Bears luck this season makes me sick...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the luck that is following around the Chicago bears this season. Their injury report on Friday: Zero. They had absolutely no injuries to report. But that doesn't **** me off that bad. What ****** me of is that now the Eagles Samuel is out this week with a knee injury. Hobbs was hurt last week and is now on IR. So the starting two Cornerbacks are lost, along with two D-Linemen, just before the game with guess who? The Bears. This happens every freaking week. The Bears are due to finally show the NFL if they are worth a **** or not and then the opposing team loses key players the week before, while the Bears don't lose a soul. I swear that Lovie Smith and Mike Martz have to be practicing witch doctor **** in Chicago or something. Placing bad Taboo on teams the week before they play.

And what's most annoying... Bear fans. They actually think that they are the baddest **** in the NFL after beating these injury depleted teams. I live in Central Illinois and it's all I hear... how dominant the Bears are and how no body is even close in how terms of performance. Give me a freaking break. One told me that there was no difference in when we beat the Vikings and when they played them. Well when you guys played them it was in Chicago, on the most god awful surface in the NFL, and with no receivers. Harvin was out, Berrian was out, Rice was out. When we play them, we play them in Minnesota with all of their players back and on turf. But yeah, it's the same. I was also told that we played the same Dolphins team... Bears shut them out, but we lost. Really? I'm not even going to go into that one...

Rant Over/

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, and my Viking fan buddy said early this season that the Bears are always lucky.

How lucky were they when they had Cutler out in week 5, that they got to face Carolina when they had to start their rookie QB for the first time ever?

The Bears QB threw for about 40 yards, and they still won the game because Carolina was so bad offensively and because Forte had 2 long runs, which he NEVER does.

Also, we all know how lucky they were to beat us.
2 game-clinching INTs by us called back because of questionable penalties.
Finley's TD called back on a bullschit holding call on Tauscher. Then Peppers luckily found the ball on Crosby's FG and it was blocked.
Then Jones fumbles late in the game, and it magically stops one centimeter from the sideline and sits there so the Bear can recover it.

The good news is LUCK LIKE THAT NEVER LASTS.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
A lot of success in the NFL is luck. I think good teams make their own luck. Bears have had better than their share of it. I can't wait to see their luck end at Lambeau!

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, and my Viking fan buddy said early this season that the Bears are always lucky.

How lucky were they when they had Cutler out in week 5, that they got to face Carolina when they had to start their rookie QB for the first time ever?

The Bears QB threw for about 40 yards, and they still won the game because Carolina was so bad offensively and because Forte had 2 long runs, which he NEVER does.

Also, we all know how lucky they were to beat us.
2 game-clinching INTs by us called back because of questionable penalties.
Finley's TD called back on a bullschit holding call on Tauscher. Then Peppers luckily found the ball on Crosby's FG and it was blocked.
Then Jones fumbles late in the game, and it magically stops one centimeter from the sideline and sits there so the Bear can recover it.

The good news is LUCK LIKE THAT NEVER LASTS.

I know Poor Mason :(

L

Lunchboxer

Dont worry We will skin the Bears alive come Jan when they some to our house.

( Depends if we already got amazing Seed for the playoffs that game probably wont matter )

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bears are gonna be pretty much on their way out of it by the time they get to us. All we'll have left to do is hunt the last of them, nice warm bear skin coats for those frigid Green Bay winters. The Bears are more of a pesky nuisance, the Eagles should make short work of them. Don't be surprised if they Eagles blow it, years of following those silly birds has taught me well. The Bears however are going to have a tough go of it for the remainder of the season, ending in a massacre at Lambeau Field.

Bear down!!! <<<< I never understood why Bears fans used that. It doesn't even sound right. It sounds like you have a bear down, whenever I hear it I look for an injured Bear.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Cutler will actually look like a decent QB this week with half of the Eagles defense out with injury...

Funny thing is, most of the Bears fans around me are either hoping that 1) they can injure Vick early in the game or 2) Soldier Field is in TERRIBLE shape so that it slows down the Eagles speed.

WTF ever happened to one team just going out and flat out beating another team. Not hoping for injury and field conditions to save them?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
even with the eagles 2 best cbs out, the eagles still have vick, mccoy, jackson, and maclin. thats a dangerous offense

alvastarr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Forum followed me on twitter, so I consider that an invite to the conversation even though I have to say I'm not a Packer fan or a Bears fan, but a Saints fan. Also, I'm fairly new to watching football.

