Bears officially signed Julius Peppers

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should pressure TT to hurry up and find a solution to our OT problems. However knowing him, I doubt something drastic happens.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This should pressure TT to hurry up and find a solution to our OT problems. However knowing him, I doubt something drastic happens.

Obviously we knew this was going to happen....the point of the thread was exactly what you said......wake up Ted....do something!!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon! Do something? Chill out, people. I can't believe you're getting angry at TT for not using the FREAKING FIRST DAY of free agency...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think it's frustrating watching all the big names sign with other teams on the first day. Peppers, Dansby, among others.

I'm sure there's a Frank Walker out there somewhere that TT will jump for, though. :lol:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been 6 years with TT.

You still don't know what's going to happen, and is still asking for Free Agents?

All I'm saying is, you'll get worked up over nothing. And when the season comes, you'll also forget about us not making any splash in Free Agency...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon! Do something? Chill out, people. I can't believe you're getting angry at TT for not using the FREAKING FIRST DAY of free agency...
should TT wait for the last day till the season starts to get someone in free agency?.. yea you might think its the first day but look how short the list of good free agents just got within ONE DAY of the free agent market opening.. the longer he waits the shorter that list gets

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should TT wait for the last day till the season starts to get someone in free agency?.. yea you might think its the first day but look how short the list of good free agents just got within ONE DAY of the free agent market opening.. the longer he waits the shorter that list gets
Wait for the last day to do what? What do you want him to do?

He won't overpay for anyone. That's pretty clear.

You people just want him to sign an FA so that we can hear some packers news in march...

I've already said, I can't believe after 6 years and the team playing well, there's still people claiming for TT to go nuts in FA.

The Bears absolutely HAD to use FA, because they don't have draft picks, and their team sucks.

The last big spenders in FA were the Eagles, Redskins, and the same Bears last year. How did that fare???

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's been 6 years with TT.

You still don't know what's going to happen, and is still asking for Free Agents?

All I'm saying is, you'll get worked up over nothing. And when the season comes, you'll also forget about us not making any splash in Free Agency...
Just because that's the way it is with TT doesn't mean we can't be disappointed with it.

You have to admit, it'd be nice if he did something to help our team in free agency.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait for the last day to do what? What do you want him to do?

He won't overpay for anyone. That's pretty clear.

You people just want him to sign an FA so that we can hear some packers news in march...

I've already said, I can't believe after 6 years and the team playing well, there's still people claiming for TT to go nuts in FA.

The Bears absolutely HAD to use FA, because they don't have draft picks, and their team sucks.

The last big spenders in FA were the Eagles, Redskins, and the same Bears last year. How did that fare???
lets just hope TT has another good draft then.. i dont want the packers to spend huge bucks in FA market but a couple good signings and a good draft and we are superbowl contenders.. we need to have a phenomenal draft if we dont address certain needs in free agency

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because that's the way it is with TT doesn't mean we can't be disappointed with it.

You have to admit, it'd be nice if he did something to help our team in free agency.
I wanted Osgood. I think he would be an amazing addition to our ST. He was a little overpriced, but is a great ST ace.

I'd also like a trade. But I don't know about asking prices and players available.

But I won't preach for TT doing something for the sake of making some news. I'll judge when our team hits the field.
lets just hope TT has another good draft then.. i dont want the packers to spend huge bucks in FA market but a couple good signings and a good draft and we are superbowl contenders.. we need to have a phenomenal draft if we dont address certain needs in free agency
I absolutely agree. Actually, I don't think we can fix every problem we have solely through the draft.

I do think, however, that we have a good enough team that with a great draft can become SB champs.

But we cannot have a Justin Harrell or Brian Brohm pick. We need a CM3 and a Greg Jennings picks...

BT90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears still loom with problems

Even though the Bears have signed Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor, there are still many other problems that need to be fixed. Their receiving core is still too weak and the offensive line is terrible. If the offensive line doesn't get fixed Cutler will be scrambling for his life and Forte will rush for negative yardage all season long. Their additions to defense will only make their pass rush stronger but their secondary still sucks and is highly sub par similar to their offensive strike.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One man does not make a team. this is for sure. Peppers is 30 and granted he still has some gas but.. not to worry he will run out of gas soon. not used to colder weather games just ask favre how he feels :)

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. Actually, I don't think we can fix every problem we have solely through the draft.

I do think, however, that we have a good enough team that with a great draft can become SB champs.

But we cannot have a Justin Harrell or Brian Brohm pick. We need a CM3 and a Greg Jennings picks...
i feel the same way but how many cm3s and greg jennings picks can we have

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
One man does not make a team. this is for sure. Peppers is 30 and granted he still has some gas but.. not to worry he will run out of gas soon. not used to colder weather games just ask favre how he feels :)

Agreed that one man does not make a team.....but Peppers will not run out of gas anytime soon. That guy is an athletic specimen. He might be the most amazing athlete I've ever seen in professional sports. Does anyone remember watching that guy dunk when he played basketball for North Carolina? He's unbelievable.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed that one man does not make a team.....but Peppers will not run out of gas anytime soon. That guy is an athletic specimen. He might be the most amazing athlete I've ever seen in professional sports. Does anyone remember watching that guy dunk when he played basketball for North Carolina? He's unbelievable.
i actually only watched him play basketball at north carolina.. i thought football was his second sport.. i was mistaken

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
i actually only watched him play basketball at north carolina.. i thought football was his second sport.. i was mistaken

Yeah.....he's one of the most athletically gifted players in the history of professional sports. As long as that guy is lined up opposite ARod, I will be nervous.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Peppers, you get a PTP'er. Sometimes he decides to show up, some times he doesn't. I'd rather take my chances facing a stooge like this than a guy like Kampmann, that brings it every play.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Peppers only had 10.5 sacks last year. Lets not get too excited about him. He got his guaranteed payday. My guess is he's gonna take the next 6 years off.

Yeah, he looked good the last game in Carolina, but he was trying to showcase himself for a payday. I'm more worried about Jared Allen then Peppers. Time will tell though.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm worried about facing him, but i'm still not worried about facing Chicago. Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor don't fix their many offensive issues. I hear Martz is trying to get Olsen traded now, which would be a godsend because he's their only receiver that's worth a damn.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about facing him, but i'm still not worried about facing Chicago. Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor don't fix their many offensive issues. I hear Martz is trying to get Olsen traded now, which would be a godsend because he's their only receiver that's worth a damn.
agree with you on this one.

Peppers is overrated, because people think he's the second coming of Reggie White.

But thruth is, he's a terrific pass rusher...

Members online

Latest posts