating every week. I think it opens like 3 hrs before game time

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Used to try and get a table at curlys after games to eat and wait out the crowd. They did a post game show there over the radio too.

Now it's called 1919 kitchen and tap.

Not sure if still open at game time and if post game radio show happens

Bretts tailgate is ok...nothing really special.

Most tailgates have the standard burgers, brats, hot dogs, beer.

Bretts is a father walk than the one at the resche center

I will give this advice. Don't drink to much game day. You do t want to miss all that game day experience by running to toilet all the time.
..Or being drunk where you forget some parts of the day

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good advice in the last sentence from longtimefan.

Had a fair few beers last year and memory of the game is a little hazy in places! Still it's a good excuse for this years trip :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Good advice in the last sentence from longtimefan.

Had a fair few beers last year and memory of the game is a little hazy in places! Still it's a good excuse for this years trip :)

Have you seen some of the beer LTF drinks ?? I`m surprised he can remember his name at times !

Friday

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So... I'm taking my first trip to see the PACK play the Seahawks from 9/19 - 9/21.

Any recommendations for Saturday post-tour restaurants and especially for Tailgating would be greatly appreciated.
Would it be better to buy into one of the pre-paid parties or will meandering around the parking lot suffice?
How long do people generally tailgate in Green Bay?

I will be on my own and pretty much will just be going where the wind takes me until game time.

Help a girl out!

and.... go!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So... I'm taking my first trip to see the PACK play the Seahawks from 9/19 - 9/21.

Any recommendations for Saturday post-tour restaurants and especially for Tailgating would be greatly appreciated.
Would it be better to buy into one of the pre-paid parties or will meandering around the parking lot suffice?

I will be on my own and pretty much will just be going where the wind takes me until game time.

Help a girl out!

and.... go!
For starters, read the stickies in this forum. A lot of good things there. Secondly sign up for PWT's get together. I've been to two. Small group in a popular brew house. Gets a table which guarantees stools. Not a bad thing 3 hours later.

doalke

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Help a girl out!

and.... go!

Any beginner lessons learned outside of what's on the sticky notes on the forum? I've read all of that prepping for my first trip to GB next Monday for the Chiefs' visit but am always looking for some other must-see/do suggestions.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have only had one trip to Green Bay and I will never forget it. You must take the tour of Lambeau field an also visit the Packer hall of fame. If my ship ever comes in, I will get to Lambeau for a game again, but, at my age, it is only a pipe dream. So enjoy it as much as you possibly can and don't think about the costs.

SirStoney

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having my own solo pilgrimage to Lambeau from the UK to see the Packers vs Cowboys game in December. How was your experience? I'm looking forward to the Lambeau atmosphere and meeting some fellow Packers fans!

SirStoney

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi HullChief.
Went to a Monday night packers game last year.
The tailgate I went to was at the Resche Centre, think it was $30 pay on the day and that was really good. I heard the one at Brett Favres steakhouse was a good one too.
Went in a few bars over the weekend and went to Anduzzis (showed all NFL games on multiple TV's) and good bar food, the stadium view was also really good as was the Distillery. Heard good reports about Krolls West too.
If you get chance well worth going on the stadium tour.
Going to the Cowboys game in December, can't wait !
Hope this helps

Having my own solo pilgrimage to Lambeau from the UK to see the Packers vs Cowboys game in December so may see you there! I'm looking forward to the Lambeau atmosphere and meeting some fellow Packers fans!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll be glad to welcome you. You'll have a great time that you'll never forget. Especially watching our Packers put a beat down on the cowgirls

Friday

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having my own solo pilgrimage to Lambeau from the UK to see the Packers vs Cowboys game in December. How was your experience? I'm looking forward to the Lambeau atmosphere and meeting some fellow Packers fans!

Hey!

It was seriously the best weekend of my life to date.... just a perfect experience.
I went right to Lambeau from the airport and took the tour through the stadium and the HoF... it was beyond incredible. I met some fans from this and other message boards for dinner which was cool because I got to hear some fun stories from the past and from folks who live and work right in the area. That was also helpful because I had friends to go to Stadium View bar with after dinner. That ended up being home base and where I met the most friendly Packer fans both saturday night and sunday during the day.
It was a night game so I arrived to the stadium right around 1pm and the festivities were already in high gear... it was a party like none i had experienced before and I highly recommend walking around the town and just taking it all in. The people at the tailgates in the lot are very friendly and more than happy to spare a brat for a fellow fan....especially when they hear you have come a long way or you have made the pilgrimage as a solo traveler.

I am so excited for you! Green Bay is a magical place... especially for us far-off types who only get to experience it now and then. Being in Lambeau is a truly moving experience. I wish i could go again this year... it's not a cheap trip but i WILL be back... Have a great time!

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having my own solo pilgrimage to Lambeau from the UK to see the Packers vs Cowboys game in December so may see you there! I'm looking forward to the Lambeau atmosphere and meeting some fellow Packers fans!

Yeh that would be good. When do you get to Green Bay mate - where are you travelling from ? On game day going to see what's going on rather than booking tailgate on advance. Did the same last year and had a great time!

Members online

Latest posts