Still, isn't luck part of anything we all undertake? And isn't being "tough" and not getting injured part of playing football?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

In following my own team, the injury reports have been astronomical. As in, Saints injuries this season: Bush (8 weeks), Sharper, Porter, Shockey, Thomas, Jenkins.

Not an excuse.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bear meat will be served in december.

Agreed ^^ and also they havent played against a qb like Vick....not saying its the only reason why the eagles are going to win...but I can just see their defense getting torn up by him. and yes! they are quite lucky

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bear down!!! <<<< I never understood why Bears fans used that. It doesn't even sound right. It sounds like you have a bear down, whenever I hear it I look for an injured Bear.

I "Beared down" Thanksgiving afternoon in the bathroom around 5 p.m after the noon feast...Jay Cutler and crew made some pretty fancy moves when I pushed down the handle, and then they were gone... Getting tired of all the Bear shidt here too.

L

Lunchboxer

I hope Jackson and Maclin put up big numbers because I got those 2 on my fantasy team.

I need big numbers Im starting to slide in the league.

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, an you know that if those ****s lose this week all you will hear is, " You guys didnt even play against Vick" lmao

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Forum followed me on twitter, so I consider that an invite to the conversation even though I have to say I'm not a Packer fan or a Bears fan, but a Saints fan. Also, I'm fairly new to watching football.

Still, isn't luck part of anything we all undertake? And isn't being "tough" and not getting injured part of playing football?

In following my own team, the injury reports have been astronomical. As in, Saints injuries this season: Bush (8 weeks), Sharper, Porter, Shockey, Thomas, Jenkins.

Not an excuse.

Check out the Packers injury report... It's about 3 times that long. We've got more opening day starters out on IR this season that anyone. The Saint have had a "few" injuries to deal with but everyone is making there way back now. The problem with IR is it's done. There's no coming back this season. You guys will more than likely be healthy for a playoff run. Packer's won't.

But you're absolutely right, it's not an excuse, nobody is really looking to make excuses.

My biggest gripe comes from Bears fans who walk around with their heads held high like they are the baddest **** on earth when they get the wins the way that they get them. Win's and losses are all that matters, yes, but if it was flipped and the Packers lucked into playing against an injury ravaged team every week and winning, sure I might be happy that we were winning, but I wouldn't be confident about it. It just takes playing that one healthy team and getting your *** beat before you realize, wow, we still suck.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not an excuse.

yeah total difference when your talking a couple weeks and the whole season.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will will all come out in the wash. The good teams will be there and the also-rans will be watching with the fans. Yeah, the Bears are outragously lucky this year. But that will end soon and the Pack should be back in control of their own destiny when it matters.

emaugust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fan here... no question we are lucky - but it is an institutional sort of luck that can't be discounted - the luck that Lovie Smith drills in the Bears by working tip drills harder than any team in the NFL. There is certainly an X Factor and there always has been, but that comes from working ******* special teams, preaching scroing defense and having a healthy team. I just have to respond here as, I have heard the same complaint across the internet over the years, mostly from Vikes and Saints fans.

Don't be sore - our Defense is legit, it has always been a question of whether our offense can click and our O line keep Cutler from being decapitated where he stands.

And to whoever was concerned about the saying "Bear Down"... it's a play on words that probably came about in the 40's when our fight song was created it... To Bare Down is sort of like putting all your weight or effort into something... So its just a play on words... Not too difficult to understand. Bare down = Bear Down.

Anyhow, mark my words - both our seasons are gonna come down to the final game of the season.

No Injuries - Bear Down!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fan here... no question we are lucky - but it is an institutional sort of luck that can't be discounted - the luck that Lovie Smith drills in the Bears by working tip drills harder than any team in the NFL. There is certainly an X Factor and there always has been, but that comes from working ******* special teams, preaching scroing defense and having a healthy team. I just have to respond here as, I have heard the same complaint across the internet over the years, mostly from Vikes and Saints fans.

Don't be sore - our Defense is legit, it has always been a question of whether our offense can click and our O line keep Cutler from being decapitated where he stands.

And to whoever was concerned about the saying "Bear Down"... it's a play on words that probably came about in the 40's when our fight song was created it... To Bare Down is sort of like putting all your weight or effort into something... So its just a play on words... Not too difficult to understand. Bare down = Bear Down.

Anyhow, mark my words - both our seasons are gonna come down to the final game of the season.

No Injuries - Bear Down!
How does lovie work on having the others teams starters miss the game? You saying he does voodoo in practice?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

No Injuries - Bear Down!

It pains me to say this but you guys really looked good against those Eagles!!! What I wouldn't give for some Hester on our special teams! He is just brilliant! I don't understand why the kicker would kick the ball to Hester! You seem like a real decent Bears fan so I don't mind telling you congrats on the win and just for you "Bear Down". Thanks for explaining the meaning of that. Enjoy your win, until we meet again in Lambeau Field!

emaugust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@GatorPack - nah man, no voodoo that I know of, but look - When the bears had all three starting Line Backers out due to injury last year - 2 of which we lost within the first 2 or 3 games, was anyone crying about how Un-Lucky the Bears were? Or when Tommie Harris fresh off a huge Contract never got better from his Injuries, or how about Matt Forte with his bum leg last year that made most of the Fanbase turn on him? Every team gets injuries and I am pretty sure come December last year, Pack Nation was worried about the playoffs and not how Unlucky the Bears were. This is as it should be - Injuries happen, and sometimes they don't.

@Kitten - Thanks :] We looked good today - you guys pretty much look good week in and out. I just hope we can hang, cause once the playoffs come... anything can happen.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@GatorPack - nah man, no voodoo that I know of, but look - When the bears had all three starting Line Backers out due to injury last year - 2 of which we lost within the first 2 or 3 games, was anyone crying about how Un-Lucky the Bears were? Or when Tommie Harris fresh off a huge Contract never got better from his Injuries, or how about Matt Forte with his bum leg last year that made most of the Fanbase turn on him? Every team gets injuries and I am pretty sure come December last year, Pack Nation was worried about the playoffs and not how Unlucky the Bears were. This is as it should be - Injuries happen, and sometimes they don't.

@Kitten - Thanks :] We looked good today - you guys pretty much look good week in and out. I just hope we can hang, cause once the playoffs come... anything can happen.
As I said in previous posts, I still think your OL is swiss cheese, and that your Wrs are speedsters and nothing else. And that your QB gets rattled rather easily, and then goes in self destruct mode.

But, as I've also said, your D is legit. Top 5 in the league hands down, and it's because of the front 7.

The secondary is very much exploitable, just look at what Rodgers did to them when we played you.

And I still think we'll win the division.

But nobody can say with a straight face that playing you guys is easy, that your team isn't good, that they're pretenders.

I don't think you are as good as us, as Atlanta, as New Orleans. But you're a damn thought team to play, and I sure don't want to face you guys at Soldier Field in the playoffs.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Redbird, they did just flat out beat them. Good news, there's enough cheese up there in Wisc for all you whining so called Packer fans.
What stinks around here is a ******-bag like yourself coming to a fan site for the Packers and suggesting they are questionable fans and sore losers.

Its a fan site idiot, what did you expect to find? We question after losses just like any other fan site.

What is pathetic is that fact that your too much of a coward to even commit to being a fan of any team. Most likely you are another worthless bears fan who only talks big when they win.

I don't think you will find too many other cowards like yourself her that troll other boards only when their team wins and then slinks off into obscurity when they loose. The ones i have observed who do post on other sites at least have the balls to take their lumps when the teams play doesn't measure up to their talk.

So what ever lame *** fan base you belong to, you should probably go back thier and have a circle jerk with the rest of your pals.

You're pathetic!

:viksux:
:chisux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's natural for fans t be upset and whine when their team loses. If you want to hear some real whining, come over here to Philly where the Eagles fans are ready to jump off the Walt Whitman bridge after watching the Eagles lose to the Bears. I always find it remarkable how quickly Eagle's fans will turn on their team. Last week they were singing their names to the skies, running around talking about how they were the best team in the NFC they were going to the SB. Now they are acting like the Eagles are done and they can't believe they trusted Vick and thought they were going to the SB. That's why I'm a Packer fan and no longer an Eagle's fan. Packer's fans are on another planet. If we choose to whine after we lose, it is our right as fans to experience the full range of emotions, just as any other teams fans have a right to be sad and whine when they lose.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts